• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name the game you've played more than any other since you set foot upon the path of digital entertainment

Stexor

Neo Member
Mario Kart 64. About 400-500 hours competing in time trials against other karters. It's a type of speedrunning technically but i never considered myself a speedrunner as that is usually associated with streaming/recording full game speedruns which i have never done. I'm currently ranked 34th in the world in a database of over 1100 people.

TacosNSalsa

Either KOF 97 or 98. My friends and I played on my Neo Geo at home ..then we'd go to Chinatown and take them on , then Times Square and even into Port Authority . I played in every dingy comic book , video store and laundry mat I could find ..I don't even want to think how many hours put into it ..

bitbydeath

ExcitableMediumChihuahua-size_restricted.gif

Boss Mog

FFXI, nothing else comes even close. In fact I doubt any other game I've ever played even reaches 1% of FFXI's playtime.

Iaterain

It is definitely Dota 2. It is embarrassing, but I've played this game a lot.
At one moment, Dota 2 community became so toxic that I couldn't take it anymore and decided to stop playing it.
For whatever reason, online free2play games gathers the worst and angriest people from all over the world,
that is why I'm not playing free2play games anymore.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Outside of Multi-player and MMOs easily Crusader Kings 2, which is past 700 hours at this juncture and will undoubtedly go past 800 with the release of the recent Holy Fury DLC. Nothing gets me noodling more than just scheming like a Lannister in early medieval Europe.

jadedm17

Does Neopets count?
8 hours * 365 days * 4 years is 11,680 HRS rough estimate.... I'd say with 10 hour plus days and random nonsense 15 to 20,000.
To be fair it was a forum too so half that was talking and relaxing.

I was young, even met and dated my first girlfriend for four years off there. She was great. Good times.

Smash Brothers Melee
COD 4
Age Of Empires 2HD
Destiny (Sad about this one)
Red Dead Redemption 2

Hah, love it, I'm very similar with at least 1000 hrs in Melee and Destiny, and over several hundred in COD 4.
I don't regret Destiny, its highs were absolutely incredible fun.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Now that I think about, its probably the whole BF series. Its in the deep thousands. (semi deep)

Nymphae

Banned
I'm going to say Tetris across all the different variations, with maybe by bootleg DSLite copy of TGM3 getting the most hours.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
I'm sure I've played other games more (possibly on console), but here is what steam has

Grand Theft Auto V
2,691 hrs on record

Last edited:

jonnyp

Single games it's probably either of:
Civilization 5
X-Com Terror From The Deep
Gran Turismo 2

When it comes to entire series it's probably football manager or gran turismo.

Resident Evil 3 for sure. When I was a kid I finished the game everyday for years. I also make a habit of playing the game at least once a year,been doing that for who knows how long (at least 15 years )

ReBurn

Gold Member
I couldn't name a single game. But as far as franchises go it would be GTA, Ridge Racer and Street Fighter. My favorite franchises in my favorite genre.

Super Mario World for sure. I finished that game a thousand times and I still haven't found any game that controls better. It's just perfect.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Probably halo 1 or 2 . I played for at least 1000 hours. All my friends on the street were hooked. Some of the best memories playing online during the early xbox live days.

More recently xenoblade chronicles 2 with 270 something hours.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I believe it's Killer Instinct with 444 Hours.

But Rocket League across 3 platforms might already be there and if it's not, it will overtake it eventually.

GenericUser

I hate to admit it, because people usually mock me for that and look down on me for that, but honestly? The whole COD series since MW(1). I count them as one game, as the core mp concept is basically the same each game and has only been refined in later titles.

Pantz

I would guess League of Legends by now. I used to play the Dominion game mode a ton before they shut it down. Now I still play the ARAM mode but not as much as I used to. It's still the best drunk game.

It's hard to say but Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic and EverQuest II could be higher or not far behind.

For singleplayer only, it would be Final Fantasy VII.

Leonard Washington Leonard Washington
Have you played OutRun 2006 on PC? Wouldn't that one be the definitive HD version?
I know something was off about it but I just can't remember.

PC version never did it for me as it just didn't feel the same as console/arcade versions even with all the mods added to patch in stuff like force feedback etc... as the "chunky" aesthetic was totally missing. The PS3 port while very cut down looks and plays as it should in HD though.

Lanrutcon

Would be either WoW, Warframe or Diablo 2. Next category would be Wizardry 8 and various Pokemon games.

As a franchise, it would either be Warcraft or Pokemon.

TFGB

For actual hours played it would have to be $ingstar, even though I haven’t touched it in a couple of years.

ZiriusOne

Path of Exile. Easily over 1k hours.

That game is a problem. It's so unbelievably addicting and replayable. Watch out PS4 players, you got a real fuckin treat comin your way.

gameplay1.jpg

WaterAstro

Path of Exile for sure, even though I do have a physical copy as a thousand dollar supporter lol.

Whoa wtf Neogaf changed styles. Trippy

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
For MP I probably clocked more hours in Counterstrike Source during the two years I've played it, it's going to remain my most played game forever.

But for long lasting appeal of my gaming "career" it has to be Resident Evil 4. Ever since it was released I replayed it 1-2 times a year - and my next playthrough is upcoming shortly.

dirthead

Banned
Not sure which one I've played the most, but it's one of these: Doom, Street Fighter 2, Samurai Shodown 2, Final Fight, Puzzle Bobble, Super Metroid, Symphony of the Night, Metroid Prime, Quake 3, World of Warcraft.

Last edited:

Pejo

Final Fantasy XI - I think I played this for 8 or 9 years almost daily. Nothing else is gonna come close.
Dark Souls - Penta-dipped on the game, played at least one playthrough on every purchase. Multiple playthroughs on PS3 and PC.
Rocket League - In second place on my steam profile which is amazing considering I normally hate competitive games and sports games.

keraj37

Fallout 2 - I played it dozens times, like once every 2 years since release. No game ever gave me that feeling of RPG to this date.

Thousands of matches on Kick Off 2* on the Amiga 🙂
(*It was infinitely better than Sensible Soccer)

I have to strongly disagree.

Last edited:
in terms of pure hours, probably WoW yet... between beta and the first two expansions, think my /played was around 130 days or 3000 hours. put about 50 days into beta and think 60-70 into vanilla and TBC. WLK was maybe 10-20.

for non-online games, gotta be FF Tactics and GTA 5 now...

FFT at 13 full playthroughs IIRC (got them all on an old memory card or then one on a PSP and another on a PS TV). usually 50-100 hours each and a few higher than that. must be over 1000 hours for sure tho.

GTA5 up there, certainly for being a 2013 game. excluding GTA Online (another 750 hours), I think I put around 700-800 hours into it across 2 main files and maybe 3 quick playthroughs over 2 gens.

Deus Ex, Shadowrun (Sega Genesis), FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre, WarCraft 2 and 3, and Age of Empires and Mythology though are all up there in terms of non-hours which games I've most consistently replayed every single year over and over. For pure hours tho FFT is way up there, though, even of Tactics Ogre -- a game I like more. It's just FFT is streamlimed in a way it makes it so easy to replay every year.

Top Bottom