• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto fans I summon you! - what are the best games I can find on ANY console?

v0rtikal

Well, as you all may already know the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy is just around the corner and I'm pretty excited since I didn't have the chance to play any of the games included in this collection (I know 3 and 4 are available on Steam) because I sold my Xbox360, so I'm definitely buying this one Day 1.

Back in the day, I played Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and it was great, the missions, the characters, the collectibles. It really surpassed my expectations. (jeez...I'm even considering buying an x360 again just for this game if it doesn't make it to Xbox One backward compatibility program)

Recently, we started watching the TV series with my gf so I want to know which games across any consoles are the best ones in your opinion so I can play them with her.

Thanks.

Reset

The four Ninja Storm games... but you already said you're getting them. Those are the only good Naruto games that I've played.

I really like the Ultimate Ninja/Narutimate Hero games on the PS2. They were also developed by CC2 but they're 2D plane games taking more from Smash ans Street Fighter.

A lot of people swear on the Clash of the Ninja games on the game cube. They're solid 3D fighting games.

Aside from Ultimate Ninja Storm, the Clash of Ninja games on GameCube and Wii are pretty much button mashers/dial-a-combos at the core, but they're still tons of fun. They have a bunch of modes, tons of characters and stages, and are actually pretty packed with content all-around. They were developed by Eighting who are always great with their fighters.

The best ones in that series are Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 for GameCube and Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 on Wii.

The PS2 Ultimate Ninja games are pretty good too. They were the predecessor to Storm and play on a 2D plane. 3 is the main one to get there. Along with the fighting it also has some minigames, tons of things to collect and unlock, and a sandbox-ish style story mode.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Naruto Ultimate NInja storm legacy is pretty much all you need OP. Not to throw mud on any of the other games, but they are clear "for fans only" games that have bad quality and have to be excused because of their product license

CC2's games are the only ones i can say i enjoy even now, when i've long since stopped being a fan of the franchise. THey just put so much effort and production value into it, you can't help but enjoy the ride.

The gameplay is simplistic, but 99% of licensed anime games are much more so.

tumblr_nqvhg9Qq6W1rs5gxyo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nsl8z7nThT1r5wdvfo1_540.gif

tumblr_nzbblbP51f1rc40z5o1_500.gif

tumblr_nsmrd7YTdt1rs5gxyo2_500.gif

giphy.gif

The Naruto Storm games are surely great. Like you, I am gonna be getting the first two games since I never go the chance to play them.

Naruto Storm 4 actually handled the ending way better than the anime imo, and the narrative structure of the game was a brilliance piece of game design

tell me about it... I recently discovered this and as far as I know both were X360 exclusives right?

Correct, I love the storm games, but Rise and Broken Bond were pretty good. Loved the rpg adventure aspect to their games. It's the only thing the storm series is missing.

EhoaVash

The clash of the ninja /ninja taisen games for the GameCube are really fun fighting games/party games with friends. Could play ninja taisen 4 which never got localized is damn fun/has lots of characters. Runs great on Dolphin emulator :d ;d
These games don't really have a story mode but more of a arcade mode. Mostly a multiplayer style game like smash bros

Shame the series is dead :(

The storm games aren't as enjoyable to play. Very simplistic and sometimes bloated with a bunch of nothing but has a lot of fan service and nice cutscenes especially Storm 2 being the best in this series because it's story mode isn't bloated with pointless cutscenes like storm 3 and doesn't skip a lot of important scenes/information like storm 4 does which feels more like a rushed job

Storm 3 and 4 kinda suck. But these storm games are great for people who stopped following the show and need to catch up quickly on this story

Broken bond is great too btw.

Broken Bond is better than Rise of a Ninja, OP. Play them if you can. because of licensing issues I don't think these games would end up being back compatible.

LordKasual

Banned
Production value of the first Ultimate Ninja Storm game was excellent.

Out of all of them though, the Gamecube Clash of Ninja titles were superior gameplay wise.

CC2 was the god of 3D anime graphics until Arc System Works came along and took over the universe

v0rtikal

are Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond the only non-fighting games? .. I really liked the adventure side of the former.

EhoaVash

are Rise of a Ninja and The Broken Bond the only non-fighting games? .. I really liked the adventure side of the former.

Both those games are fighting too lol.

Storm 1/2 have some of the free roaming village gameplay like broken bond/rise but it's pretty bare bones/shallow
-Storm 1 and broken bond share similar story point btw ends at save sasuke arc
- storm 2 is beginning of Naruto Shippuden arc ends halfway

Storm 3 also has bits of village roaming but again they remove more and more freedom to explore the village and it's really really just walking a linear walkway to trigger the next cutscene and read meh npc text. Zero freedom.

Storm 4 completely removed the village roaming and is just fight cutscene and fight for it's story mode. It has a separate adventure mode but its so bad. Just walk talk to no name npc and fight someone from a flash back

No village roaming, no building climbing jumping rooftop etc :/

There were a couple RPGs on DS. Path of Ninja, and I think it had a couple sequels. Been years since I played them but they weren't bad; a bit standard but pretty inoffensive.

NJSlay

Banned
Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, hands down.

It can be broken but it also has the most legit gameplay of any of the Naruto games. If you want a fighting game, that is.

Canceling combos in that game let's you do some really cool stuff.

tomatoartillery

Neo Member
If you want to try a megaman battle network style game but with naruto, check out Naruto Path of the Ninja 1 and 2 for the DS. It's all pre-shippuden though. I don't think there's cooperative stuff but you may be able to face each other.

Revven

IMO, you cannot go wrong with the Naruto Clash of Ninja series on Gamecube (or, Gekitou Ninja Taisen in Japan). The only downside to the series is that to get the actual best, final release for both Gamecube and Wii is if you import a Japanese copy.

For Gamecube, it's Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4
For Wii, it's Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen! Special

If you'd prefer localized versions, then the last Clash of Ninja in the West on Gamecube is Clash of Ninja 2 (yes, they never did a 3 for Gamecube).

For the Wii, it's Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 which has the most complete roster for the West + doesn't have the messed up physics/juggling from Revolution 1/2.

I'd highly recommend Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4, however, because it has characters not even Revolution 3 has and it plays the best. It's a very easy to pick up game and its fighting mechanics are really, really solid. There's even some depth to the game that some people in this thread haven't mentioned where you can cancel combos with Y so you can keep juggles going with the various combos every character has. (Don't worry, the combos are really easy, nothing complex).

I feel the CotN/GNT series are far better than the stuff on PS2 and the Storm series. And, they still look nice today as well. Kind of an overlooked series because it was on Gamecube initially and we never got the final sequel on Gamecube (GNT4) but it's super good. Really solid presentation (for the time) and tight gameplay + the fact you can do 4 player battles like Smash was awesome. Legit fighter while still offering modes for people who want to play it more casually.

Unbounded

The clash of Ninja series, starting with 2, is about as good as it gets.

The first one was kinda weak in comparison.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Which is the best Storm game for those who will only play one?

UNS2 is generally considered the most balanced and 'fresh', although i don't think any of them are 'bad' per se.

What if I don't know the story past the time skip?

2, 3 and 4 will give you a decent run down of events of part 2. Infact, if you only know about part 1, that's just a better reason to skip the first game, because it does not give you any traditional story mode worth anything regarding part 1.

I actually think 2 and 3 tell the story a lot better than the source material, which is something

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

It can be broken but it also has the most legit gameplay of any of the Naruto games. If you want a fighting game, that is.

yep, gekitou ninja taisen 4 was the pinnacle of the naruto games in terms of fighting. The ps2 series was OK, but after playing the first ps3 game, I hated the direction they were going in and went back to playing GNT 4. My first import gamecube game too, good memories.

thefil

Oh damn, looks like 2 isn't even on PC. That pretty much excludes it for me.

Last Naruto game I played was Narutimate Hero 2.

Hero

This right here. I would dare to say that if GNT4 had released in the west it may have had a decent fighting game following. Lots of unique, viable fighting game characters with built in systems that helped police broken shit.

4 player mode is excellent for 2v2 battles.

Giga Man

I'm not a Naruto fan anymore, but when I was, the Clash of Ninja (Gekitou Ninja Taisen) series for the GameCube and Wii were the shiznit. I only have Clash of Ninja 2, though. LOL! Since they're all basically the same, they're very well made 3D fighting games. They can also be played with up to four players! I liked Clash of Ninja 2 better than Ultimate Ninja (Narutimate Hero) for PS2, which was kind of Smash Bros.-esque but only 1-on-1. It was alright, but it was more slow-paced than Clash of Ninja. Ultimate Ninja was probably the precursor to Ultimate Ninja Storm if I had to guess, since both series simulate the "ninja feel" more than Clash of Ninja does. They're just not my cup of tea.

Even though I dipped from Naruto, I still like the games I played and wish the last Clash of Ninja game, Gekito Ninja Taisen! Special, was localized.

Regiruler

Clash of Ninja Revolution 3. Has a really satisfying character unlock progression, IMO, although unlocking Anbu Kakashi is kind of a pain in the ass.

The gameplay in the storm series is trash.

What's the ps2 title that lets you play as the 4th, a hybrid kubi naruto? It even has a open world like rpg game that let's you play as sasuke or naruto.

I think it's based on the anime all the way till yamato and naruto catch up to orichimaru.

Top Bottom