• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

NVptZp9.jpg

Release Date(s):
JP: April 18, 2013
NA: March 5, 2013
EU: March 8, 2013
Publisher: Namco-Bandai Games
Developer: CyberConnect 2
Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360
Genre: Fighting
Multiplayer: Local, Online

About the game:

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is the fourth title in the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series and follows Naruto, a knuckle head ninja and his adventures. It is a 3D anime fighter based off the popular manga and anime series.

This game series itself is known for its visuals and animation that manage to match and at times exceed the anime as well as having large scale cinematic boss battles. If you've played Asura's Wrath or heard about it a lot last year? Well this is the series where CyberConnect 2 honed their craft.

Story:
New comers - Naruto is a ninja. Some bad dudes have started a war to get something in his tummy. Are you a bad enough dude to help him win the war?

Fans - The game will start with a flashback from the beginning of the Nine-Tails' Attack on the Hidden Leaf Village and then start with the Five Kage Summit Arc all the way to an unknown point in the Shinobi World War Arc.

Features new to the series:

Ringouts - Players can knock out the AI/other players out from the ring, much like other 3D fighters. Stage destruction is also a new feature.

Updated Support Character system - There is a new addition in the Team Attack System as the player can now use their support characters to get ready to charge and attack. Also, support characters now have health bars and once their health is depleted, the support player can no longer be used and their body will remain on the stage lifeless.

Instant Awakenings - Players can now use Awakenings (Super Mode) any time in battle for a boost in strength, speed and a moveset change, even during the middle of a combo. The downside being that it depletes your chakra bar (energy bar used for special moves) and there is a long wait period before Awakening can be used again.

Returning:

The lengthy story mode returns from Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 as well as the cinematic boss battles after taking a break during Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.

The story mode will also feature hack & slash musou gameplay (think Dynasty Warriors).
Roster:

Confirmed Playable Characters
Parenthesis indicate character's Awakening Modes.

jVbkMOl.jpg

• Naruto Uzumaki (Playable in Part I and Part II) (One-Tailed Form, Four Tails Form, Nine-Tails Chakra Mode)
  • Sage Naruto (Six-Tailed Form)
  • Sasuke Uchiha (Playable in Part I and Part II) (Sharingan, Curse Mark Mode, Susanoo Mode, Susanoo Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan Mode)
  • Sakura Haruno (Playable in Part I and Part II) (Allied Shinobi Forces, Maiden's Anger Mode, Herculean Mode)
  • Kakashi Hatake (Allied Shinobi Forces, Sharingan Mode)
  • Young Kakashi (White Light Blade Mode)
  • Yamato (Wood Style Mode)
  • Sai (Allied Shinobi Forces, Fast Writing Mode)
  • Shikamaru Nara (Allied Shinobi Forces, Strategy Mode)
  • Ino Yamanaka (Allied Shinobi Forces, Hundred Scattered Flowers Mode)
  • Choji Akimichi (Allied Shinobi Forces, Butterfly Mode)
  • Rock Lee (Playable in Part I and Part II) (Eight Gates Mode)
  • Tenten (Allied Shinobi Forces, Bashosen)
  • Neji Hyuga (Playable in Part I and Part II) (Allied Shinobi Forces, Byakugan Mode)
  • Shino Aburame (Allied Shinobi Forces, Beetle Mode)
  • Hinata Hyuga (Playable in Part I and Part II) (Allied Shinobi Forces, Byakugan Mode, Twin Lion Fists Mode)
  • Kiba Inuzuka (Allied Shinobi Forces, Food Pills Mode)
  • Might Guy (Eight Gates Mode)
  • Hashirama Senju (Wood Release Ninjutsu Mode)
  • Tobirama Senju (Water Release Ninjutsu Mode)
  • Hiruzen Sarutobi (Hokage Mode)
  • Minato Namikaze (Yellow Flash Mode)
  • Tsunade (Herculean Mode)
  • Jiraiya (Sage Mode)
  • Gaara (Playable in Part I and Part II) (Allied Shinobi Forces, Brutal Sand Mode, Kazekage Mode)
  • Temari (Allied Shinobi Forces, Heavenly Fan Dance Mode)
  • Kankuro (Allied Shinobi Forces, Salamander Mode)
  • Killer B (Samehada, Gyuki)
  • A (Raikage Mode)
  • Darui (Black Lightning Mode)
  • Onoki (Tsuchikage Mode)
  • Mei Terumi (Mizukage Mode)
  • Mifune (Samurai Mode)
  • Danzo Shimura (Released Seal Mode)
  • Obito Uchiha (Sharingan Mode)
  • Tobi (Masked Man, Fourth Shinobi World War) (Sharingan and Rinnegan Mode)
  • Itachi Uchiha (Tsukuyomi Mode) (Reincarnated)
  • Kisame Hoshigaki (Samehada Fusion Mode)
  • Orochimaru (White Snake Mode)
  • Kabuto Yakushi (Snake Mode)
  • Kimimaro (Curse Mark Mode)
  • Karin (Angry Mode, Attracted Mode against Sasuke)
  • Suigetsu Hozuki (Water Arm Mode)
  • Jugo (Curse Mark Mode)
  • Konan (Angel Mode)
  • Yugito Nii (Reincarnated, Matatabi)
  • Yagura (Reincarnated, Isobu)
  • Roshi (Reincarnated, Son Goku)
  • Han (Reincarnated, Kokuo)
  • Utakata (Reincarnated, Saiken)
  • Fu (Reincarnated, Chomei)
  • Hanzo (Reincarnated)
  • Deidara (Reincarnated)
  • Sasori (Reincarnated)
  • Hidan (Jashin Ritual Mode)
  • Kakuzu (Shinzo Mode)
  • Asuma Sarutobi (Reincarnated)
  • Nagato (Reincarnated)
  • Madara Uchiha (Reincarnated) (Rinnegan Mode)
  • Haku (Reincarnated) (Ice Mode)
  • Zabuza Momochi (Reincarnated) (Demon Mode)
  • Chiyo (Reincarnated) (Chikamatsu Ten Puppets Mode)

Stages:

• Hidden Leaf (Part I, Normal, Destroyed, Ruined, Construction)
  • Training Field
  • Forest of Quiet Movement (Day, Night)
  • Grassy Waves Prairie (Day, Night)
  • Forest of Dead Trees
  • Forest of Death
  • Hidden Leaf Forest (Day)
  • Chunin Exams Stadium
  • Chunin Exams Preliminary Arena
  • Lookout Tower
  • Inn Town
  • Orochimaru's Hideout (Normal, Destroyed)
  • Five Kage Summit Venue
  • Storm Cloud Ravine
  • Bridge in the Land of Iron (Bridge, River)
  • The Coast of the Land of Lightning
  • Canyon of the Land of Lightning
  • Snowfield
  • Hidden Sand Village
  • Hidden Sand Gate
  • Land of Lightning Desert
  • Falls of Truth
  • Tailed Beast Temple
  • The Uchiha Hideout
  • Akatsuki Hideout
  • Five-Seal Barrier Cliff
  • Valley of the End
  • Hidden Rain Village (Upper, Lower)
  • Mount Myoboku
  • Madara's Hideout

Boxart and Limited/Collectors Edition:

2VViKu6.jpg

North America:

67GUAHg.jpg

aeiPTXK.jpg

UK:

pVLzmv5.jpg

Europe and Australia:

9snZuif.jpg

pZTOvQJ.jpg

Downloadable Content:

zqUijYA.jpg

Obtained through preorders.

NE2aCGx.jpg

North America:

Once Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is released on March 5th, if you are a member of Neon Alley (which includes those in a free trial) you will be able to access the website to get a code for the Neon Alley Exclusive DLC 5 Costume Pack, which will be inside the members area of NeonAlley.com.

More details will be available inside the members area of NeonAlley.com on 3/5!
*Credit card required to create an account

Trophies / Achievements List

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAyzguEOYho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY3UIQnu2jE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c20CmQ4Dj7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZliehz8mkk

Screenshots:
http://naruto.namcobandaigames.com/games/ultimate-ninja-storm-3/view/

Reviews:

jwk94

This, Twilight, and Tomb Raider all in one day. Next week's gonna be great. Any word on how we get the DLC if we're in the US? And does anybody know if Newegg will have that Day 1 Edition for the Goku outfit? would rather not miss out on that.

wow, this, tomb raider, and sim city. Might be the first time ever i've had 3 games preordered that comes out same day (it's rare for me to preorder anything in the first place!)

Got mine preordered, Day 1 like the rest of the games, the demo was boss, hopefully the substitution bar works better this time around... man that broke Generations far worse than nearly unlimited subs in UNS2...

There is a 200 page artbook available to those who preorder the game in some of the european countries and australia. So far I've only seen it on the german amazon store.

9snZuif.jpg

I now just realized that the ego kages are unplayable. Putting such a big emphasis on them in trailers and then only having them as npc's in story mode is borderline false marketing. Then again, I guess that Namco wants to earn a little bit extra over the next months by releasing them as DLC.

Revven

Not day 1ing BUT will get soon. Have to save money somehow since I just bought Rising recently.

Oh and awesome OT title LOL

Raxious

got my Will of Fire edition pre-ordered, and I'll be getting the 300 page Art book :D

It's really hard to get it seems, in the end I only found 1 shop that actually sells it in Holland.

FaceDa

Banned
I watched all of the original Naruto but never touched Shippuden. Would playing these games bring me up to speed? Not gonna watch like 400 eps

I watched all of the original Naruto but never touched Shippuden. Would playing these games bring me up to speed? Not gonna watch like 400 eps

Ninja Storm 2 and 3 covers Shippuden so i guess that would work. The games deliver excellent adaptions of the fights in the manga.

Revven

If you played UNS2 & UNS3, yes. UNS1 covers the original Naruto, so I'd only play that if you want a refresher on what happened pre-Shippuden.

I now just realized that the ego kages are unplayable. Putting such a big emphasis on them in trailers and then only having them as npc's in story mode is borderline false marketing. Then again, I guess that Namco wants to earn a little bit extra over the next months by releasing them as DLC.
We know for sure they're playable but we just don't know if they're going to be DLC or secret characters.

Revven

So was it just years of filler or something?

Glad I waited hah.

There was a period of a year of fillers for the anime in the transition to Shippuden, yes, but the manga still kept going. CC2 tends to base the games more on the recent manga chapters than sticking to the anime (because the anime is pretty behind... every so often they still have fillers afaik).

Raxious

Namco has also pretty much confirmed that they are only in story mode. However, considering that there are icons for them, and they got a complete move set, there's a very big chance that they'll be added as DLC.

Pein

Banned
Namco has also pretty much confirmed that they are only in story mode. However, considering that there are icons for them, and they got a complete move set, there's a very big chance that they'll be added as DLC.

I don't mind paying for them but man they pimped these guys hard in trailers and made them look playable.

Pein

Banned
Seems like the US got gimped when it comes to special goodies

no, we get the better Special edition, if you order from namco bandai directly you get both figures and some other stuff, Europe gets its figures split in to 2 different versions.

jwk94

no, we get the better Special edition, if you order from namco bandai directly you get both figures and some other stuff, Europe gets its figures split in to 2 different versions.

But isn't that it? We get a card, post, and soundtrack. EU at least gets those costumes and/or the artbook.

Took off March 5th for this. I'm going to play it aaaalllll day. Hopefully unlock everyone too.

Friends are coming over too. I can't wait to see what CC2's version of the ending to the game will be.

Doomrider

Since I won't be able to play this anytime soon, I've been looking for story mode videos, and here's one I just found: Story Mode gameplay (Intro).

It's 1h+ of gameplay, so, you know, spoilers. I'm watching what happens after the demo right now, and if it's any indication, the cool cinematics are definitely no longer exclusive to the big boss fights. So good.

Dragoshi1

The costumes are for people who are subscribed to Neon Alley in US, right? For the Samurai Naruto, Swimsuit Tsunade, ect?

I wonder if the 30 free days that we get from picking up the game will let us go and get the code to get the costumes free.

As for the roster, impressive, but I still dislike the multiple of same characters. Is it necessary to have more than one Naruto or Sasuke? They couldn't use that thing from generations, where it switches the character's costume and moves?

And I'm a bit disappointed Shizune and Kushina still aren't playable. Hopefully DLC will fix that. I also miss joke characters like Akamaru and the puppets from the old Naruto games.

Top Bottom