• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Thinking about canceling my preorder. How fucking lazy can CC2 be? They copied and pasted more than half of the roster from Generations, and they have PTS characters for no reason. Capcom would get murdered if they did what CC2 is doing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Thinking about canceling my preorder. How fucking lazy can CC2 be? They copied and pasted more than half of the roster from Generations, and they have PTS characters for no reason. Capcom would get murdered if they did what CC2 is doing.

Well i have to agree, also they've recycled Generations fucking maps.

Blades64

Banned

Well i have to agree, also they've recycled Generations fucking maps.

Well I guess that's why I always wait for just the main updates in different series.

Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are the same way. They are games that I enjoy, but I only buy the main games. Thankfully, I did not buy Generations, so I'm going to enjoy this. They're all new to me (new characters from Generations + new characters in Storm 3). :)

jwk94

Once Naruto Storm is released on 3/5, if you are a member of Neon Alley (which includes those in a free trial) you will be able to access the website to get a code for the Neon Alley Exclusive DLC 5 Costume Pack, which will be inside the members area of NeonAlley.com.
More details will be available inside the members area of NeonAlley.com on 3/5!
Thanks!
Neon Alley support
via CAG

Pein

Banned
Well I guess that's why I always wait for just the main updates in different series.

Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are the same way. They are games that I enjoy, but I only buy the main games. Thankfully, I did not buy Generations, so I'm going to enjoy this. They're all new to me (new characters from Generations + new characters in Storm 3). :)

if CC2 didn't make generations everyone would be happy with the roster, but since they went for the cash grab they manged to make a lot of people happy with new characters in 1 year and then piss them off the next.

The game is still worth it because the single player is gonna be really lengthy and there are still enough new characters to make it worth while.

I wish they would give different dlc packs for which service you're subscribed too. I've been subscribed to shonen jump and neon alley for awhile, all this really doils down to is that I want that japanese dlc.

For me it depends on this thread's majority.
PS3 for me.

Never bought generations so the recycled assets from that game is not a issue for me. I also dont have any problem with the lack of ginjaku and kinjaku or the 7 swordsmen. However, unplayable edo kages are a big disapppointment, especially since they are a vital part of the story that the game covers.

Platy

by ign's twitter

XGvw0Y1.jpg

Not exactly the same game ... but ...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wait, why are there a few maps covered with glass domes?

SykoTech

So they really included the Part 1 characters? That's pretty disappointing. Was hoping for a few others to sneak into those spots. Maybe next time Shizune, Kushina, Sound-Nin, Omoi, Karui, etc.

Still Day 1 on PS3. Right on the week of my break too.

I skipped out on Storm Generations but I'm really excited for this one.

Loved from the SP from Storm 2 though as it was pretty lengthy (took me about 20 hours I think).

Also, dat Tsunade swimsuit yes please.

Kyon

Banned
wait i pre ordered yesterday at gamestop and there is no neon alley free trial code on my receipt ;__;

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Cross-posting from another thread since this is where the party is:

I'll tell ya guys, I love that these games are the way they are. I want them arcadey, broken, and shallow. Gimme flash and frenetic fun that anyone can master in minutes. They're fanservice games, they serve to scratch my brawly itch and cool-stuff quota.

I just can't get into anime games that are more like "real" fighting games. For that I look to the dedicated fighting franchises that aren't derivations of other media licenses. It's why DBZ Tenkaichi was fun for me, but vanilla Budokai, not so much. I just wanna play a game that embodies the spirit of the material it adapts, not a "fighting game." The Storm series is literally a Naruto Simulator, and that's exactly what I want from it. Let me just revel in the material without too much trouble.

DR2K

Banned

Half of SFxTK roster was from SFIV, 12 characters were "DLC", etc. . . they got way with nothing.

Besides they added a bunch of new characters and porting in characters from other games would not take away enough resources for new ones to be made. There's a ton of characters here.

wait i pre ordered yesterday at gamestop and there is no neon alley free trial code on my receipt ;__;

Probably at the time of pick up.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wow Granny Tsunade. That bathing suit is pretty lewd. Also, while I LOVE the UNS series, the character selections here are pretty damn lazy. Where's Sound 4? Where's the people who haven't been in a UNS yet? Also, I can only pray that they actually balanced this game since MarkMan from Bamco has already said that they are thinking of bringing this out as a game in the FGC for tournies and I can only imagine the butthurt and rage from broken teams. You all thought Team MSS was bad in Marvel vs. Capcom 2? UNS would be even worse.

The 5 Kages vs
Madara
boss battle in epic proportions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4qiFchj6BBc

Damn, couldn't resist. Looks amazing!

Half of SFxTK roster was from SFIV, 12 characters were "DLC", etc. . . they got way with nothing.

Besides they added a bunch of new characters and porting in characters from other games would not take away enough resources for new ones to be made. There's a ton of characters here.

There is honestly just a gross double standard levied on CC2....

I guess because the game isn't a technical fighter people expect them to make up for it with large rosters. In my opinion, the 50 hour story mode (show me a fighter with a 50 hours story mode that's as engrossing and amazing to its fans) and the new characters confirmed is enough.

Hoping tha even through all this crap (and the decreased popularity of Naruto in general) they can at least break 1 million. I have some faith that we'll hear some positive news sometime soon anyway that may at least partially rectify the complaints.

chrono01

So in regards to the Neon Alley DLC, I should be able to start a 7-day trial on March 1st [or around there] and download the DLC on March 5th when the game launches, right?

Unfortunately I will not get the 30-day trial, since EBGames in Canada doesn't offer it. :(

Top Bottom