• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Dragoshi1

Has she ever fought enough in the manga to actually make a moveset for her?

She was a playable character in some previous games, nothing in the PS3/360 Storm series.

She was really enjoyable to play as, and they could easily lift her move-set from a previous game.

Also, she was playable via glitch in Storm 2(or was it Generations?), she had running animations and jutsu animations(her two assist moves), but nothing else.

And Kushina, is supposedly playable in Storm 3, but only during the roaming moments, and she's Naruto's assist for one fight, she isn't even an assist only character for use in free battle!

I'm seriously hoping for DLC, though.

Marlowe89

Supposedly at the end
Tobi
runs away like a little bitch and
Madara
gets sealed, what a joke lol.

IIRC he doesn't get sealed, just knocked away. Also, the dialogue in the fight makes it pretty clear he was just toying with them anyway.

The
Tobi
thing on the other hand was sorta unexpected, but CC2 obviously did it in order to give the game a proper ending. Making the credits roll right in the middle of a fight would be strange.

Neonsands

Neo Member
If they didn't at least tweak how certain characters play, I will be pretty mad. I'm not going to name anybody in particular *cough* Jugo *cough*, but if I have to look at him in the same outfit with the same moves and no Curse Mark Level 2, I will be mad as all hell.

If they are going to rehash characters, I hope they at least updated the ones who got ignored going into Generations.

Never before has a video game adaption DEFECATED on an Anime adaption of a manga series from such an atmospheric height.

CC2 = Master Class when it comes to animation.

They will &$#*'n Return! >__<

Sound-4.jpg

I'll guess I'll have to wait years for
Sage Mode Kabuto
Hopefully by that time he will
be out of izanami and we will see more moves from him
, so we could have him as a separate character instead of an awakening.

GlassBox

Banned
They will &$#*'n Return! >__<

Sound-4.jpg
Hah! These guys are actually going to get their own three episode filler arc starting next week being revived by Kabuto with Edo Tensei and have a rematch against the rookies.

So who knows, maybe CC2 is paying attention and will bring them back in Storm 4 since Kabuto and Edo Tensei are still active.

Finally got the game...

The "adventure" aspect of the story mode still doesn't compare to the first Storm's robust village exploration and such. The free roam or whatever is extremely linear and not much really to check out other than items that aren't hidden that well.

Gotta say, some of the battles along the way are great. The story moves pretty fast, but there are some repetitive tasks before you finally reach your destination (hack and slash mini game comes to mind).

It seems you unlock certain characters by the amount of Ryo you amass, so play free battle and get 8k-10k every 2 minutes or something.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Beat it. They really just need to pull out the "exploration" in story mode. In this game, all you do is walk to the next fight.

Desmond

Nice OT! I guess Desmond stepped down from doing it?

Is that OT drama I smell?

Anyhow, the demo and the way one fight flowed into the other impressed me and I hope it's prevalent throughout the entirety of the story mode.
to be honest, I forgot. nah, this suits me. Turns out I'm away all weekend, and didn't realise the game was out so soon. Mine would have been a half-assed rush job. Great job OP.

Local shop in Seattle called Pink Gorilla Games got the game in early. Good thing about local non-chain game shops: who cares about street dates :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

I should specify that I mean story mode. They didn't expand in it at all and the boss fights as a whole were weaker. I also think there were fewer but I am nit quite sure. Also, they continue to take away exploration to the point where the non fight stuff doesn't even need to be in. I remember INS and the old PS2 games had actual traversal abilities and what not. It is a shame, really. I still liked it, though.

Kyon

Banned
Local shop in Seattle called Pink Gorilla Games got the game in early. Good thing about local non-chain game shops: who cares about street dates :p

The one in China Town? Girl that was my favorite import shop ever! I always went there. Omg I miss Seattle.

Have fun with Naruto tho ^^

Why do we care about the sound 4>? I don't get the hype I guess.
1259985644398.jpg

Do you not understand "growth"? Not to mention big boy Choji was pushed to go Super Papillon during these fights..Cyber Connect 2 could have made those battles as intense as they deserved to be, the leaf characters that were involved "grew" because of those fights. The 3rd part of the Ultimate Ninja series on the PS2 got it right, and that's still my favorite in the series based on the care they placed on the growth of all the characters, not just the 2 main characters.

Ahahahaha~ No.

8glh58A.jpg

Word. You got the right idea.

ep21_naruto05.jpg

still waiting

denzel_intro.jpg

MY MAN!
Another growth moment, unfortunately i've never even played a Naruto game with any of those characters..

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So it's confirmed? Ugh

They probably took them out and are going to sell them as DLC. Scamco at its best

I can only hope they will be DLC. But there really hasn't been full DLC characters before in the Storm series.

To be honest, it's no point to purchase DLC characters since they will be in next game. I wonder if they will do Generation 2.5 to add Edo Kages, 6 Mists and 2 Brothers to leech more money from fans so that might be a reason why they left them out.

Kyon

Banned
To be honest, it's no point to purchase DLC characters since they will be in next game. I wonder if they will do Generation 2.5 to add Edo Kages, 6 Mists and 2 Brothers to leech more money from fans so that might be a reason why they left them out.

I hope it's UNS4 and not another Generations lol ;__; I did not touch that abomination cash in.

I just got the review copy for this in the mail (along with a copy of the 3DS Naruto game). If you guys would like me to, I will post impressions here (as long as they do not violate the embargo, of course).

Top Bottom