• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

weredog

Neo Member
This game.

My god. So, so beautiful and deceptively deep in terms of fighting style. They've really tightened up the dodging and strategy needed to play well too. It's pretty perfect.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Boy, chapter 4 sure was nice to watch. And also nice to play, for the 5 minutes out of 50 that I played it.

Was that the super-long cinema most people mention? Or is there an even longer one in the final chapter?

Boy, chapter 4 sure was nice to watch. And also nice to play, for the 5 minutes out of 50 that I played it.

Was that the super-long cinema most people mention? Or is there an even longer one in the final chapter?

There are a few more towards the end, but none as long as chapter 4.

Neonsands

Neo Member
I have this game waiting for me for Sunday.

Question to those who own it:

Are the characters more balanced? I know Sage Mode Naruto was infinitely better than everything else in the second game. I get that certain jutsus and Ultimates are more effective in more situations, but does this have more semblance of being balanced?

Does anyone have some good strategies for going up against puppet users (particularly Chiyo)? Getting past the puppets is a pain and when you get caught in her combo even substituting doesn't always help you escape.

DR2K

Banned

Smilax

Does anyone have some good strategies for going up against puppet users (particularly Chiyo)? Getting past the puppets is a pain and when you get caught in her combo even substituting doesn't always help you escape.

If you use your Chakra Dash when your opponent is guarding or getting chakra, it will hit the puppets and make them useless for a while. Other than that, you need to just break that gap so you two are close.

Also, does anyone want to play a laggy match with me? :p

As someone who hasn't watched the anime since Shippuden ep 35-40 and stopped keeping up with the manga around the time of the Kage summit, the story mode is much appreciated

So Namco Bandai Games Europe put this up on their FAQ for UNS3:

yLJj1ES.jpg

Guess that's that :(

Dragoshi1

Damnit.

Well, when I'm done with post story stuff, I guess I'm trading this in. Only costumes as DLC? Missed opportunity with more characters...

Ugh, I utterly suck against actual living people. Coming up something like 3 wins to 15 loses at the moment, really trying to main either Neji or Hinata and just can't seem to do enough damage. I think I'm spending too long in combos with dash cancels, getting subbed and annihilated. I know I'm meant to be wearing down their sub meters before doing that, but is it best to dash in, short combo and end with a ninjitsu to achieve that or am I getting the play style completely wrong? Any tips on those two?

So...I went to rent this game from Family Video---was pretty damn excited, since I loved part 2 (first Naruto game I'd played). I got home and popped it in and noticed part of the copyright date was 2012. I thought to myself "That is odd..." But said fuck it anyway, surely I'm missing something. So, I'm playing the game for a good hour going "Where the Hell are the cutscenes people are complaining about?" I also realize I'm not having much fun...at all. So I go to google and realize at this moment I'm playing Naruto Ultima Ninja Storm Generations. So, I called up Family Video and they said they were out of Ninja Storm 3. Another Family Video 30 minutes away has it, so I drive 30 minutes, make a new account and pick it up. Then I go to old store and drop off Generations, and luckily they are kind enough to give me store credit.

Long story? I'm a fucking moron.

As for Ultimate Storm 3, I loved the single-player. I was sad to see Chapter 4 wasn't cut down.
Minato and Kushina's final speech to Naruto as they're dying is god awful and way too long, as it was in the anime. A shame they didn't fix that. The internal fight with Kurama was ten times better than the anime however. The animation and all did not a single thing in the show. In the game though it actually seemed like an epic fight.
The cutscenes were extremely long and a bit above what I like to see, and I love cutscenes. However, I'd only seen in the anime up to the last chapter, so it became much more enjoyable once I hit new territory.

All in all: loved it. Think I enjoyed Ultimate Storm 2 more though. Nothing against 3, but 2 just happened to cover a story arc I find far more interesting than 3.

Im getting this and i never played a Naruto game before, never seen the anime or read manga. Only thing i did was playing the game before this one's demo. But only for five minutes or something so i don't know jack about it. Any recommendation for a starter char? Also any info? Links? Anything? Anybody? Thanks :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Pretty wack motivations for pickin up a game in the first place, bro.

Not really. I would consider it as smart move to save the money, because they are more likely to make sequels with better rosters.

You only wanted to get the game for the Edo Kages?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Hmm, I haven't really bought any Naruto games ever since Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2 or 3. Every time i would like to pull trigger to buy the game, but there is something in me that would kept me not buying them despite that I have been enjoying to play them with friends. I thought this game would be my first game to buy ever since. When i found out that they didn't add rest of characters that are story mode bosses, so I decided to wait for awhile. I guess I'm afraid to pull trigger with this game because I guess I really want to wait until it's their last game in the series. (Storm series)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Not really. I would consider it as smart move to save the money, because they are more likely to make sequels with better rosters.

That's a reason not to pick up v1 of something, MAYYYBE v2. But v3? (Technically 4?) The games are adaptations, the roster will grow (and always miss out on someone) until the source material dries up.

I guess I'm afraid to pull trigger with this game because I guess I really want to wait until it's their last game in the series. (Storm series)

I dunno man. I think they're gonna be milking Storm until the manga ends. And you're gonna be waiting a while for that. I can certainly relate to wanting to wait for the last and best version of something, but as you wait for that theoretical ultimate game, you go years without playing anything in the interim. I doubt playing Storm 3 will negatively impact your experience when you play the final storm game four years from now.

Going into Chakra Mode mid combo with Naruto is just too awesome. Some characters like the Second and Third Hokage getting additional jutus in awakening mode is boss too. Its kind of a shame all the characters didn't get that treatment.

Did people really want to play as the old Kages that badly? Its odd they weren't included since you fight them in the story but come on. We got all the tailed beasts which was much, much more important.

Going into Chakra Mode mid combo with Naruto is just too awesome. Some characters like the Second and Third Hokage getting additional jutus in awakening mode is boss too. Its kind of a shame all the characters didn't get that treatment.

Did people really want to play as the old Kages that badly? Its odd they weren't included since you fight them in the story but come on. We got all the tailed beasts which was much, much more important.
Yeah, a lot of people bash instant awakening but I love playing as Naruto and pulling out chakra mode after a couple of combos and flips. Then going for the Ultimate with Tailed Beast Bomb. Big improvement over Sage Mode which I thought was sort of lacking.

Smilax

I recently bought Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the Single Player, it reminded me a lot of the PS2 games. I do like how you can see the improvement from the first game to 3. I'm gonna see if I can find Ninja Storm 2, as I already played Generations and own 3.

Yeah, a lot of people bash instant awakening but I love playing as Naruto and pulling out chakra mode after a couple of combos and flips. Then going for the Ultimate with Tailed Beast Bomb. Big improvement over Sage Mode which I thought was sort of lacking.
I havent played online so maybe its a different story but its fun offline playing the CPU or my buddy. We mostly just do practice mode, my friend is sage mode Naruto and uses six tail. I go chakra mode and we just beat the crap out of each other. its good times.

Seik

Banned
I recently bought Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the Single Player, it reminded me a lot of the PS2 games. I do like how you can see the improvement from the first game to 3. I'm gonna see if I can find Ninja Storm 2, as I already played Generations and own 3.

Storm 2 is the best of them all if you ask me, if you liked the others you absolutely need to play it. :p

Smilax

Storm 2 is the best of them all if you ask me, if you liked the others you absolutely need to play it. :p

How does it handle the Garaa Rescue Arc? I didn't like how it was handled in the anime, it just seemed so long and drawn out.

That's what I thought as well, all you need to do is focus on the one using ultimate jutsus and spamming the up combo or the jump combo. Get ready to also spam the substitution jutsu a lot.

You can use Ultimate Jutsus for that? Well, shit.

/stealth brag

Are you insinuating that using a one on one focused fighting engine for handicap brawls against giant beasts was a poor decision? because you'd be right.

Still I think the Jinchuriki one irked me that much more.

Oh, I thought we were talking about the jinchuriki fight. That one was far more difficult for me.

/continuing the trend

Lol. Anyways:

Manga spoilers
Next game we should have Kyubi chakra for Awakenings instead of blue electricity, yes?

Welp, I'm scared now. I'm curious what would we unlock if we beat 7 tails battles?
Its not that bad, just time consuming. Final battle spoilers... While youre Naruto, Use wind shuriken and distance attacks over and over. It staggers them, preventing them from attacking. Dodge their charge attacks and keep your distance. Trying to fight up close is a losing battle (especially against 7 tails). Same goes for
Kurama
portion of the fight. Keep spamming distance attacks and mix in a
tailed beast ball
when you have enough chakra.

Beating the final battle unlocked
1st and 2nd Hokage, white masked Obito
. There might have been more but I don't remember

d0c_zaius

just beat chapter 4.

best feels since beating MGS the first time...maybe.

haven't watched any shippuden for a long time, so it was all new to me

Finally picked this up. Story mode is giving me those feels all the time.

Loving it so far.

Same. I skipped Generations, but played the previous two games. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the secret actions. They're so god-damned vague with the explanation of that one.

DR2K

Banned
Final battle is so piss easy when you spam projectiles. A ranked it, but need to S rank it, but man does it take forever.

So Namco Bandai Games Europe put this up on their FAQ for UNS3:

yLJj1ES.jpg

Guess that's that :(

It's basically free for them to add them via DLC. The majority of the work is already done, lol.

Alchemy

Fuck everything about the end of this game. Wasn't so bad, but seriously? What the fuck was that mess of a final fight? Completely soured me on this game, done with it.

Top Bottom