• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

ok, just finished the Story mode.

ermmm...when did Naurto first start to out-Dragonball z, Dragonball z?

I feel like I need to play the first 3 games to know who the hell all these people are. Is the story mode on them as good?

Slaythe

I am curious. I own ultimate ninja storm 1. Did they cut contents in the collection? Do they have konoha village to explore (Iknow the village is empty)?

No I meant Storm 1 itself is lacking a gigantic amount of content, story wise.

It's missing Haku and Zabuza, proper story for Sasuke, all the ninja sound part.

It's gigantic holes in the story, if you compare it to the manga.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I am curious. I own ultimate ninja storm 1. Did they cut contents in the collection? Do they have konoha village to explore (Iknow the village is empty)?

The village was not really empty and very fun to traverse. The removal of that element was one of the reasons I never got the other UNS games although I might get this last one considering the quality of work put into it.

I was hoping they would put more and more in the adventure/exploration element, not reduce the game to a 1-on-1 fighter like a more open and less deep Tekken :/.

Slaythe

The village was not really empty and very fun to traverse. The removal of that element was one of the reasons I never got the other UNS games although I might get this last one considering the quality of work put into it.

I was hoping they would put more and more in the adventure/exploration element, not reduce the game to a 1-on-1 fighter like a more open and less deep Tekken :/.

Er...

That "last one"'s story mode is 70% filled with anime screenshots, the rest is pre rendered videos. No exploration whatsoever.

They made a boring "exploration mode" with only filler missions. So yeah, I don't think you're gonna be that impressed with it if what you loved was the adventure and exploration.

If you liked the battles, go for it.

These games have great presentation however they miss and change what actually happens in the manga throughout the entire story. For that reason I will always recommend the manga.

theWB27

I have no idea how to get to the shikamaru dlc. What gives. I know how to play and can't get the naruto/boruto special to activate.

DedValve

Banned
Wonder when DLC pack 2 is coming. They should have done a piece meal, delivering DLC frequently but not in packs as to keep people interested.

Also just read the leaks, so we are going to get the Sound 4 filler tier crap before Sammy and her crew or the Hidden Mist Ninja or the ninja that followed the Tsuchikage & Mizukage?

Booooooooooooo. I really want Sammy. She shares the same back pain as Tsuchikage :D:

I wonder if we are going to get Sage Mode Naruto Hokage. Even if Last Hokage Naruto looks waaaaay better.

chefbags

Just got the game right now. Anyone know a place where I can buy the preorder dlc? Or do you think it would work asking gamestop if they have any?

Memory

Just got the game right now. Anyone know a place where I can buy the preorder dlc? Or do you think it would work asking gamestop if they have any?

Try eBay, don't pay anything ridiculous though as the pre-order dlc will be on sale at some point, maybe after the 3rd dlc pack drops next month.

If I have no experience with Naruto, and don't have interest in the manga/anime, and am not big on fighting games...am I likely to enjoy this at all? I still have it borrowed from the library.

If I have no experience with Naruto, and don't have interest in the manga/anime, and am not big on fighting games...am I likely to enjoy this at all? I still have it borrowed from the library.

Why did you even borrow it lol. It's a good fighting game , but due to the huge amount of characters I'd say you need to have at least some basic knowledge of them for it to be fun. I mean I've played it with people who don't know anything about Naruto but I did so I helped them choose.

Why did you even borrow it lol. It's a good fighting game , but due to the huge amount of characters I'd say you need to have at least some basic knowledge of them for it to be fun. I mean I've played it with people who don't know anything about Naruto but I did so I helped them choose.

Something to play. Then I got inundated with work and haven't had a chance to play it. Now, I'm wondering if I should bother because of my backlog and its subject matter.

I don't hate fighting games, but I do bore of them kind of quickly. I thought there was more to this one than just fighting, like an action mode, or something?

The story mode is entertaining.

You will have no idea what's going on for the most part but it's still a spectacle.

Something to play. Then I got inundated with work and haven't had a chance to play it. Now, I'm wondering if I should bother because of my backlog and its subject matter.

I don't hate fighting games, but I do bore of them kind of quickly. I thought there was more to this one than just fighting, like an action mode, or something?

Not in this one, there's a open world mode, but it's got a story and boils down to running around and fighting older story events & fights using any character you want.

Sorry for the double post, is there a list of UNS4 exclusive secret techniques & how do I use the dlc techniques?

EDIT- Nm,was some license issue or something, it showed up.

Finally actually started seriously playing, but I can't get S rank on the first battle [ Ninja History 1 ] for beans. Is Health at like 90% or something for it?! Even at 81% its still only an A.

SoulUnison

Banned
Finally actually started seriously playing, but I can't get S rank on the first battle [ Ninja History 1 ] for beans. Is Health at like 90% or something for it?! Even at 81% its still only an A.

The "remaining HP" grade is *super* strict, yeah.
I think anything under 90% disqualifies you from an S - and it might even be stricter than that!

SoulUnison

Banned
Guess the community died before the final DLC was out.
I figured there'd be a big uptick in activity for the Suund 4 DLC, seeing as it's characters the fanbase has begged to have be fully playable for the last 5 games in the series.

Jirobo's a pretty standard aggressive melee character with a cut-scene dash-grab jutsu that changes to Sphere of Graves in Awakening.
Kidomaru's a ranged character with an interesting tilt that lets him Spiderman around the arena and hang from the ceiling/sky for a lengthy amount of time to avoid ground-based attacks. Has a Giant Awakening where he summons a giant spider mount, but it's pretty terrible.
Tayuya's an interesting stance-based ranged character. She has three different summoning she changes up with the item buttons - one melee and two that chase down opponents - but they only act when commanded directly, so any random projectile completely shuts her down. I can't tell if she's a character with a ton of potential or one whose gimmick just doesn't work, though. Pretty awful Awakening, too.
Sakon/Ukon are another generic melee team with Rashomon shield for a jutsu and a tilt that sets an explosive trap, sort of like Roshi's. In Awakening they get a decent pair of Extra Jutsu and the Rashomon changes to a dashing pummel attack.

Sakon/Ukon are/is probably the best of the four.

Slaythe

This wouldn't be dead if they had actually improved the online component instead of making it worse by removing features each new game.

mcz117chief

Hey, guys. So I finally decided to buy the game and I really really like it.

I am not a huge fan by any means, I haven't seen a single episode or read a single page of the manga but I really like the gameplay of Full Burst 3 so I decided to get the 4th game. Graphics are phenomenal, VO is great, gameplay is amazing as always.

Primary reason was because of the gameplay and Kushina since when I found out about her story in 3 I immediately took a liking to her character despite the fact that you can't play her in that game (except for one walking section).

Anyway so I played around a bit and I really like the game so far but what really got me, like, totally blew me away so much that I even shed a tiny tear was when I picked a team of Naruto, Kushina and Minato and this happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeHqHvZ-Vec

Oh my Lord that was so beautiful T_T 10/10 10/10 100/100 best game best game!

Really, even though I have very VERY limited attachment to the series this really got to me. I don't remember the last time that such a small thing moved me so much.

Hey, guys. So I finally decided to buy the game and I really really like it.

I am not a huge fan by any means, I haven't seen a single episode or read a single page of the manga but I really like the gameplay of Full Burst 3 so I decided to get the 4th game. Graphics are phenomenal, VO is great, gameplay is amazing as always.

Primary reason was because of the gameplay and Kushina since when I found out about her story in 3 I immediately took a liking to her character despite the fact that you can't play her in that game (except for one walking section).

Anyway so I played around a bit and I really like the game so far but what really got me, like, totally blew me away so much that I even shed a tiny tear was when I picked a team of Naruto, Kushina and Minato and this happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeHqHvZ-Vec

Oh my Lord that was so beautiful T_T 10/10 10/10 100/100 best game best game!

Really, even though I have very VERY limited attachment to the series this really got to me. I don't remember the last time that such a small thing moved me so much.

Nice to hear. You seem to be a big fan of Laura Bailey. There are some easter eggs, like if you do Kushina's grab move while facing Minato, she does something different.
Overall my thoughts on the game:

+ great art/graphics
+ loved the new gameplay additions
+ very fun battle system with a surprising amount of depth
+ lots of characters/stages

- story mode was a big disappointment
- canon scenes cut, canon changed, pointless filler added etc
- cut content from previous games for no reason
- characters not updated
- no spectator mode online killed it
- DLC was bad for the price.

Slaythe

I agree with you psycho except I'd change/add two things :

The graphics weren't that good and looked far too similar to ps3 games, not even running at 60 FPS.

They left the game broken with no updates to fix characters overpowered and missing online features.

mcz117chief

I agree with you psycho except I'd change/add two things :

The graphics weren't that good and looked far too similar to ps3 games, not even running at 60 FPS.

They left the game broken with no updates to fix characters overpowered and missing online features.

So the game runs at 30 on PS4? It doesn't bother me at all to be honest (of course I would prefer 60fps) since the gameplay is so smooth and responsive.

Regarding balance, as far as I know, most people never considered Naruto games to be e-sports material since the game characters were always unbalanced. I know one person who is super into these games who told me this.

Aside from that I noticed there are a few things missing like the challenges from Storm3 where you could unlock wallpapers for PS3, on the other hand they added a ton of new stuff like the ability to change your ultimate jutsu finish pictures and quotes, which is really nice, and the ability to play with multiple characters.

I can understand that some people could be disappointed because of some features not being in the game but that happens quite often with new instalments for a variety of different reasons.

The game is obviously not perfect but I am satisfied with what they have done. The gameplay is fantastic and even though the graphics aren't a major leap from the PS3 they still are very pretty to look at and I don't think they can change the graphics too much at this point without hurting the theme and feel of playing the manga/anime.

I it sad to hear that the story isn't very good but I just started it yesterday so I can't have an opinion on it, having said that I think the first battle is absolutely amazing.

Character balance was only upset by one character tbh: Sasuke The Last. Its why everyone uses him online lol

Story isn't very good only because it skips a lot of material and changes some stuff for the worse. As a standalone its a great spectacle but with the anime and manga is doesn't stand up. I'd recommend reading the manga (its even coloured now) or watching the canon anime for the best experience of the Naruto story.

mcz117chief

Character balance was only upset by one character tbh: Sasuke The Last. Its why everyone uses him online lol

Story isn't very good only because it skips a lot of material and changes some stuff for the worse. As a standalone its a great spectacle but with the anime and manga is doesn't stand up. I'd recommend reading the manga (its even coloured now) or watching the canon anime for the best experience of the Naruto story.

How do I know which anime is canon and which isn't?

Top Bottom