• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising announced for PSP

Aru

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/977/977995p1.html

US, April 29, 2009 - If your PSP thought that its days of Sexy Jutsu and spiky blonde hair was behind it, tell that machine it shouldn't be thinking at all because it's not supposed to be cognizant. After you explain why a thinking machine scares our Terminator-loving generation, drop the news that Naruto Shippuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising is coming to the portable platform this year.

Namco Bandai announced today that VIZ Media is working on the fighter based on the Naruto Shippuden series, which stars an older, wiser Naruto, and will give players control of 10 ninjas including Akatsuki. Not many specifics were available, but you'll guide these ninjas through the events of the animated series this fall. Naruto and his pals go after the fifth Kazekage, Gaara, and try to keep a demon sealed inside that Kazekage.

For the rest of the article and pictures, check the link.

tba-naruto-shippuden-legends-akatsuki-rising-20090429032829140.jpg

tba-naruto-shippuden-legends-akatsuki-rising-20090429032822547.jpg

It's a new game that's not out in Japan.

Release date: this fall, exclusively for PSP.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder what they're going to call the sequel...

Naruto Shippuden: Legends: Akatuski Rising: The Darkness Within

Looks interesting though. I had a lot of fun with Ultimate Ninja 2 on the PS2, so hopefully it plays like the UN series.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Huh. With this coming out, i wonder what shippudens chances of airing on a us network are..

Aru

Parallax said:
Huh. With this coming out, i wonder what shippudens chances of airing on a us network are..

It's not airing yet ? Damn, it has been airing for almost 8 months in France !
We are on the second arc
(Searching for Sasuke)
, it seems.

Pein

Banned
finally, I've been waiting for a shippuden iteration for awhile

Aru said:
It's not airing yet ? Damn, it has been airing for almost 8 months in France !
We are on the second arc
(Searching for Sasuke)
, it seems.
yeah dude it sucks for us

Parallax said:

I think VIZ said they had already begun recording the episodes with English audio for Shippuden (for they did finish all 220 part 1 episodes)...could all end up on Hulu, since every wednesday they add a new English Dubbed episode on that...and they still have deal with Adult Swim (for they just started back with airing more Bleach episodes).

I guess I will keep an eye out for this game. Better than hoping for an Ultimate Ninja Storm 2!

Whats with like a barrier that devs have crossed in regards to PSP potential. Look at Arctic Edge for example, and this looks amazing aswell. Damn good time to be a PSP owner.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dedication Through Light said:
I think VIZ said they had already begun recording the episodes with English audio for Shippuden (for they did finish all 220 part 1 episodes)...could all end up on Hulu, since every wednesday they add a new English Dubbed episode on that...and they still have deal with Adult Swim (for they just started back with airing more Bleach episodes).
Adult Swim has been airing premiere Bleach episodes continuously since March 2008 now. It's just that the overwhelming majority of those episodes were the Bount arc.

It also doesn't have much to do with Shippuden. It would seem Naruto is all but dead on CN, which also makes it dead on television. It now streams in multiple locations online, including new Shippuden episodes being simulcast online with English subs.

That said, Shippuden's dub is indeed in production. So maybe they'll be able to talk CN into taking it back. Unless they're just trying to prepare for an eventual DVD release.

AS long as it is released on DVD, then it should be good. Though, do they HAVE to show Naruto and Shipuuden on CN? They could break away from tradition.

Is this the first Naruto Shippuden on PSP?

Ten ninjas including the Akatsuki?

I assume it means "Including some of the Akatsuki" because if it is including all of them, then ten kind of sucks.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dedication Through Light said:
AS long as it is released on DVD, then it should be good. Though, do they HAVE to show Naruto and Shipuuden on CN? They could break away from tradition.
they dont have to, but the way cn was talking, naruto was their top rated show next to ben 10, and seeing as how that show has had their cast age a few years, shippuden seems like a no brainer for a back to back action block.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
smurfx said:
btw did funimation air all the filler that made up the ending of part 1? or did they skip that?

Yep, they got through like 90% of it, and fairly quickly at that. I think they're like 8 or so episodes away from being done with part 1. Cartoon Network was showing two episodes a week for around a year, so they blazed through the filler.

Aru

ShockingAlberto said:
Ten ninjas including the Akatsuki?

I assume it means "Including some of the Akatsuki" because if it is including all of them, then ten kind of sucks.

I think the only Akatsuki members that will be in the game (playable too in the bad side mode) are Deidara, Sasori, Kisame and Itachi.

Ephemeris

Andronicus said:
cyber connect 2 might be working on that, didn't they announce they had another ps3 exclusive coming a while back?

I hope. They've [Bandai maybe.] been spending more time releasing monthly DLC for support characters. Just give me a shippuuden version of UN Storm and I'm set. *

Once it has white-snake-power sasuke that is. (lol)

Aru said:
New screenshots.

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000077697/

Looks ugly :/

BTW, the developer seems to be VIZ Media (???) according to Gamekult.

How can VIZ Media develope a game? I think they own the Naruto license/localization/property.

The attacks look flashy, the font looks exactly the same as it did in Ultimate Ninja Storm. I hope the Naruto Uzumaki Barrage is in there and of course Multi Shadow Clone jutsu, and FMV cutscenes.

Top Bottom