• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker announced (PS4, 4v4 multiplayer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Presumably also on PC and Xbox when it comes to the West.

The screenshot in the scan shows Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, and Kakashi in one screenshot, and Itachi and Kizame in the other.

The website will be here: http://naruto-action.bn-ent.net/

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is an ”acrobatic ninja battle" game with an unannounced release date and price. It features four-man multiplayer battles with support for up to eight players online. The official website will be available here.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/04/naruto-u...obi-striker-announced-ps4#tbtD6pvl1gSX5sO8.99

Judging by the visual quality, it's presumably being developed by CyberConnect2, but I don't think that's confirmed.

Atheerios

No Switch version

Edit: to add a little more to my post, I don't think this game will get a Switch release. While past Naruto games got a XOne and PC release in the west that made a lot of sense considering those platforms are more predominant here than in Japan, so a PS4 only release in that country was a good move. However, this time there's also Switch, and I don't see they releasing a Switch version only in the west but not in Japan, where Switch is also popular.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Doesnt sound too bad - lets wait for some gameplay footage.

bethore

The latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy and Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker for PlayStation 4.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy, due out on July 27 in Japan for 6,800 yen, includes Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, as well as the downloadable content.

Okay, cool. I was wondering if they were ever going to do a HD collection of the Ultimate Ninja Storm games for the PS4. Shinobi Striker sounds like it might be a Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution type of deal.

Rymuth

So it turned out to be 4-on-4 multiplayer after all. I think this has some serious potential. It's the logical step-up from Ultimate Ninja Storm (which will likely continue) as you can only sell on the promise of flashier attacks for so long.

Raxious

in one of the pictures where we see Naruto, Itachi, Sasuke and Kisame, the Naruto looks really weird compared to the UNS graphics. New engine?

Sesha

What a title. Sounds like a mobile or pachinko game. Is CC2 developing Shinobi Striker? And that Storm Trilogy announcement was expected. Too bad they crammed important story stuff into Generations. The story might have actually been complete on PS4.

And it's Kisame you filthy gaijin! :C

notaskwid

No Switch version

Edit: to add a little more to my post, I don't think this game will get a Switch release. While past Naruto games got a XOne and PC release in the west that made a lot of sense considering those platforms are more predominant here than in Japan, so a PS4 only release in that country was a good move. However, this time there's also Switch, and I don't see they releasing a Switch version only in the west but not in Japan, where Switch is also popular.

Wait for e3 ;)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What a title. Sounds like a mobile or pachinko game. Is CC2 developing Shinobi Striker? And that Storm Trilogy announcement was expected. Too bad they crammed important story stuff into Generations. The story might have actually been complete on PS4.

And it's Kisame you filthy gaijin! :C

The graphics are way too good to not be CyberConnect2.

Lowkey wish they just remade Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 with a story mode more akin to the sequels and upgrade all the support only characters into playable characters.

I mean I'm in if Shinobi Striker includes Kurenai as a playable character in this game. She's paid absolute DUST compared to the other Konoha 11 jonin teachers.

Does it say who the developer for SS is?

Qvoth

Multiplayer naruto game actually does sound pretty cool
Balancing is going to be a nightmare I feel

Sesha

The graphics are way too good to not be CyberConnect2.

Naruto games are no strangers to ridiculous bullshots, so I didn't take that into account. But I guess it's CC2. Who else, right? They have the history and the assets for it, and the 4 player thing is reminiscent of JoJo: Eyes of Heaven. I'm guessing, as the title suggests, that SS is a transitional in-between-y sort of title like Generations and Revolution while they work on the inevitable Boruto game. The 4 player stuff, beyond being the main selling point of this game, might be a test bed for new gameplay features in that game.

Asd202

Every game announcement is followed by "no switch version"? It's annoying as fuck. I think we should add no switch version in all caps for thread titles of games that are not coming to Switch or at least not announced for it.

Sesha

Lowkey wish they just remade Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 with a story mode more akin to the sequels and upgrade all the support only characters into playable characters.

I mean I'm in if Shinobi Striker includes Kurenai as a playable character in this game. She's paid absolute DUST compared to the other Konoha 11 jonin.

Does it say who the developer for SS is?

NUNS1 remake with a proper Zabuza arc, and Kurenai, Shizune, Anko, Sound 4, Dosu and Konohamaru playable would be pretty good. But who am I kidding? This is CC2 we're talking about. We'd get Kurenai and Sound 4 at best.

4 v 4? Sounds nuts but, like crazy fun nuts.
No Switch version

Even with your edit, stop.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Assume every game from now on is not coming to the switch.

If sales keep on going as well as they are currently (specifically in Japan, given this is a Namco game we're speaking of), things will certainly be different in the future. As I said elsewhere, Switch's support status should be judged in early 2018, not now and now after E3, due to the console having released just in March + Japanese publishers' typical slowness in adapting to new platforms. The best thing to hope for now is that sales keep on trending like they are right now, sincerly.

More IT: interesting to see they're changing the formula with this game, going from classic fighters layout (1 v.s. 1) to 4v4, up to 8 players online.

Alienous

I had to read the OP four times to dispel the idea that it was a Naruto soccer game.

Now I'm kind of disappointed.

Nudull

Banned
I'd be surprised if CC2 returns. Kinda imagined they'd be done with Naruto after how finale-ish Ninja Storm 4 was.

Oh shit, is it like those on PS2 ala super smash bros? Can't tell you how many hours I've put on those with friends. Always thought it was disappointing they never ended up on PS3/PS4 since they were by far the better games of the franchise.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Those kinda moves plus the ability to be able to switch and move to the background of stages whenever you wanted was dope as hell. And like in SSB games you had other stages with platforms to jump on and items that would drop down.

The Ultimate moves were crazy too:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You get the gist..

I can't wait. Please be good

No Switch version

I'm sorry I laughed

If sales keep on going as well as they are currently (specifically in Japan, given this is a Namco game we're speaking of), things will certainly be different in the future. As I said elsewhere, Switch's support status should be judged in early 2018, not now and now after E3, due to the console having released just in March + Japanese publishers' typical slowness in adapting to new platforms. The best thing to hope for now is that sales keep on trending like they are right now, sincerly.

More IT: interesting to see they're changing the formula with this game, going from classic fighters layout (1 v.s. 1) to 4v4, up to 8 players online.

It's just not realistic.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I can't wait. Please be good

I'm sorry I laughed

It's just not realistic.

What's not realistic? Switch's support to improve? Sales to keep staying positive? To wait some months before going with flat out, decisive sentences? No intention to mock at you, sincere question.

I'd be surprised if CC2 returns. Kinda imagined they'd be done with Naruto after how finale-ish Ninja Storm 4 was.

It is CC2. They are massive fans of the manga and Naruto makes more money than anything but DBZ.

Of course the manga is over but this will be less of a story oriented game.

Aru

Eh, Naruto was never about 4 vs 4 battles, but I guess after so many UNS games, it's nice to have some change.
Boruto anime is just starting and the manga just barely finished the Chuunin exam arc (from the movie), so I'm not expecting a lot of Boruto content here.

eizarus

Banned
Haven't played a Naruto game in a while but I'm interested (especially since DBZ fighting games have been shit for a while). Not a fan of the title though. Naruto to Boruto.... wow.

ramparter

Banned
No Switch version

Yeah Switch west only makes no sense. Either will be in Japan also or nowhere at all.

Calviscerate

Neo Member
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy, due out on July 27 in Japan for 6,800 yen, includes Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, as well as the downloadable content.

Aww yes! Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy on PS4 is massive news to me.

DJwest

No Switch version
Lmao.

This type of post is getting rather exhausting. E3 is going to be a nightmare for some of you.
Nintendo fans will never learn.

Assume every game from now on is not coming to the switch.
Good advice.

Oh shit, is it like those on PS2 ala super smash bros? Can't tell you how many hours I've put on those with friends. Always thought it was disappointing they never ended up on PS3/PS4 since they were by far the better games of the franchise.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Those kinda moves plus the ability to be able to switch and move to the background of stages whenever you wanted was dope as hell. And like in SSB games you had other stages with platforms to jump on and items that would drop down.

The Ultimate moves were crazy too:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You get the gist..
This game was freaking amazing. More than the Ultimate games we're getting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom