• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natalie Portman "open" to returning to Thor franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenist

No thanks. How about someone actually interesting who didn't get outshone by two different actresses with much less screentime?

Would be a waste to bring her back. She has no enthusiasm when she plays the role and she's not a big draw for marvel to get back so hopefully we move to Jane having a new actress.

Just give her an interesting role to play at least. I can't even remember what she did in The Dark World. Can't blame her for not giving it her all when offered such limited material.

Nester99

nope.gif

Ambient80

Since Thor is most likely dying in Infinity War films, I have nothing against her showing up for a bit.
Almost every day I hear someone say something like this about a major character in the MCU. At this point one would expect the entire MCU cast to die in Infinity War.

theWB27

Her performance in 2hor set a new low bar for the genre

No thanks, Nat.

Anyway, isn't Thor done after Avengers: Thanos Brawl?

Where's this mythical acting performance that made her efforts stand out?

Mystique.... Does the latest outing not count?

Meowster

There's not much she can do with the role unless they give her something to do. I liked her in them okay but her talents were pretty wasted. Hope they give her something better if she comes back.

Phased

Honestly Thor 2 wasn't the first movie I've seen her phone in a performance. She was a standout in the prequels for how horrible she was. I can't watch that balcony scene in Revenge without cringing. How many times does the director and/or script get blamed when it's obvious she's just there to collect a paycheck.

I'm not saying she brought those movies down. They had their own issues. She can be a great actress if she gives a damn about the role but she seems totally incapable of faking it.

Honestly Thor 2 wasn't the first movie I've seen her phone in a performance. She was a standout in the prequels for how horrible she was. I can't watch that balcony scene in Revenge without cringing. How many times does the director and/or script get blamed when it's obvious she's just there to collect a paycheck.

Ewan Mcgregor was literally the only person in those 3 movies who could do anything and it was still trying its damnedest to make him fail with the writing.
Freaking Liam Neesons was awful in it besides being kind of cool for some reason.

they can cast whoever they want those films were still gonna be shit, everybody except hiddleston and hemsworth phoned those movies in and they weren't even much good. i don't like it when people throw her talent (or cotillard) under the bus over a superhero movie tbh. that's lame.

maybe the new director can make a decent thor movie though because his other movies were so good.

Kimaka

I wouldn't mind it as long as they gave Jane something interesting to do. The problem wasn't Portman, but that her character was a nonentity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom