• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nathan's Famous 2017 Hot Dog Eating Contest |OT| The American Dream

Wag

73ead24775fa524fb0dbd015ce5cb0de.jpg

Wait so espn doesn't even broadcast the women's contest on any of its like 8 tv channels and relegates it to their app? What better thing do they have to pay attention to at 11am in a holiday than that? I would watch it!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
All I can ever think about is the bodily discomfort that must surely follow. And I'm not a crude humor kind of guy, so I don't even get to laugh. I just wince.

Nathan's is the first frank I ever ate though! I was like three years old and it was a Nathan's restaurant in Co-Op City.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Phil Kessel still holds the unofficial world record at 352 dogs

Bah, I slept through it all. Probably shouldn't bother with the replay since I already know Joey Cena won, but whatever.
Even less reason now since it's on Youtube.

What is kobayashi beef with MLE?

You have to be exclusive to MLE (or at least did at the time), which is absolutely stupid since they pay nothing, especially compared to the eating "circuits" in Japan.

Stonie probably makes more from YouTube than the top 3 "athletes" do from MLE.

Deku Tree

Mariolee

I watched this for the first time with my dad and was a little disgusted but incredibly impressed. Dude looks so sick afterwards my goodness.

The winner receives the infamous Nathan's Famous mustard-yellow belt and the title of world hot dog eating champion of 2017.

Also $10,000.
That's a pathetic prize. Like others have said professional eaters earn more vía YouTube! And take into consideration this is was the MLE Super Bowl of the year. It all goes downhill from here until July 4th 2018.

That's a pathetic prize. Like others have said professional eaters earn more vía YouTube! And take into consideration this is was the MLE Super Bowl of the year. It all goes downhill from here until July 4th 2018.

Seriously. For the landmark event it's really nothing. Chestnut apparently made about $200,000 in 2010 from consistently dominating competitions. Unless you're the cream of the crop for this sport like Chestnut and Stony, it's not feasible to turn this into something more than a weird hobby that you brag to your friends about.

Top Bottom