• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog “surprised no one has found the secrets we’ve dropped around the internet

arkon

Hm... Somehow this doesn't make sense to me. When I say "Someone has yet to do the dishes" it means that this task is still not done, right? When I now say "no one has yet to the dishes" - it means the same? :eek:

You're right. The original sentence is worded poorly. No one has yet to do the dishes would mean the dishes have been done. Double negatives.

Find a way to compel people to search and they will.

Right now, the breadcrumb is so thin, no one realises they should be looking.

Found something unrelated to this probably but quite interesting. This post says that there is a gaming event called Game Connection which is in San Francisco and the building it's being held in is none other than the "Sir Francis Drake Hotel"......hmmmm interesting may just be a coincidence......BUT then someone found out that naughty Dog will actually be there as an attendee. Hmmm......maybe not so much a coincidence anymore than it could actually be a "thing". Now, I know many of you think it's Doom or Batman, but when OPM or whatever the magazine is called, said a franchise was FINALLY coming to PS4 maybe it could be Uncharted. It would make sense with this event because the magazine is supposedley coming out on March 17th and the even goes from the 17th-19th of March. Could just be speculation but it could also be a piece in something more.

Links here:

http://still-stream-2287.herokuapp....-PS4-full-reveal-on-March-17-19/td-p/42735333

http://www.game-connection.com/gameconn/

http://ltm.game-connection.com/uplo...CEurope_2013/GC_Europe_2013_Attendee_list.pdf

Hypeee. So hopefully some reveals soon!

Update:

uncharted-4-610x400olr9z.jpg

2014-03-0318_43_36-godnrkp.png

This phrase means "Today you'll be with me in Heaven", which is what Jesus said to the "good thief" when he was being crucified.

Obviously this means that Francis Drake, being a good Christian, is in Heaven, despite being a thief (and many other things...).

Obviously.

Chake

Banned
I hate it when creators talk about their secrets. "Hey guys! Did you notice this?! 2deep4u, right?!"

Ugh.

besada

Banned
What if you threw an ARG and nobody cared?

I wonder if there's some Ur-ARG out there, floating lonely in cached pages of the internet, desperately waiting for someone to figure out the tricky clues and secrets of something that happened years ago.

My guess is that the game will be about finding the Garden of Eden. Its like the ultimate lost city/place besides Atlantis. Plus the quote in the trailer is from Jesus so there is a connection there.

Nope, Uncharted 3 specifically had some awesome puzzles.

I think my favorite is the one that plays with shadow.

Agreed, Uncharted 3 had the best puzzles in the series by far. They weren't too complex to slow down the pace, but they did require some thought. And the shadow puzzle was just awesome looking. Unfortunately I think that was the last puzzle in the game though and it came around the half way point if I remember correctly.

jediyoshi

I hate it when creators talk about their secrets. "Hey guys! Did you notice this?! 2deep4u, right?!"

I think the distinction is that people in this case ostensibly haven't found the thing. There's a million things you could append 2deep4u to, especially if it's narratively based.

LastNac

Even with your devotion to the series, you can't be serious with this?

There are none that require any consideration whatsoever.
Depends on what you consider a "good" puzzle. Are they simple, sure, but that doesn't mean they still aren't good puzzles in their own right. I'm not looking to break a controller bit I thoroughly enjoyed the shadow and map puzzle in Uncharted 3, even if they weren't head-scratchingly difficult. The series uses its puzzles as a way to add variety to the gameplay, that is perfectly fine.

LastNac

Agreed, Uncharted 3 had the best puzzles in the series by far. They weren't too complex to slow down the pace, but they did require some thought. And the shadow puzzle was just awesome looking. Unfortunately I think that was the last puzzle in the game though and it came around the half way point if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I wished their were a few more puzzles spaced throughout.

Another point about puzzles in Uncharted games: if they were too complex and slow paced they would absolutely KILL replayability of the games (which I think are fantastically replay-able). 2nd time around the puzzles are the weakest points of the game, so it's good they made them nice and quick, just adding some variety to the pacing.

StuBurns

Banned
Depends on what you consider a "good" puzzle. Are they simple, sure, but that doesn't mean they still aren't good puzzles in their own right. I'm not looking to break a controller bit I thoroughly enjoyed the shadow and map puzzle in Uncharted 3, even if they weren't head-scratchingly difficult. The series uses its puzzles as a way to add variety to the gameplay, that is perfectly fine.
My criteria for a good puzzle is that it's puzzling, as opposed to walking in a room, immediately knowing the solution, and having to spend time completing it. For example, the worst Uncharted puzzle so far is the cogs puzzle from 3, it takes literally no perceivable time to know what to do, and takes minutes to complete.

If there was an Uncharted 4 MP beta as rich as the U3 beta included in the Order 1886, I would buy the shit out of it and I have zero interest in the Order.

Shin-Ra

They should add in puzzle difficulty modes like Silent Hill.

• START GAME
    • ACTION Difficulty
      • Casual (easy with the super-aim-assist)
      • Easy
      • Normal
      • Hard
      • Crushing (beat hard to unlock)
    • PUZZLE Difficulty
      • Easy
      • Normal
      • Hard
      • Skip (beat hard to unlock)

My criteria for a good puzzle is that it's puzzling, as opposed to walking in a room, immediately knowing the solution, and having to spend time completing it. For example, the worst Uncharted puzzle so far is the cogs puzzle from 3, it takes literally no perceivable time to know what to do, and takes minutes to complete.

I think if you are looking at some of them like traditional puzzles you'll be disappointed, but I like that they just force you to think and interact with the game in a slightly different way (even if it is really really easy). They offer nice calm moments and usually have gorgeous visuals. Also there were a few in Uncharted 3 that did require some thinking like the one where you have to look at the floor panels from a certain angle and then match them up with the tiles, the walking across the tiles in the right order, and the shadow puzzle. Again, not terribly hard, but they aren't meant to. They're offer just enough thought that it feels like you are using a different part of your brain than "run around and shoot things". But if you really like challenging puzzles I can see why you'd be disappointed.

ShowDog

C'mon guys only 5 pages? Work yourselves into a frenzy and do some fucking marketing! These secrets won't uncover themselves.

Top Bottom