• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog artists The-Last-Of-Us-ified a bunch of locations. Amazing.

Cygnus

Banned
Fixed :p

pinkjokzf.jpg

Not played TLoU so I'll ask here. Why is there quite so much destruction? Was there a war/wars when the infection started? Buildings don't just collapse after 20/30 yrs of neglect. Some may sure, but really I don't think it'd be quite that bad unless some conflict has occurred.

Not played TLoU so I'll ask here. Why is there quite so much destruction? Was there a war/wars when the infection started? Buildings don't just collapse after 20/30 yrs of neglect. Some may sure, but really I don't think it'd be quite that bad unless some conflict has occurred.

Conflict with crazy zombies that try to eat you? People have done destruction this scale for far less.

I like the Europeans setting, TLOU in Europe with native languages would be awesome.

Also Dutch zombies are scary, because they are bigger!

daveo42

Banned
Seriously fantastic stuff in these. I wonder if these are concepts they are tossing around as well while considering ideas for a 2nd game.

The only thing that bugged me when TLoU was announced was it was yet another game set in an American city. Yeah, ND is an American company and the main audience is in the US but Uncharted is set in locations all over the world and it would have been refreshing to try a different location. One of the reasons I loved Resistance: Fall of Man was it was set in London and think Insomniac made a mistake not having the finale in Russia. If ND do make a TLoU2 hope they set it in Europe or Japan.

Marvel

could never
That looks so impressive, would love to explore these areas in some DLC for TLOU or even in a potential sequel.

Cheeky

Why is the post apocalyptic world so full of clouds and lacks natural lighting?

The pictures are nice, but i would like to see something like that without exaggerated clouds/lighting to make it look so gloomy.

Nah, Gunkanjima doesn't have nearly that lush of vegetation. This is Keelung (not Keelung City) in Taiwan.

When I worked as a photographer in Japan, one of the things I'd shoot a lot of was haikyo, or 'ruins'. Lots of abandoned structures of the creepiest magnitude; think shrines, elementary schools, hospitals, love hotels, etc...

Anyways Keelung was one of those places, like Pripyat or Gunkanjima (it was still closed when I lived in JPN), that a number of people that shot this stuff knew about but never quite made the trip to cover. If there's any TaiwanGAF here, you should definitely check it out!

Is there any place we can see some of the pics you took online?

Ploid 3.0

In the opening scene you get hints of people (armies) trying to bomb everything to contain the infection. Looting probably did most of the damage: food, clothes, weapon searching, medicine, shelter. A city of thousands could be torn apart pretty fast when no one clean up.

Carl

Areas around quarantine zones were bombed to oblivion to try and contain the infection

Josh7289

I love love love the small touches like the satellite on top of Buckingham Palace, like it's become some kind of communications headquarters, and the fact that they're still running the power plant, but with dirtier coal or something because that's all they can manage in civilization's reduced capacity. Really fascinating. They're good.

Rocket786

The people asking why buildings appear to be falling apart, the sky appears to be dark, etc... should watch National Geographic's "Aftermath: Population Zero" or History Channel's "Life After People."

They both seem to be an educated speculation by scientists in different industries mentioning what would happen without humans.

Nuclear plants releasing radioactive clouds to concrete decaying due to rain and stress without maintenance are some of the reasons for the dark sky and decayed buildings.

AFTERMATH: Population Zero

Gekidami

Banned
I'ld love TLoU 2 in Europe though. I never really considered it before seeing these shots, but damn, so many possibilities.
Could be a thing of beauty.

A group of survivors have to cross a dangerous, devastated Europe to the continent's biggest safe zone: Moscow, Russia.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
TLOU2 in Europe, with an Indian man as the main protag. I would die.

Wow man makes me wish we had an open world The Last of Us, with all these beautifully wrecked locations.

woof, no thanks. plenty of devs do open world, let ND work their beautiful linear magic.

Top Bottom