• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Confirms No New Info On Factions At TLOU Day

Poltz

And if that was the focus of this event, I wouldn't have posted at all. Yet, the focus is: ".. stream tomorrow at 9am PT featuring announcements focused on art, merch, and more...". "The Last of Us Day" has been a merch dump for a while now.
We're celebrating with a #TLOUDay stream tomorrow at 9am PT featuring announcements focused on art, merch, and more. While we're honoring the series' 10-year legacy, we will not be discussing any future game or TV show projects.

You are reading what you want to read.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Its been 3 years.

What the FUCK are they doing except posting how much they love their own tv show

ZehDon

Gold Member
... You are reading what you want to read.
Not at all. I'm looking at the history of "The Last of Us Day" and believe they'll just continue their traditions. If you're expecting anything more you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Abby working as PR to deal with the hopes of fans everywhere:

squeeze-watermelon-people-are-awesome.gif

Maybe it's time to let this project go.
bill-clinton-president.gif

EruditeHobo

Yeah... an anniversary for a beloved release might not line up with any of their in-progress projects.
I'll go ahead and alert the media for this shocking, completely unexpected development.

Pelta88

I wish ND moved on from last of us

They just captured and held hostage an entirely new lucrative audience. Business wise, perhaps build a new team, to explore new ip... But move on from one of the most lucrative, first party ip in gaming?

I hope not.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
ND fell off a Cliff IMO.

Sonys best studio at this point by far and large is Insomniac. Multiple AAA titles that push the hardware that sell gang busters and release in short time frames. Plus they don’t crunch right ? They are worth 10 bungies at this point.

phant0m

Can ND make like a new Jak & Daxter or something?

Insomniac proved there’s still a market for those PS2-era collectathon platformers with both recent Ratchet games. The Spyro trilogy did pretty well too AFAIK.

phant0m

Either this game is getting cancelled or Bungie is corrupting it with its GAAS poison. I think people should really lower their expectations for the game.

Oh if it ever sees the light of day it’s going to be 1000% all GaaS’d up with no place to go

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
how is that productive? its a lot of redudant shit its what it is.

Are they worse than Bend Studio, or Sucker Punch? How about anything from the PS5's launch line-up which was a mere 5 months after TLOU2s release on PS4?

No, they aren't, and here's why:

Everyone has been through a hardware generation transition, plus 2 years worth of Pandemic measures with all the disruption and backlogging that entails. Its not just a matter that its cost them time, its cost every team and studio time resulting in not only releases getting delayed, but announcements of releases getting delayed because publishers and platform holders need to even-out the cadence of launch timings and announcements.

It's really quite remarkable. They came up with a simple and amazingly fun multiplayer game. The gameplay is near perfect, and all they needed to do is create some more multiplayer maps. But apparently that's just too hard.
No, it's not too hard to make more maps or guns or skills. It's too hard to turn such a game into a live service game that will generate years of revenue.

YukiOnna

They just captured and held hostage an entirely new lucrative audience. Business wise, perhaps build a new team, to explore new ip... But move on from one of the most lucrative, first party ip in gaming?

I hope not.
What does "most lucrative first party ip in gaming" have to do with someone disliking or being tired of TLOU though? It's just personal opinion of a customer, not an investor.

Salz01

I’m thinking Ted Price over at Insomniac, needs to show Druckman over at Naughty Dog a thing or two on how to run a successful studio that produces results post COVID.
3 going on 4 years and ND just rehashed a remaster and did a HBO show. GTFO

I still play Factions several times a week though …blows my mind they still haven’t patched out cheaters that shoot through walls…

fart town usa

Gold Member
Are they worse than Bend Studio, or Sucker Punch? How about anything from the PS5's launch line-up which was a mere 5 months after TLOU2s release on PS4?

No, they aren't, and here's why:

Everyone has been through a hardware generation transition, plus 2 years worth of Pandemic measures with all the disruption and backlogging that entails. Its not just a matter that its cost them time, its cost every team and studio time resulting in not only releases getting delayed, but announcements of releases getting delayed because publishers and platform holders need to even-out the cadence of launch timings and announcements.
How does Capcom do it though? Maybe bigger teams, I dunno. All Sony 1st party studios are slow as balls though, insomniac kind of being the exception.

Justin9mm

Jesus Christ couldn't even do anything different from the '10' year anniversary especially considering there is a Factions 2 coming etc. When? Who the fuck knows! It's becoming a slap in the face to gamers about how ridiculously stupid TLOU day is, who gives a fuck ND!!

Brigandier

They were an incredible studio during the PS3 era but honestly their output since has been UC4 and TLOU2 which I thought was a bloated drag and was extremely over rated.

These guys can't get a game out anymore it's serious mismanagement and if I was Jim Ryan I would come down hard on them as they are taking the piss.

From Naughty God's to Ninja Dogs, I no longer give a fuck about this studio.

Fishels

If we’re going to be waiting 5 years for a TLOU game, it better be TLOU3 and not “Factions”
Meh TLOU2 had incredible gameplay if you put that in multiplayer I’d get hundreds-thousands of hours in it.

TLOU3 will come but it’s time for us multiplayer guys to eat. New IP should be the next single player game anyway. I say should as in preferably

Puscifer

They should just cancel it.

They really should, i'd argue even the original factions was a fluke that just "worked"

I'm sorry, I was looking forward to it but "it grew into a bigger scope than we imagined" was every warning sign it wasn't going to come out. In this day and age projects that get bigger is never a good thing when you consider the manpower and time it takes to create games.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Does Sony announce new first party games outside of games showcases anymore?

ND fell off a Cliff IMO.

Sonys best studio at this point by far and large is Insomniac. Multiple AAA titles that push the hardware that sell gang busters and release in short time frames. Plus they don’t crunch right ? They are worth 10 bungies at this point.
Insomniac always was Sony's best studio, even when Sony didn't own them.

solidus12

They were my favorite developers. It’s sad, but the silver lining is that other Sony studios have reached greatness.

I just wish ND would focus on making games instead of identity politics.

orimagdos

Banned
It has been 10 years since its reveal what is naughty dog doing? Someone should step up and shut them down, its been ages since they released anything.

Top Bottom