• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Exmployee: "Palworld Was Made Nefariously"

Draugoth

Gold Member
Amid this success, the game has sparked debates about plagiarism and the use of AI-generated content, with a developer from Naughty Dog claiming that Palworld was created nefariously.
  • Palworld’s ability to break so many records has made it the subject of controversy.
  • Many believe the game’s foundations have been built on plagiarism.
  • A developer from Naughty Dog also chimed in, claiming that the developers are cheating.

GEdE0JmWwAEMY5L

Source

Last edited:

Sacred

Amid this success, the game has sparked debates about plagiarism and the use of AI-generated content, with a developer from Naughty Dog claiming that Palworld was created nefariously.
  • Palworld’s ability to break so many records has made it the subject of controversy.
  • Many believe the game’s foundations have been built on plagiarism.
  • A developer from Naughty Dog also chimed in, claiming that the developers are cheating.

GEdE0JmWwAEMY5L

They're cheating guys trust me, I don't have proof I just know it. Shut the fuck up Del.

I don’t get it, it’s just a pokemon clone with some mincrafting thrown in. oh and there’s guns.

Not quite sure why Playstation hasn’t forced Guerrilla Games to make their own Pokemon clone. Some type of pointless integrity I guess.

I love the fact that Naughty Dog employees know they spend 200+ million on their games and Palworld is running circles around them.

They're nervous, jealous, and salty.

How is a game that has sold less copies, at a fraction of the sale price, running circles around Naughty Dog?

Their tweets do seem salty, but let's not trade one inaccurate salty comment for another.

Pop

Guy has a Palestinian flag in his handle. Tells you all you need to know about him and how much regard shuold be given to whatever bullshit he says.
Oh yikes

Both those devs come off as jealous and salty. While western game companies spend 100+ million on story games, Pocketpair did it for 7 million 👌

geary

Leonardo Di Caprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

I know that reference…Isnt that WoW Blackwing Lair end boss Pokemon?

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

How is a game that has sold less copies, at a fraction of the sale price, running circles around Naughty Dog?

Their tweets do seem salty, but let's not trade one inaccurate salty comment for another.
They already sold 8 million copies in just 6 days. The development was much cheaper, and they didn't spend nearly as much as ND to market it. They probably profited more than most, if not every, ND games (individually) already.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Because a game built at 1/100th of their budget reached 8 million units sold well before any Uncharted or Last of Us game?

Naughty Dog employees don't like the feeling they're operating in a slow, expensive, antique tank when modern weapons are zipping around outside being significantly more effective.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

TLOU2 sold 4 mil the weekend it released. Palworld sold 5 mil. TLOU2 sold for $60 and Palworld for $27.

One game had a budget of 200M+ and a huge marketing push, and one had a 7M budget and no marketing at all.

What do you think was a more profitable venture?

AALLx

Sarcasm is dead on the internet, cause y'all are too stupid to see/read it.

I thought only redditors in r/Palworld are the idiots, and then you post it on GAF and the replies are the same too.

Del Walker wasn't being sarcastic.

Wait, what? He was being genuine with the way he said it? That was line-by-line sarcasm, because the only other explanation is that the person who wrote it is stupid and lacks self-awareness, and the way it's written could only have been sarcasm, unless he's really, really that stupid.

Last edited:
They already sold 8 million copies in just 6 days. The development was much cheaper, and they didn't spend nearly as much as ND to market it. They probably profited more than most ND games (individually, ofc) already.

TLOU2 sold 4 mil the weekend it released. Palworld sold 5 mil. TLOU2 sold for $60 and Palworld for $27.

One game had a budget of 200M+ and a huge marketing push, and one had a 7M budget and no marketing at all.

What do you think was a more profitable venture?

They already sold 8 million copies in just 6 days. The development was much cheaper, and they didn't spend nearly as much as ND to market it. They probably profited more than most ND games already.

8 million in 6 days at a fraction of the cost.

TLOU series has likely sold over 40 million by now (37 million with data over a year old). It has gone on to win GOTY awards and receive significant industry accolades and recognition.

"Running circles" around ND isn't accurate. Highly profitable for now? Yes, no doubting that. Hasn't come close to scratching ND's ballsack in terms of lifetime profitability, revenue, or recognition or whatever other metric you wish to use. Let's see if this fad sticks like fortnite or gets quickly forgotten about.

Last edited:
Because a game built at 1/100th of their budget reached 8 million units sold well before any Uncharted or Last of Us game?

Naughty Dog employees don't like the feeling they're operating in a slow, expensive, antique tank when modern weapons are zipping around outside being significantly more effective.
but palworld gained so much traction because pokémon, otherwise those sales would have been impossible.
If naughty dog creates a cheap mp game we don't know if it will be succesful.

Top Bottom