• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

theapg

Embiid: 21-14 in 26 minutes
Porzingis: 7-3 in 27 minutes

I think TJ McConnell might be legit. 4-1 as a starter and always seems to end up with like a 8-7-6 stat line. He's super clutch too.

gutshot

Joel Embiid has scored 20 points in seven straight games despite playing fewer than 30 minutes in all of them. That is the longest streak of its kind since the NBA began recording minutes played in 1951-52 (via Elias Sports Bureau).

The Process, ladies and gentlemen.

PR_rambo

Banned

ezgif.com-f2ed05e5ce.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
TJAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

GET REKT MELO, GET REKT D ROSE, GET REKT PORZINGIS

GET THE HELL OUT OF PHILLY, KNICK FANS!!!

Lmao I mean congrats on the win, but your 11th win against a bottom tier Knicks team doesn't warrant this reaction.

Gerald green just got murdered

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's really stepped it up since he came in to start. He's definitely proving that he's an NBA caliber player. He still needs to cut down on the turnovers though.

This is awesome.

NBA caliber? He's proving to be MVP caliber within the next few years. The team is dramatically different with him on the floor. I don't think anybody ever questioned his talent, but will his body hold up? Hopefully, he's fun to watch.

NBA caliber? He's proving to be MVP caliber within the next few years. The team is dramatically different with him on the floor. I don't think anybody ever questioned his talent, but will his body hold up? Hopefully, he's fun to watch.

I was talking about McConnell lol but you're right Embiid is a total game changer. He's the kind of player we've been waiting for. I can't wait to see what it's like with both him and Simmons on the floor.

Mortemis

Banned

I think you're talking about Embiid, and manzoman is talking about TJ McConnell.
Edit: nvm, beaten

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was talking about McConnell lol but you're right Embiid is a total game changer. He's the kind of player we've been waiting for. I can't wait to see what it's like with both him and Simmons on the floor.

Whoops lol didnt read that right. Embiid looks to be a future top 5 maybe even top player. Unbelievable length and everything he does is effortless. If he wasn't injury prone I'd take him over probably any young guy in the league.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
How about them 3 buckets Derozan scored on IT last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0xe4urIqSU

IT only dropped 38 tonight..

Isaiah is a net positive, but his shortcomings are very apparent. Sure he went off tonight I never said he couldn't, guy can straight up score. That being said even tonight he made some crucial mistakes that lead to a quick lead by 1 for the wiz about halfway through the 4th, where he forced up 2 I'll advised layups came crashing down and lead to 2 wide open transition 3s. When he's hot it's great, but if hes not he ultimately hurts the team down the stretch. This year he's been exceptionally hot in the 4th. Last game he was picked on by demar, forced up shots and was blocked, what, 4 times in the 4th? Leading to easy transition baskets. It's not all on him, our big are soft as shit. That being said I'll start believing when these numbers translate to beating real teams at least once in a while. The best team we've beat is likely grizzlies twice who were banged up both times, and maybe the jazz who are basically the celtics in terms of ceiling.

Tom Penny

Isaiah is a net positive, but his shortcomings are very apparent. Sure he went off tonight I never said he couldn't, guy can straight up score. That being said even tonight he made some crucial mistakes that lead to a quick lead by 1 for the wiz about halfway through the 4th, where he forced up 2 I'll advised layups came crashing down and lead to 2 wide open transition 3s. When he's hot it's great, but if hes not he ultimately hurts the team down the stretch. This year he's been exceptionally hot in the 4th. Last game he was picked on by demar, forced up shots and was blocked, what, 4 times in the 4th? Leading to easy transition baskets. It's not all on him, our big are soft as shit. That being said I'll start believing when these numbers translate to beating real teams at least once in a while. The best team we've beat is likely grizzlies twice who were banged up both times, and maybe the jazz who are basically the celtics in terms of ceiling.

Nobody thinks the Celtics are wining shit. Maybe a round. I'm just calling you out on your total BS last night about how IT was torched by Derozan when he barley scored on him all game. You were flat out talking out of your ass. Period.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nobody thinks the Celtics are wining shit. Maybe a round. I'm just calling you out on your total BS last night about how IT was torched by Derozan when he barley scored on him all game. You were flat out talking out of your ass. Period.

Do I need to mark all the times he half hearted played "defense", on the perimeter? He played olay defense all night and filtered him to our soft ass bigs. On top of that any time he got isod on the wing it was a guaranteed bucket. You can coach around it, but it gets exploited often and was last night. Not to mention him charging into the lane and crying about fouls leading to simple buckets in transition.

Tom Penny

Do I need to mark all the times he half hearted played "defense", on the perimeter? He played olay defense all night and filtered him to our soft ass bigs. On top of that any time he got isod on the wing it was a guaranteed bucket. You can coach around it, but it gets exploited often and was last night. Not to mention him charging into the lane and crying about fouls leading to simple buckets in transition.

Lollll isaiah showing why he's not a legitimate superstar or even close in this league. Derozan getting freebies this entire run just walking in and popping it over isaiah.

It wasn't his offense demar being "insane" was IT. Honestly play the game over again and demar will do that 9 times out of 10. They exploited him all night.

3 buckets total on IT 1 in the fourth on a switch. He's basically never even guarding him all night and that entire clip shows it. Again you were talking out of your fucking ass.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
3 buckets total on IT 1 in the fourth on a switch. He's basically never even guarding him all night and that entire clip shows it. Again you were talking out of your fucking ass.

Lol you're getting so mad. They exploited him at the perimeter and exploited him isod on the wing in terms of derozan. When the switch would happen and IT was on Lowry they'd kick it to him. They absolutely took advantage of isaiah last night on both ends. His lax perimeter d, his lack of height and size despite doing everything he could when isod on the wing, and his hero ball on the other end. Sorry if that pisses you off. Relax.

Edit-
Tp don't even bother, anyone questioning IT after the month of dominance he just put in isn't worth arguing with.

Totally, we shouldn't question this team at all when they can't beat actual teams whatsoever. Theyve barely beat any of the 2nd tier teams.

Edit edit- their rim protection was lousy last year too, but their perimeter d was infinitely better, I don't know what in particular has changed, but from the eye test everyone except maybe smart has regressed, crowder is the most egregious.

Tom Penny

Lol you're getting so mad. They exploited him at the perimeter and exploited him isod on the wing in terms of derozan. When the switch would happen and IT was on Lowry they'd kick it to him. They absolutely took advantage of isaiah last night on both ends. His lax perimeter d, his lack of height and size despite doing everything he could when isod on the wing, and his hero ball on the other end. Sorry if that pisses you off. Relax.

You still haven't address how you were talking out of your ass about Derozan light up IT but sure lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You still haven't address how you were talking out of your ass about Derozan light up IT but sure lol

I just said he was playing incredibly lax at the perimeter and there were 3 or 4 plays in a small stretch where isaiah was put on an island and no matter what he did they scored simply due to his height disadvantage. I'll admit I may have mistaked one or 2 of those in that series as all demar, the run started late 3rd not just the 4th and they would force a switch off to the wing. The celts were basically matching at that point keeping it at 7. Sometimes teams cook and players get hot so all you can do is match I.E. Russell Westbrook late in the 4th earlier this year, back to back ridiculous shots over great defense. Last night that crucial stretch was eventually lost, not because they were unstoppable, but because they were getting easy penetration(mostly isaiah, but that continued with crowder once they worked out the switch who was way too slow for demar, but they didn't have Avery to help) and Kelly olynyk playing embarrassingly soft "defense". It started however with exploiting isaiah on an island and that's when they built their momentum. The final 3 minutes were an all around team effort of disgrace from pretty much everyone, but isaiah and Marcus charging the lane and launching themselves bitching about fouls did them no favors.

I'll also be honest about this as well, I've never been a fan of isaiah, I just don't know if he can really be part of a true contender in this particular league, so I have a bias against him, but his offensive game is ridiculous. The major difference this year is his shooting is up in terms of volume and percentage especially on this ridiculous run, and his ability to finish is absurd. He reminds of somebody like Gilbert arenas or Kevin Martin though, a better version, but still a one way player who mostly needs the ball in his hands.

Not scoring on him doesn't mean he wasn't exploited...

xHiryu

Any chance there's a third super team in the NBA? Kinda strange you don't see it more wide spread.

Best regards,

OM

honestly surprised me we dont see a lot of these upper echelon players get together since most of them are on teams by themselves or with an average supporting case. players like:

Westbrook
George
Boogie
Davis
etc.

on an unrelated note PG needs some fuckin help. myles turner is coming along but larry legend is a dumbass for firing vogel to begin with.

random25

honestly surprised me we dont see a lot of these upper echelon players get together since most of them are on teams by themselves or with an average supporting case. players like:

Westbrook
George
Boogie
Davis
etc.

on an unrelated note PG needs some fuckin help. myles turner is coming along but larry legend is a dumbass for firing vogel to begin with.

I'm a solid Vogel supporter but I understand the firing. His offensive system just won't survive in today's NBA. I do agree that PG needs more help though. But they're starting to click together so let's see what happens after all-star break.

melol

Cheebo

Banned
Why are philly fans acting like they won the finals? Almost every team has a buzzer beater win every season. It's exciting at the time but it's not a big deal.

Top Bottom