• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

So will Korver, last with the Caves?

He'll do just fine. Probably one of the easiest plug and play players out there. He'll, they can literally just have him camp in a corner and let LeBron drive to the basket all day and because teams don't have anyone that can play him 1v1, they can just dish it out to the open man. If Korver's defender helps then its over.

And to be honest, Cavs have already been doing plays like that anyway. Now their small ball lineup is even better.

Kyrie, JR, Kyle, LeBron, and Love? Jeez, the off rtg will be through the roof.

Against the Warriors, they could probably hide Korver on Iggy or Draymond.

He'll do just fine. Probably one of the easiest plug and play players out there. He'll, they can literally just have him camp in a corner and let LeBron drive to the basket all day and because teams don't have anyone that can play him 1v1, they can just dish it out to the open man. If Korver's defender helps then its over.

And to be honest, Cavs have already been doing plays like that anyway. Now their small ball lineup is even better.

Kyrie, JR, Kyle, LeBron, and Love? Jeez, the off rtg will be through the roof.

Against the Warriors, they could probably hide Korver on Iggy or Draymond.
I don't know if Korver will do anything vs Warriors. They will switch Korver and Frye on Steph and KD every single time and abuse them on D. It will probably help them big time vs the Eastern competition come playoff time.

Marz

Worse comes to worse korver is still an upgrade over Dunleavy. They also got James Jones as another shooter off the bench...weird he never gets playing time anymore.

It could always be worse though. You could be the Lakers right now.

Lakers are in a pretty good place right now, at least for me. I've said before that they are playing entertaining basketball, which is what I wanted, and they stay competitive for the most part (aside from some notable games where their inexperience shows). Good young team with a lot of potential, to not just grow as a team, but to grow on us as a fan base.

I for one enjoy the rebuild, as there is little pressure right now for them to win big, at least for me. Hopefully the rest of the fan base doesn't get impatient and demand a trade for a head case like Demarcus Cousins.

Anyway, I feel for Brooklyn. Kind of wish they could keep their pick if it falls in the top 3 or something.

Where's the BIG 3 official thread? Retired NBA league full of superstars? Sign me up for the league pass.

Kobe, Shaq, and Fisher need to reunite for this.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Missed a Smart 0-5 from 3 night. I think that means he will bounce back and go 8-8 next game.

MVP

Not the way it works, he's one of the worst 3 point shooters in league history to this point.

this is why it's dumb to call the Celtics a treadmill team. They are in the middle of one of the best and quickest rebuilds while still competing.

What foundational pieces do they really have? I would argue if they tanked their own pick better they could've had Jabari, Wiggins, or embiid instead we got smart, who I like for his effort and whatnot, but I just don't know if hes really a championship piece at all.

Bread

Banned
What foundational pieces do they really have? I would argue if they tanked their own pick better they could've had Jabari, Wiggins, or embiid instead we got smart, who I like for his effort and whatnot, but I just don't know if hes really a championship piece at all.
jesus christ dude, if they tanked for one of those players they'd be a fucking mess right now. They are the 3 seed with two future lottery picks on the way. You're acting so spoiled, you seriously want Wiggins over what we have right now?

I don't know if Korver will do anything vs Warriors. They will switch Korver and Frye on Steph and KD every single time and abuse them on D. It will probably help them big time vs the Eastern competition come playoff time.

Well yeah I didn't mean that lineup Be without problems defensively. I just meant that it could keep up with the Warriors offensively.

IIRC, korver torched the Warriors in one game back when they won 60 games. I think they were mostly transition 3s.

Edit: one game doesn't mean much lol. Just saying it'll be fun to watch that matchup.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
jesus christ dude, if they tanked for one of those players they'd be a fucking mess right now. They are the 3 seed with two future lottery picks on the way. You're acting so spoiled, you seriously want Wiggins over what we have right now?

How the hell would they be worse? And I don't see it as spoiled at all, I just want a player to build around, that's all I'm asking for. It is a superstar league after all. I feel a lot those teams that were in the tank with us have that piece. (Parker and giannis, embiid and Simmons, Russell and Ingram, KAT and Wiggins.) Would Jabari or embiid also make them worse? I feel were essentially on level with the jazz's rebuild, only we don't have a quite as good a piece as gobert Again the nets picks resulted in young and jaylen. I really like jaylen for the time being but we have no idea about him obviously. What pisses me off furthermore was Danny going all in for justice Winslow, when they could've had him themselves if they didn't push so hard for a meaningless playoff series where they were embarrassed by the cavs.

I like the celts position, but I don't love it. They're 3rd place in a weak conference, in a generally weak league. They haven't got out of the 1st round yet. They likely will this year, but what's the ceiling for these guys? If they were in the west they'd be 5th and playing harder teams. In just looking for a team that's building towards something legitimate. I get they're only 1 or 2 big moves from that spot, but given the team they have now, what pieces can you really say are integral parts of a contender?

They have so much they can flip to bring in these real pieces, but what they have at this current moment is not sustainable. Isaiah already talked about the brinks truck, Avery is woefully underpaid compared to comparable players, jae is (was?) Underpaid. That being said until we start seeing those actual pieces I say they still have a long way to go.

It's nice rooting for this team because they're underdogs and they work their asses off, it reminds me of the nuggets post George Karl. I like their game a bit better last year when they actually played defense, but the high-powered offense is exciting too. But nothing to me is as exciting as when jaylen shows off his stuff, knowing the potential he has. That's faded with smart since we have a good idea of his ceiling. Our pick this year should be top 3 if things go right, I only live fultz so far, ball and Jackson's funky shot mechanics worry me.

Two?!? future lottery picks? Are they still from the Nets.
Lord have mercy...

Top Bottom