• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Good morning, oh spurs shitting on warriors? what a great a morning!
laugh.gif

'Member how bad the Heat looked the first year Lebron joined them and formed the big 3 and yet they still made it to the NBA finals in his first year. Same thing may happen with the GS big 4. GS may start the year 11-9 and then finish the year with 60+ W's and a trip to the finals

Falchion

'Member how bad the Heat looked the first year Lebron joined them and formed the big 3 and yet they still made it to the NBA finals in his first year. Same thing may happen with the GS big 4

I'm not going to lock them in for the Finals because shit happens but they'll definitely get it together and be a top 3 team in the West.

'Member how bad the Heat looked the first year Lebron joined them and formed the big 3 and yet they still made it to the NBA finals in his first year. Same thing may happen with the GS big 4
I still think they finish first in the West, but I think they have some real defensive liabilities that need to be addressed.

Thats possible, but that big 3 forming weakened two other top tier teams in the conference. The Spurs, Clippers, Rockets and Blazers didnt lose franchise players .

B.O.O.M

Man it's still just one game and the season is just starting...but could you imagine if GSW don't make the finals? Hell worse..if OKC goes further?

Anyways the opening night is off to a good start. Great to have some NBA action again

Kevtones

Feels good man! BLAZER WIN and Dame looked so damn good

and lmfao at the Warriors game

Hell yeah! Dame continued his pre-season energy. Dude is laser focused.

Other takeaways:

- Wasn't thrilled with the defense but I think it was partly rust/effort
- Vonleh balled out. Dude might be spreading his wings…
- I think Leonard is going to end up being traded
- Turner, while a shit shooter, totally convinced me with his versatility. The 5 dimes tonight carried the 2nd unit.
- Fucking depth yo.

I told everyone a year ago, ryu. I told everyone that GSW basically got exceptionally lucky for a season and a half. I told everyone that small ball, jack 3s from 40 feet away is not a sustainable "system." I told everyone that GSW is basically a team full of more athletic Jimmers. I told everyone.

HOT TAKE PROPHET

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Where's Jason Terry?? Does he still felt Kawhi Leonard is a "B-side player"?

jwhit28

Man it's still just one game and the season is just starting...but could you imagine if GSW don't make the finals? Hell worse..if OKC goes further?

Anyways the opening night is off to a good start. Great to have some NBA action again

Besides seeing the Hornets win a playoff series, Westbrook or Lilliard winning a series against GS would make my season.

Kevtones

Perhaps the Lil' B Curse was so potent on KD that it's permanent.

Also, the Spurs are doing this with Kyle Anderson starting? He didn't even attempt a shot tonight and they're still winning by 30?

Knicks trounced. Warriors getting stomped. Bad night for super teams.

:jnc

Hell yeah! Dame continued his pre-season energy. Dude is laser focused.

Other takeaways:

- Wasn't thrilled with the defense but I think it was partly rust/effort
- Vonleh balled out. Dude might be spreading his wings…
- I think Leonard is going to end up being traded
- Turner, while a shit shooter, totally convinced me with his versatility. The 5 dimes tonight carried the 2nd unit.
- Fucking depth yo.

The Blazers game was awesome. Dame was playing out of his mind, as was Vonleh, and Crabbe was hitting wild threes. The defense flat-out sucked apart from the second quarter, and that's just as much Utah's bench can't shoot very well as it was the Blazers playing good defense. That's a serious issue when you run up against deeper teams. But the depth on the Blazers is really incredible this year, even if it is a whole bunch of people other teams haven't heard of. And holy shit, the Jazz are legit this year. Joe Johnson set his alarm for 2007.

Back-to-back thirty point blowouts on TNT and the Portland market gets treated to an excellent game. Ahhhh yeeeeaahhhh.

dream

It feels like a lifetime ago now, but in reality, it was only a few months back that everyone was talking about GSW's "visionary" ownership group, who, along with their "phenom" head coach and "supernova" franchise player, radically "transforming" the game of basketball. Who, other than me, could have foreseen GSW being exposed as the Association's version of Theranos?

It feels like a lifetime ago now, but in reality, it was only a few months back that everyone was talking about GSW's "visionary" ownership group, who, along with their "phenom" head coach and "supernova" franchise player, radically "transforming" the game of basketball. Who, other than me, could have foreseen GSW being exposed as the Association's version of Theranos?

me, probably

Kevtones

The Blazers game was awesome. Dame was playing out of his mind, as was Vonleh, and Crabbe was hitting wild threes. The defense flat-out sucked apart from the second quarter, and that's just as much Utah's bench can't shoot very well as it was the Blazers playing good defense. That's a serious issue when you run up against deeper teams. But the depth on the Blazers is really incredible this year, even if it is a whole bunch of people other teams haven't heard of. And holy shit, the Jazz are legit this year. Joe Johnson set his alarm for 2007.

Back-to-back thirty point blowouts on TNT and the Portland market gets treated to an excellent game. Ahhhh yeeeeaahhhh.

Yeah Joe Johnson might be the best stealth pickup this year. Dude TOOK OVER in the 3rd. The Blazers depth is legitimately crazy and they don't even have Festus back. The amount of lineup combos and styles they can bring is fantastic. Plus their length is legit.

Vonleh and Crabbe coming to play this year.

All they needed was Biyombo or a legit big man , even dumbass Dwight would have helped

You can't have Green guard centers for 82 games , it only works in series because its short

Top Bottom