• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Falchion

I need to force myself to watch the best games this season, not just whatever is on ESPN / TNT like I usually do. These two games were boring blowouts by the 4th.

datruth29

Is Kawhi going to play like James Harden on offense all season? Because a basketball version of James Harden Offense + Kawhi Defense is TERRIFYING

dream

All they needed was Biyombo or a legit big man , even dumbass Dwight would have helped

You can't have Green guard centers for 82 games , it only works in series because its short

I mean, Kevin Durant is 6'11--the same as Dwight. Except Kev is also 160 lbs and a proven loser.

Gobias

Banned
39198_1571854573776_1157872547_31663366_5779158_n_400x400.jpg

I love SImmons. <3

GG Warriors. They're only going to get better. It'll be a much different game next time around, but I love the resolve the Spurs showed tonight.

B.O.O.M

Hell yeah! Dame continued his pre-season energy. Dude is laser focused.

Other takeaways:

- Wasn't thrilled with the defense but I think it was partly rust/effort
- Vonleh balled out. Dude might be spreading his wings…
- I think Leonard is going to end up being traded
- Turner, while a shit shooter, totally convinced me with his versatility. The 5 dimes tonight carried the 2nd unit.
- Fucking depth yo.

Yeah towards the very end the defense kicked in well. I think it's rust honestly. At least I hope so. Eventually getting Ezeli will help too

Vonleh is looking super impressive. So damn young too! Blazers lucked out with him

I still have a lot of faith in ET..as you said he is a key part of the team's depth. On that note..Jazz is deep as fuck! Didn't realize how deep they are.

Oh and the two new commentators are growing on me..Calabro dropping a 'Dame Dolla' line in the 4th definitely helped

Besides seeing the Hornets win a playoff series, Westbrook or Lilliard winning a series against GS would make my season.

My body is not ready for such awesomeness

Fjordson

Spurs always seem to find nice talent outside of the first round. Simmons just tore it up today.

For the Dubs, I liked the offense from Steph and KD, but seemingly everything else needs work.

Are people really doing the Skip/SAS thing after game 1?

Nah. As an objective fan, I did legit wonder how their interior D would look against elite teams. I also wonder how Steph, Draymond and Klay will hold up trying to go make a 3rd straight deep run, esp with Stephs ankles.

Iggy is getting up there in years too.

jman2050

I mean, not that I expected them to get blown out or anything, but did people really think that all the problems and weaknesses the Cavs exploited the hell out of during the Finals were just going to disappear because KD?

Kevtones

Yeah towards the very end the defense kicked in well. I think it's rust honestly. At least I hope so. Eventually getting Ezeli will help too

Oh and the two new commentators are growing on me..Calabro dropping a 'Dame Dolla' line in the 4th definitely helped

Ezeli is going to be an interesting fit because he's unlike any other Blazers big in style. Would be curious to see this lineup on D:

Turner/Crabbe/Aminu/Davis/Ezeli

Calabro is going to be great. He's AWESOME when he's in his groove.

Are people really doing the Skip/SAS thing after game 1?

DId you not see Javale McGee take the floor? That is an omen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The size advantage was apparent tonight. Obviously it's Durant you have to get him, but they also lost something in the process. They lost Bogut who is a beast defender/rim protector, and they lost his backup in Ezeli. They got Zaza who is an ok role player, but terrible rim protector, and LOL Javale Mcgee. They will be getting outrebounded and struggling to stop guys on the post. Pau struggled tonight, but him and Aldrige will cause problems down low.

All of this being said, it's day 1. The Warriors will win a ton of games. I'm not convinced it's an upgrade, but there is plenty of time to add a few pieces and sort things out.

h1nch

Spurs always seem to find nice talent outside of the first round. Simmons just tore it up today.

For the Dubs, I liked the offense from Steph and KD, but seemingly everything else needs work.

He paid $100 to try out for the Spurs' D-League team FFS

I can't wait to see what they do w/ Dejounte after a few yrs.

Vonleh is looking super impressive. So damn young too! Blazers lucked out with him

I still have a lot of faith in ET..as you said he is a key part of the team's depth. On that note..Jazz is deep as fuck! Didn't realize how deep they are.

The announcers grew on me too. You could tell they were finding their legs, especially early on when Lamar Hurd said something to the effect of "he moves around screens like a snail... or a snake... one of those things!" But they really seemed to click well. I thought I'd miss Mike and Mike more, honestly.

And in our exuberance, we've completely overlooked Ed Davis, who had one of those quiet "lead everyone in +/-" kind of nights. His defensive efforts were about all Portland could muster on that end of the floor, and he was setting killer screens, including that one for Lillard on the dagger three. He always brings the energy, and you need someone like that to get everyone else energized. Solid game for Davis.

Top Bottom