• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Mory Dunz

Did Durant just take Lebron's life?

Anyone notice how Curry doesn't jump up and draw the foul on 3 fly bys? I don't know why. It's 3 free throws and you might even make the shot.

He usually side steps instead...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Marcus still can't score off the bench. good game, another tough one down the stretch that didn't need to be though. The rim protection is killer. They just crushed us down low all 4th quarter. Bogut would be a massive instant upgrade.

edit-
Relax, in the context of that play.

I thought you were making a drive by post about the 2 of them after this blowout. I'm not even a fan of lebron, but after the past few years impossible to deny his impact. I'll also start liking KD more when he wins something that matters.

Mory Dunz

Seems like too much effort went into those cookies like dang.

Well I guess technically you just have to call a company and say exactly what you want...but still.

Jarate

Banned
Is it safe to say that this has been the greatest NBA season of all time

great performances every night in a league filled with a massive amount of talent.

Did Durant just take Lebron's life?

Anyone notice how Curry doesn't jump up and draw the foul on 3 fly bys? I don't know why. It's 3 free throws and you might even make the shot.

He usually side steps instead...

He was doing it earlier in the season. In fact Kerr told him and Klay to draw those fouls. I don't know why he stopped

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

great performances every night in a league filled with a massive amount of talent.

Really? i feel it's the exact opposite. I think it's going to be in a few years with all the young talent in the pipeline, but right now it's sort of in no mans land with it being more top heavy than ever.

Celts came dangerously close to the backcourt violation there. Hornets fans, is anybody still high on MKG? Everytime I see him he's just so lousy.

Bread

Banned

It's certainly going that way. The league's future is so bright, we've only just entered the golden age.

Mory Dunz

Not even a replay of Durant's block on Lebron? C'mon now.

heatmad.gif

phanphare

Banned
Really? i feel it's the exact opposite. I think it's going to be in a few years with all the young talent in the pipeline, but right now it's sort of in no mans land with it being more top heavy than ever.

Celts came dangerously close to the backcourt violation there. Hornets fans, is anybody still high on MKG? Everytime I see him he's just so lousy.

ugh, I don't know what's up with mkg. he hasn't looked like himself all season with only like a 3 game stretch where he looked like the dude before the injuries.

I need to reserve judgement because I just don't know what's up with him but this season is definitely meh as fuck in regards to mkg so far

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ugh, I don't know what's up with mkg. he hasn't looked like himself all season with only like a 3 game stretch where he looked like the dude before the injuries.

I need to reserve judgement because I just don't know what's up with him but this season is definitely meh as fuck in regards to mkg so far

I've heard he's a lockdown defender, that's all well and good, but at that position you need at least some scoring and shooting. He has neither of those things. His shot reconstruction has been ugly to say the least. IDK it feels like compared the hype he's never really lived up to it.

phanphare

Banned
I've heard he's a lockdown defender, that's all well and good, but at that position you need at least some scoring and shooting. He has neither of those things. His shot reconstruction has been ugly to say the least. IDK it feels like compared the hype he's never really lived up to it.

that's the thing though, in the past he was crafty as fuck taking dudes off the dribble, cutting, and just getting to the rim and finishing. and that was when his shot was worse than it is now and people could just hang off him. and trust me the shot reconstruction was huge, his shot was just that bad before. his elbow would be all weird and he'd shoot on the way down, worse than what you're seeing now. and tbh he hasn't been consistently great on defense this season either, which is the biggest thing for me. this is a dude that has put some garbage ass al jefferson playing defense at center teams on his back to be a top defensive and defensive rebounding team in the nba.

so yeah, he doesn't look great this season but I just don't know if it's a consistency thing from the two injuries, time off, and time off with no contact allowed, or if his mental game is off now because the injuries are affecting how hard he'll go in terms of effort and intensity because that's one of his hallmarks

edit: look at this shit

michael-kidd-gilchrist.jpg

Top Bottom