• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

From Stein:

first of all, the league should step in and remove Vivek if that shit platter of a deal goes through. That's more offensive than anything Donald Sterling did. It'd be legitimately one of the worst trades in league history. 2nd of all, can't the Celtics easily top that? Doesn't Marcus Smart + next year's BKN pick + the Memphis pick beat that?

No way! Just trade him to the Celtics in exchange for the Nets' pick! Plus IT and Cousins in a team again will fuck up the east.

first of all, the league should step in and remove Vivek if that shit platter of a deal goes through. It'd be legitimately one of the worst trades in league history. 2nd of all, can't the Celtics easily top that? Doesn't Marcus Smart + next year's BKN pick + the Memphis pick beat that?

Celtics apparently haven't even asked about him according to local reporters in Boston.

How will you ever replace the 23 year old rookie putting up a 9 PER and 8 PPG?

The numbers check out, but I love the Bahamian mouth breathing nut grabber. Plus I really do think he's going to have a great sophomore season.

But really I just like the dude. I'm not going to complain much when we are getting Cousins.

jbug617

Banned
"The Kings are strongly considering New Orleans' trade offer of two first-round picks and Buddy Hield for DeMarcus Cousins, ESPN sources say" - Marc Stein

That's it?

Ainge better hope that trade doesn't happen. Fanbase will be pissed because that's not a lot for Cousins.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The pelicans trade sounds like something that is intentionally leaked to drive up the price.

Steve Kerr says it might be a good idea to incentivize players--"Get their charities involved," Kerr said-to make AS games more competitive.
https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/833531047715418114

Cousins when he sat down postgame: "There must be some good shit going on. I don't ever get this much media."
https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/833530454376587264

DeMarcus Cousins said he "hasn't heard from" Vlade Divac. Re: possible trade to Pelicans he said, "If that's what happens, it happens."
https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/833530454376587264

Dammit Boogie.

Also holy shit what is Ainge doing? IT and Boogie are best friends, he's a franchise type center. He and AD are who you actually trade those fucking picks for

the odds that anybody they draft with the Brooklyn picks will be as good as DMC is probably less than 10%.

Yup.

Picks aren't a sure thing, and getting the pick you want isn't guaranteed

jbug617

Banned
Cousins not signing an extension with any team that trades for him.

@ESPNSteinLine: But DeMarcus Cousins' agent Jarinn Akana tells ESPN that Cousins is unlikely to sign a summer extension with any team that trades for him

Yeah, I'd still absolutely trade for him. Just because even if he doesn't sign an extension this offseason, you still have the advantage the following summer from a money perspective and have a season and a half to convince him to stay.

And that assumes what his agent says is even true, considering earlier tonight his agent denied trade talks were even taking place.

the problem for the Lakers is that their most valuable asset (this year's pick) is one that they might not keep. That's probably going to prevent them from being major players until the offseason. If they keep the pick, I could see them trying to put together packages for Paul George or DMC (if he's still on the market).
I don't think magic is too fond of a lot of what they got.

We already know his sales pitch though, "we win, you get noticed, wow!"

pislit

the odds that anybody they draft with the Brooklyn picks will be as good as DMC is probably less than 10%.

Same goes for Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

Ainge is that same person who traded young playaz and draft picks for established players and win a championship.

Let that Brooklyn pick go (granted if the rumors that the fucking Kings are willing to trade Cousins for Pelican trash are true.)

Same goes for Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

Ainge is that same person who traded young playaz and draft picks for established players and win a championship.

Let that Brooklyn pick go (granted if the rumors that the fucking Kings are willing to trade Cousins to Pelican trash are true.)

See, at least with Butler and Paul George, there might be injury concern, and they don't fill as major of a hole with the Celtics so well. But AD and Cousins are perfect, like, it's questionable to keep the picks for the other 2, but you're not sure if you can seriously beat Lebron with that, but Boogie??!!!!

Rumor is the C's aren't looking at trading for Cousins because of the fit with Hortford. That being said, if the price is that cheap they should do it.

Sandfox

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 11s12 seconds ago

Sources: Kings, Lakers discussed parameters on Cousins deal in past 48 hours, but Sacramento ended talks in late afternoon. Pels are focus.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 38s39 seconds ago

Sacramento's price was way too high for Lakers, per source. Makes sense considering what @ESPNSteinLine is reporting NOLA's offer is
Ok then.

jbug617

Banned
It's going to be the Pelicans. Lakers tried and the Kings said no

@WojVerticalNBA: Sources: Kings, Lakers discussed parameters on Cousins deal in past 48 hours, but Sacramento ended talks in late afternoon. Pels are focus.

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Kings, Lakers discussed parameters on Cousins deal in past 48 hours, but Sacramento ended talks in late afternoon. Pels are focus.
Kings wanted Brandon Ingram in a trade package for Cousins, but Lakers refused to include him, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Climb that ladder, Demps. Make yourself famous.

Rumor is the C's aren't looking at trading for Cousins because of the fit with Hortford. That being said, if the price is that cheap they should do it.

full

Chase17

Lol, what could the Kings have possibly asked for from the Lakers that would make them say no, but then turn around and consider that NO offer.

Top Bottom