• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
As a Warriors fan I think these Clip beatdowns are my favorite thing about the regular season.

The funny thing about the Clips is they've basically forsaken their future since Doc hands out 1st rounders like candy.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're garbage tier again in 2-3 years.

Wtf I left the tv for a quarter and come back to this. It's hilarious how the Clippers can't even come close to winning. The Warriors just love embarrassing them.

He was selected to make some half court shots at the All Star game randomly, took about 6-7 missed all of them. If he made a shot the amount donated would've jumped up from 150,000ish to 500,000. And he missed all of them lol. But the charity still ended up giving 500,000.
It's tnt. Was likely setup

I'd bet a good bit of money the Ewing theory will come true for Sacramento

910a8e013f178f9c85611c07896835a9.png

He missed them on purpose????
I think most here woukd say no but I believe so.

Unless having sages family there, have shaq and his son dunk the ball for 500,000 and have a photo op was all just a coincidence?

Curry was trying to walk off and pointed to the kid really fast.

This is tnt,where they set up some horrible skits after all. The shaq burning pants thing for example was stupid

I'd rather they do crazy real spontaneous things.

Imo of you can make them you can miss them. Maybe they planned an alternate situation if he made one but I believe the plan was to make it dramatic for sages son which is ok.

Nothing wrong with it but they could have let steph shoot for 10k a ball and built up the dunk a bit more. The staff at tnt just suck at thier jobs and aren't always that funny with thier photoshops. Yeah yeah

TTG

That third quarter went from, "hey this feels like last year's Warriors" to nuclear. 50 point quarter to come back from down 16 and 4 techs because they were telling the Clips they were kicking their ass while they were doing it.

Warriors/Clips third quarter, you the real all star game. I may watch it again while cooking it was so good.

EDIT: 3rd quarter box score.

another edit because why not: https://streamable.com/pdz5e

man, the shit that being talked in the 2nd quarter, but everyone in the know knew "just wait till the 3rd. LOL

I want to know what Iggy was saying to Crawford that got him T'd up
I also hope they reverse that T on Drey for asking the Ref "Why!!?". that was some total BS.
and who did they attribute the "Bench Tech" to?

Someone text me "what is happening to the Warriors right now" in the beginning of the 3rd, when the "ref assist" was fucking up the game. I told her, just wait, Dubs already mad at the Clips, and the refs are just about to set them off... this is about to get ugly for the Clips, just watch, Warriors will beat the Refs and the Clippers at the same time". But I was NOT expecting a 50pt quarter, especially when it seemed like everything the Dubs did resulted in a foul. They put the Clips into the bonus before the refs even called a single foul on the Clips, even thought there were probably about 3 or so that they could have called. That shit was crazy. wish they could play like that more often, and especially when it counts..

Fjordson

Wow, Shaq is actually going after Javale on twitter.

The TNT crew is such a fucking clown show. Pathetic that they're still on TV. Any sort of actual analysis is too much to ask, but beefing with an active player? Right in their wheelhouse. Bunch of dipshits.

Marz

The TNT crew is such a fucking clown show. Pathetic that they're still on TV. Any sort of actual analysis is too much to ask, but beefing with an active player? Right in their wheelhouse. Bunch of dipshits.

You care way too much about something so meaningless.

Fjordson

You care way too much about something so meaningless.
Maybe, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect coverage that isn't worthless. Sports media being mostly terrible is getting kinda old.

(more television media, some great writers out there)

Edit: Shaq caps off the night by tweeting "America meet Javale BUM McGee" with Javale's face photoshopped onto a picture of a homeless person. Just some truly classic material from Shaq.

I'm kind of in the camp that they have rode on McGee a bit too much to the point where it does get kind of malicious.

Honestly you can find a lot of dumbass mistakes NBA players make all the time. Griffin had quite a few Tragic Bronson mistakes himself tonight.

Shaq is just a petty ass bitch who always has to have the last word.

I'm kind of in the camp that they have rode on McGee a bit too much to the point where it does get kind of malicious.

Honestly you can find a lot of dumbass mistakes NBA players make all the time. Griffin had quite a few Tragic Bronson mistakes himself tonight.

Shaq is just a petty ass bitch who always has to have the last word.
Shaq has always been the dude who gives it but can't take it.

Are the clips he's playing cgi?

Alright cool. Every week in the NBA there's 100's of "Shaqtin" moments but sure lets just play clips of a dude who Shaq obviously doesn't like. Sure Javale's had some funny moments (like him inbounding the ball for the other team a few weeks back) but most of the time it's just clips that happen during a game regularly that just so happens to have been by Javale.

Surprised TNT haven't stepped in to be honest.

Shaq should shut up. Javale has been as good as anyone could have possibly expected and has played within himself. Shaq talking crap goes way beyond criticism of a player.

I enjoy it, well I don't always agree with them or hardly do but at least it isn't too boring for me to see them implode on everything.

When chuck says the media should leave durant and russ alone though, how can I disagree. They just keep on and on and give Russ no respect time after time, that's way more annoying than the tnt crew

I do agree shaq can't take anything against himself that is real critiques and I can see why he had issues with kobe or other teammates.

Do you really think the Sixers would give a divisional rival as good of a deal as the Mavs got?

If they traded him for 2 seconds then I don't think they think too highly of him. And even if the C's offered a better deal that would still likely be cheap as fuck considering the deal Philly got sucks ass.

Deron Williams would have too much fun with this Cavs team. Is there any way The Land picks him up?

He's basically near guaranteed to go there. Also seems like Bogut is going to go there too.

Basically, the Cavs managed to get Kyle Korver, Deron Williams, Derrick Williams (who has been playing well, with Lebron, cause Lebron does that with his teammates), and Andrew Bogut, for the price of a 1st and Mike Dunleavy Jr.

David Griffin has done an amazing job...

Also, Korver has been shooting 52.3% on 5.6 3s a game since joining the Cavs. This takes into account his rough starting period, when he was just getting used to the team.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/korveky01.html

Really curious what the new Lakers regime will do if they are able to keep their draft pick. A top 3 pick in a loaded draft all of a sudden makes them players in the Paul Georgr/Jimmy Butler talks, but for some reason I get the feeling Lonzo Ball has the kind of game Magic creams over.

Do the Lakers even really want to get involved in Paul George talks? Seems like they should try and go all in on someone else and hope George comes over as a free agent.

TTG

He's basically near guaranteed to go there. Also seems like Bogut is going to go there too.

Basically, the Cavs managed to get Kyle Korver, Deron Williams, Derrick Williams (who has been playing well, with Lebron, cause Lebron does that with his teammates), and Andrew Bogut, for the price of a 1st and Mike Dunleavy Jr.

And before it was JR, Shumpert and Mozgov in for who, Waiters and that's it?

Do the Lakers even really want to get involved in Paul George talks? Seems like they should try and go all in on someone else and hope George comes over as a free agent.

That's what I would do, but Magic probably wants to make a splash. Hopefully Pelinka knows better. Build a core first then try and add a franchise piece.

Eleuin

Also, Korver has been shooting 52.3% on 5.6 3s a game since joining the Cavs. This takes into account his rough starting period, when he was just getting used to the team.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/korveky01.html

so are they're replacing felder with deron and derrick with bogut? damn

unless bogut goes back to the dubs

Well, not this year of course.

But if the Lakers can improve to 30 something wins, their current players (Ingram, Russel, Larry Nance Jr., Randle, Zubac, Black, Clarkson) continue to become solid rotation players (Russell has fringe-star potential, and Ingram is like Giannis, he'll have to be developed right), they get a star type player this year in the draft, and the Pacers aren't contenders, then yeah, I see Paul George signing there and possibly becoming a nasty team.

"Bryan Colangelo announces Ben Simmons will not play this season." - @JakeLFischer

RIP Ben Simmons.

Eh, not sure this hurts the Sixers. They had lost steam, and tanking now to get a better draft pick and try and damage the Laker's chance at a top 3 draft pick can only help them.

Plus, there was that rumor that Simmons' agent wanted him to not play this year to try and get some bonus tied to winning ROTY. Next year's ROTY race is going to be crazy

Top Bottom