• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

ACE 1991

Excited for all the salt if Philly gets the #1 again.

Excited to cry when this #1 pick inevitably breaks his foot in the off-season.

FZZ

Banned
The amount of fans that don't like Lonzo from drafting teams is hilarious to me

Seems like people hate his dad so much they automatically think he's gonna be a bust

I still want the Lakers to get him

Fjordson

Reading all the articles going up from various outlets on their season awards and I somehow didn't know until just reading it that Draymond leads the league in steals. Just amazing what this guy does.

Can you imagine if teams started giving actual minutes to celebs at the end of the season just to tank a little bit harder?

I certainly can, and that sounds like something that the league should add immediately. I mean, look, at the tail end of the season a team like Dallas or Brooklyn has literally nothing to play for, and there's no reason for fans to care at all. So why not let Kevin Hart start at Point Guard? It hurts nothing, the fans apparently enjoy that sort of thing (given that they watch the celebrity pick-up game over All Star Weekend) and it might drive some ticket sales. The league is, at the end of the day, an entertainment product, and the prospect of watching Lavar Ball chucking from halfcourt is infinitely more entertaining than the actual show some NBA teams are currently putting on. They could put some restrictions on it; only allow one-day contracts, only during the final week of the year, only for teams that are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. But this is something we should have. Plus, it gives players incentive to do better. "Take us to the playoffs or I'm benching you for Carrot Top" is solid motivation.

LionPride

Banned
Y'all ever realize how much talent the league has? Like seriously, the league is hella talented. Damian Lillard and Kemba are two top 10 guards, will def not make an All NBA team.

Millsap is amazing and gets overlooked by people. Hayward had an amazing season. Then of course everyone that you know. League is just fucking stacked. Every team has good to great players who are young. Except for the Magic.

Y'all ever realize how much talent the league has? Like seriously, the league is hella talented. Damian Lillard and Kemba are two top 10 guards, will def not make an All NBA team.

Millsap is amazing and gets overlooked by people. Hayward had an amazing season. Then of course everyone that you know. League is just fucking stacked. Every team has good to great players who are young. Except for the Magic.

That's why I'm not surprised when teams beat teams that are supposed to win matches. The talent level in the NBA is much slimmer than anything in college, but of course that's par for the course in professional sports, honestly.

Fjordson

Agreed. The NBA is great right now.

Cavs showing absolutely no respect for Boston just letting them have home court.

Cavs are focused on the Finals. They couldn't catch the Warriors, Spurs, or Rockets so there's no point in playing for the 1 seed.

The Cavs could probably beat every team in the East playing 7 straight games on the road.

Mortemis

Banned

So talented, that you could say the league is ready for an expansion...

Brooklyn should have their team taken away and moved to Seattle for this nonsense. Ya'll ass all year and resting. Resting for what? Pure fuckery coming out of Jersey.

Hawks looking like they want that honorary Heat lifer status.

Unfortunately, the Heat put themselves in this position by losing to many bad teams this year. I mean we lost the season series to the Magic and the Knicks.

That being said fuck the Nets. Not surprised that the biggest joke in the NBA pulls a stunt like this. You know you fucked up when your franchise is in a worse situation than the Knicks.

Tall4Life

We should go back to the old style lottery. This race to the bottom bullshit needs to stop.

Where every team in the bottom 14 has an equal chance of being the first pick? Hell no, that means teams who barely missed the playoffs could get the first pick and teams who definitely need that caliber of talent get shafted

Where every team in the bottom 14 has an equal chance of being the first pick? Hell no, that means teams who barely missed the playoffs could get the first pick and teams who definitely need that caliber of talent get shafted

The problem is when the same teams are constantly in the bottom (Sixers, Nets, my Lakers) at some point the league should stop rewarding them. Half the fucking league makes the playoffs. If you are in the lottery 3, 4 or 5 years in a row, it's time to re-examine just what he fuck your management/ownership is doing. We shouldn't be rewarding inept franchises by allowing them to hoard young talent.

I would like to seem them somehow figure out a way to mathematically weigh the odds against teams that are picking in the lottery. Like, for example, if you finish with the first pick one year, and are in the lottery again, the best you can do is like the 9th pick or something.

Vestal

Gold Member
The problem is when the same teams are constantly in the bottom (Sixers, Nets, my Lakers) at some point the league should stop rewarding them. Half the fucking league makes the playoffs. If you are in the lottery 3, 4 or 5 years in a row, it's time to re-examine just what he fuck your management/ownership is doing. We shouldn't be rewarding inept franchises by allowing them to hoard young talent.

Yup yup....

Tall4Life

I would like to seem them somehow figure out a way to mathematically weigh the odds against teams that are picking in the lottery. Like, for example, if you finish with the first pick one year, and are in the lottery again, the best you can do is like the 9th pick or something.
Ok, that's fair...

Top Bottom