• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Mik317

Can someone help me with my controller? I had to put new triggers on since mine broke, and now when I play, it acts as if the right trigger is being pressed down the whole time when it isn't. Only when the back of the controller is attached does it act like this. Left trigger works fine, it's just the right one.

lol. same thing happened to my controller. shit is probably broke man., the springs or something must be out of wack so once you press down you have to also bring it back up.

So what's the consensus on 2k. I've played every single iteration since the Dreamcast days....is this the first year I sit out? Are the legacy gameplay problems still a problem? Unbreakable animations and such?

Depends on what you want.

Graphics...great franchise mode with multiteam ownership and in game AI that's good enough that watching the CPU play itself is entertaining...yup, worth a buy.

If online play is your main draw...you may want to wait a few months.

Unbreakable animations are sometimes a required evil.

This game is great for the offline player imo. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than 2k14 next generation.

Bledsoe must be pissed I've already made it as the starting SG for the Suns unless they move me to up to the 3 spot?

Dunk is 95 and I still end up going for more layups (91) and missing.

It feels like shoot in traffic and consistency is stuck on 50 with no way to raise them.

cacophony

ok MyPlayer is seriously fucking ridiculous.

Vucevic, Oladipo & Frye (MY MENTOR) just got a -171 PER. how the fuck am i supposed to win when my mentor goes drops 0 points, 1 assist and 1 block 2 in 20 minutes

cacophony

omfg we are down 3 with 50secs left.. i pass it upcourt to Olidipo and he immediately passes back to me.. in the backcourt (i didnt call for it).

why do my teammates treat the ball like a hot potato

Clevinger

Amare's been doing this thing where after we pick and roll he always immediately passes it back to me if there's a guy in front of him in the paint. And I'm like two feet away from him. So annoying.

AcridMeat

Banned
Haha man this game really throws everything to try to slow MyTeam down. I got Gordon Hayward rolling in the first half, had 16 in 9 minutes on 6/7 shooting. I get him another open look on a fast break. Perfect timing, wide open, he breaks his ankle on the way down.

He breaks his fucking ankle.

So I just rely more on Tim Hardaway Jr (the god) and Rondo almost gets a triple double in 17 minutes (14 assists goddamn) and I finally get all the stars against the damn Nets. I'm like 6 teams past them on the ladder now and I still needed two stars but got it. Got KG -_-

Ensoul

I am doing the career mode and your teammates are dumb as rocks. I am a shooting guard and the PG for the Pelicans (Holiday in this case) just dribbles the ball up the floor then continues to stand there and dribble the ball more just about about until the shot clock expires.

When I do get the ball and try to get and assist the computers always misses like 2 foot shots.

My favorite part was when Gordon (my mentor) yells at me for not passing him the ball more yet I have never ever been on the floor at the same time as him.

Hasney

I am doing the career mode and your teammates are dumb as rocks. I am a shooting guard and the PG for the Pelicans (Holiday in this case) just dribbles the ball up the floor then continues to stand there and dribble the ball more just about about until the shot clock expires.

I am finding this to be bizzare that I've read this a lot and never experienced it. Wondering if it's a bug localised to one version of the game or something. We're pushing the ball around all over the place and the only time this happens is when we have a comfortable lead and are trying to run down the clock.

RS4-

When I do get the ball and try to get and assist the computers always misses like 2 foot shots.

My favorite part was when Gordon (my mentor) yells at me for not passing him the ball more yet I have never ever been on the floor at the same time as him.

I just turn on auto plays. Without calling them yourself, AI just does stupid shit.

And don't worry about the cutscenes, everyone gets the same shit.

Joeki11a

Banned
Where is the slam dunk contest?

also why people whine about the AI, when this game has Sliders?, put the AI in HOF and play 5 games, see it all.

Then shape them to what you want from them, use the sliders to change their gameplay patterns, you got them by the balls use the sliders if you dont like Mike Wangs default style.

Hasney

I think it's pretty obvious how I play...

B0BCoFCIMAA6mCR.jpg:large

OMG now I know how big time free agents feel. I'm staring at this free agency screen with offers from the Knicks, Cavs, and Thunder. The Knicks are offering the most money, but the Cavs and Thunder are obviously title contenders. Wow this is tougher than I thought it would be.

i think i'm just going to wait on myplayer mode until i accrue a shitton of VC from the mynba2k15 app game.

i started attacking the basket over taking jumpers and goddamn. i went from awful to rolling straight through domination. idk what i'm gonna do when i get to the 600 point teams though, i can never score more than that, although i'm sure having something more than silvers by then will definitely help. i just pulled my first gold, al harrington, off my gold pack from getting the 50th card bonus money.

i got stuck on the pistons the other day because no matter how well i defend, andre drummond was grabbing the o rebound and making a layup putback every single time i went down the court vs det. i switched to an attack the basket offense tho and its practically broken like always, except for all the wide open layups your NBA players like to miss

Am I the only one that really hates the way they make your "my player"? I wish they'd give you options on how your guy is going to act. He such a douche the way he acts. Such a whiny complainer.

And please.. only two voices to choose from? There's no nerdy white guys that they could of hired to do some voices as well? Don't even get me started on the way your agent acts and looks.

Oh brother. Thought they would of given more options on this type of thing for next gen. Next gen is more than just shiner graphics to me.. should be about what's in the game content wise as well.

Oh well.

cacophony

how do you make jumpshots in myplayer?

im a lvl 10 shooter and I get b- and B+ looks and get almost excellent release but I shoot like 20% every game

Daezuel

This game is driving me crazy. Playing against GS is an exercise in frustration, they just DON'T miss. In fact, the only team that seems to miss regularly is yours. Score 26 points with 5 assists and 3 boards, lose by 20.

cacophony

i think im a masochist for continuing to play this game

Olidipo wide open for 3.... better running in 10 feet first straight into my defender and then get it blocked. btw Vujavic is the worst player EVER

Blablurn

It's funny. Everytime I watch those Chris Smoove videos his teammates are actually playing well. They are are actually making throws.

But when I play MyCareer they do the same shit you guys are talking about haha.

I love when they have the ball in their hands and just stand there.

AcridMeat

Banned
i think i'm just going to wait on myplayer mode until i accrue a shitton of VC from the mynba2k15 app game.

i started attacking the basket over taking jumpers and goddamn. i went from awful to rolling straight through domination. idk what i'm gonna do when i get to the 600 point teams though, i can never score more than that, although i'm sure having something more than silvers by then will definitely help. i just pulled my first gold, al harrington, off my gold pack from getting the 50th card bonus money.

i got stuck on the pistons the other day because no matter how well i defend, andre drummond was grabbing the o rebound and making a layup putback every single time i went down the court vs det. i switched to an attack the basket offense tho and its practically broken like always, except for all the wide open layups your NBA players like to miss
What platform are you on? I wanna play some gaffers in MyTeam (PC). By the way just wait until you get to the 720 point teams.

I love my domination mode team though

PG Rondo (Actually amazing for this mode, can rebound and pass like a mother)
SG Hardaway Jr (A god, seriously)
SF Hayward (injured)/Harkless
PF J. Henson
C Noel

Bench:
Granger
Ellington
Gooden
Foye
Some other dudes

I'm pretty annoyed by a few things with the mode though, they don't give you any credits for forcing turnovers or drawing fouls. Any time you get fouled instead of making a pass for a potential made shot it's worse for you, sucks. Also try to run as much as you can, the maximum offensive possession you can have is an assisted fast break dunk. Later on the mode is basically try to be like the Suns of a few years ago, 8 seconds or less.

Hasney

This game is driving me crazy. Playing against GS is an exercise in frustration, they just DON'T miss. In fact, the only team that seems to miss regularly is yours. Score 26 points with 5 assists and 3 boards, lose by 20.

Ha, I thought that the first time I played them in MyPlayer. Cringed the next time we came up but we ended up beating them by 30 points.

Been on a 15 game winning streak and we're tied with the Celtics now right at the bottom of the last playoff place with 10 games to go.... And 2 of those are against Boston.

AcridMeat

Banned
Has anyone else noticed that there's way too many moving screens called? And that people will fall down when it looks like an obvious blocking foul but there's never anything called, it always leads to a free lane to the basket.
How to get Deadeye or Shot Creator badges? Anyone know?

Probably something to do with shooting (duh) but what?
Deadeye would be spot up shooting, my guess, and shot creator you'd need to take people off the dribble and score.

What platform are you on? I wanna play some gaffers in MyTeam (PC). By the way just wait until you get to the 720 point teams.

I love my domination mode team though

PG Rondo (Actually amazing for this mode, can rebound and pass like a mother)
SG Hardaway Jr (A god, seriously)
SF Hayward (injured)/Harkless
PF J. Henson
C Noel

Bench:
Granger
Ellington
Gooden
Foye
Some other dudes

I'm pretty annoyed by a few things with the mode though, they don't give you any credits for forcing turnovers or drawing fouls. Any time you get fouled instead of making a pass for a potential made shot it's worse for you, sucks. Also try to run as much as you can, the maximum offensive possession you can have is an assisted fast break dunk. Later on the mode is basically try to be like the Suns of a few years ago, 8 seconds or less.

Yeah I'm SonicXtreme on steam.

my team isn't too far along though. i think my bestish lineup (well only like 8 deep since i don't need to waste contracts at this point) is rated like 77 off 56 def lololol

I think it's pretty obvious how I play...

Finding the same thing, layups were my bread and butter in previous 2K games. But in 2K15 I am nailing every other shot and not needing to execute layups to pad my score and hopefully boost my overall player grade.

My only negative so far is the game glitching whenever I change the camera view, the picture jumps around wildly and can only be fixed by quitting and restarting the game (as in ALT-F4 then reloading the game itself).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Shooting is terrible in HoF difficulty.

dunking is like a rare magic dodo as well. I went back to pro and my SG rarely dunk.

now I just spam midrange jumpers like crazy, getting 35, 45, 39 in three matches in a row with tons of assists ( but the team still loses all three matches because of the zombie ai)

Anyone here have 90+ rating on layups and still miss? because I keep put points to it thinking the easy layups I keep shooting wont miss but if it still does might as well level something else, I miss at least 10 or more easy layups a game at rating 85.

It's because the offensive consistency rating is stuck at 50 because 2K either forgot or chose not to include it in the upgradable attributes (I think they forgot because defensive consistency is upgradable under defence.)

So you have a rookie's offensive consistency with a star's shooting rating. You will miss easy shots like a rookie because of this.

It's funny. Everytime I watch those Chris Smoove videos his teammates are actually playing well. They are are actually making throws.

But when I play MyCareer they do the same shit you guys are talking about haha.

I love when they have the ball in their hands and just stand there.

He runs plays that's why.

You either do that or you put the team on your back and carry them its the way mycareer has been from day 1.

I don't pass and never will.

Jonm1010

Banned
It's because the offensive consistency rating is stuck at 50 because 2K either forgot or chose not to include it in the upgradable attributes (I think they forgot because defensive consistency is upgradable under defence.)

So you have a rookie's offensive consistency with a star's shooting rating. You will miss easy shots like a rookie because of this.
Wow that is some serious bullshit. Bet it never gets patched either.

This is a random question but does anybody ever get attribute upgrades/badges...if they've played a game but had to save and quit at some point?

So I started the season, after 3 games, I got one extra attribute point. So I started keeping track of the number of games played/simulated. I played 6 more, got nothing. I save and quit in all of those. I simmed the next 5, then played one match, and got one extra attribute point (at 79 now)

So....maybe it means every 7 matches you complete, you get a point?

I guess I'll find out in 7 games :-/ lol

those little Splash brothers sweeped me out of the playoffs in Rd 1 even though I had A's in every game and was with the Rockets.
They seem like the showtime lakers or 96 Bulls.
Steph and Klay shooting % in the 60s-70s, Bogut and Iggy are monsters on D, David Lee a monster on the block.

Top Bottom