• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Smokey likes you. He's too cheap to pay to win when playing with his ps4 bros

Also, when I call plays, it still takes way too long for guys to get to spots, especially when there's off-ball action. Why do I need to wait to get the ball to the primary option till there's less than 10 on the clock every time because the AI is so slow

charsace

99% of the people think basketball is the highlight they see on espn. And since this isn't a highlight simulator like 2k15 was ball hogging and trying to stepback for a 3 on 2 defenders doesn't work. People are still trying though. Firing off offensive cards and then bricking stupid looking shots.

charsace

Yea already Legend 2s also. They can't have a life....

There are certain feats in games that when you see them you realize the person has no life. people who are legends already have to be playing a lot of this game.

I've seen 3 7ft pg in park, one was a legend. :(

Apollo

Banned
got so much play time and I will say this...this years game is the most cheesiest its ever been. 2K devs are full of shit when they said the AI would be smarter. The AI is completely horrible in this game. I've even checked on youtube to see if ppl were seeing the same thing I've been seeing then went to operation sports and see ppl complaining about the same sh!t I've been seeing. This is not basketball when the CPU makes your teammates lost and don't even know who to guard. Leaving players wide open for no damn reason. The CPU is also moving my players so they can score on me too. I'm seeing a crap load of problems that I can say i'm going back to 2K15 until this crap get's patched. Hell may end up going out getting NBA Live.

*EDIT*know what screw this game...I'm giving this game away after what just happened to me after I made this post and purchase when it's cheaper. The CPU was taking the ball out of bounds and i'm looking at the court and I see their wing man wide open. I'm like WTF...then realize I'm missing a player on the court. I pause the game to see where he's at and he's on the opposite side of sideline chillin. I'm done.

abuC

got so much play time and I will say this...this years game is the most cheesiest its ever been. 2K devs are full of shit when they said the AI would be smarter. The AI is completely horrible in this game. I've even checked on youtube to see if ppl were seeing the same thing I've been seeing then went to operation sports and see ppl complaining about the same sh!t I've been seeing. This is not basketball when the CPU makes your teammates lost and don't even know who to guard. Leaving players wide open for no damn reason. The CPU is also moving my players so they can score on me too. I'm seeing a crap load of problems that I can say i'm going back to 2K15 until this crap get's patched. Hell may end up going out getting NBA Live.

*EDIT*know what screw this game...I'm giving this game away after what just happened to me after I made this post and purchase when it's cheaper. The CPU was taking the ball out of bounds and i'm looking at the court and I see their wing man wide open. I'm like WTF...then realize I'm missing a player on the court. I pause the game to see where he's at and he's on the opposite side of sideline chillin. I'm done.

Tell me about it, the best example of your teammates messing up is against the Warriors. Everytime I play them no matter what I set off-ball pressure to on Draymond Green my PF will sag off him or just flat out leave him at the top of the key, no reason at all too. I'm guarding Curry on the ball, and my teammate just gives Draymond a 8 foot cushion regardless of the setting.

Gobert literally backed up to the basket stanchion and allowed Mozgov to score on a cut.

Apollo

Banned
Tell me about it, the best example of your teammates messing up is against the Warriors. Everytime I play them no matter what I set off-ball pressure to on Draymond Green my PF will sag off him or just flat out leave him at the top of the key, no reason at all too. I'm guarding Curry on the ball, and my teammate just gives Draymond a 8 foot cushion regardless of the setting.

Gobert literally backed up to the basket stanchion and allowed Mozgov to score on a cut.

caught that every time I played the Warriors and all teams that had a big that can shoot 3's. I would have to control the big and then in the same play one of my guys in the corner would head over in the paint for no damn reason and leave his man open.

I think most ppl are so busy playing Mycareer and not seeing the BS. I didn't notice all of it until I gave Mycareer a break and and started playing some real games against the CPU. Straight cheesing to try to win games. You know what... I'm actually starting to see why ppl said the game was scripted all these years. It's practically the same thing happening to everyone that sees these issues.

Smokey

Made it to the league in PlayNow Online ;_;

11224656_1688432771390213_1071657177640508887_o.jpg

Can now use historic teams in PlayNow. Time to resurrect 08 Tmac+Yao

Dammit 2K. Fix your damn game. I literally cannot get into the game now because it crashes on launch. Now I have to delete the game and redownload it on these slow PSN speeds.

abuC

caught that every time I played the Warriors and all teams that had a big that can shoot 3's. I would have to control the big and then in the same play one of my guys in the corner would head over in the paint for no damn reason and leave his man open.

I think most ppl are so busy playing Mycareer and not seeing the BS. I didn't notice all of it until I gave Mycareer a break and and started playing some real games against the CPU. Straight cheesing to try to win games. You know what... I'm actually starting to see why ppl said the game was scripted all these years. It's practically the same thing happening to everyone that sees these issues.

I got into a sim league so hopefully they don't exploit these kind of things, on OS most of the posters just kiss 2k devs ass so any kind of criticism to the game is almost always contested.

Made it to the league in PlayNow Online ;_;

Can now use historic teams in PlayNow. Time to resurrect 08 Tmac+Yao

Yao is a damn cheat code lol

Holy SHIT the story is painfully bad. I'm skipping all cutscenes from now on. That scene where your best friend is like I BROUGHT YOU HEAR, ME!! in the car, a 15 minute fucking scene... Awful. He was rapping for 2 minutes straight over the song.

CD'S BAR

They need to change the matchmaking for online.

I keep picking tier 2 and tier 3 teams and getting matched with GSW and Cavs every time, and then the only way to leave without taking a loss, since those are bullshit matchups, is to close and reopen the application. At least give an option to search for a new opponent when you see that they've paired you with an unfair matchup.

abuC

They need to change the matchmaking for online.

I keep picking tier 2 and tier 3 teams and getting matched with GSW and Cavs every time, and then the only way to leave without taking a loss, since those are bullshit matchups, is to close and reopen the application. At least give an option to search for a new opponent when you see that they've paired you with an unfair matchup.

Same, I think I've used a tier 1 team twice and that was when I got the game, since then it's been all Kings, Bucks and Magic and my reward is a never ending stream of LeBron.

Clevinger

Having Kawhi on my team actually hurts our defense... o_O If the opposing team has a half-decent point guard, then the AI has Kawhi defend them and I (a little PG) have to defend small forwards. And since I play on Hall of Fame, he barely gets any steals or blocks because the AI is god so there isn't even that benefit from him.

Ok fuck 2K. I went ahead and tried all suggestions I could find on the Internet. I reinitialized my ps4, unplugged my ps4 camera, all that. Game still crashes. Won't even get past the start up screen. All my other digital games work fine. Sigh. I'm not sure if this is a digital problem or what but I obviously can't buy physical at this point when I have a digital copy that probably isn't refundable.

I sent in a support ticket to 2K but I'm pretty sure they're gonna BS their way and say it's a Sony problem. And then Sony will say it's my system.

zychi

Banned
Ok fuck 2K. I went ahead and tried all suggestions I could find on the Internet. I reinitialized my ps4, unplugged my ps4 camera, all that. Game still crashes. Won't even get past the start up screen. All my other digital games work fine. Sigh. I'm not sure if this is a digital problem or what but I obviously can't buy physical at this point when I have a digital copy that probably isn't refundable.

I sent in a support ticket to 2K but I'm pretty sure they're gonna BS their way and say it's a Sony problem. And then Sony will say it's my system.
restore licenses? Delete your profile and reinstall?

I love doing fantasy drafts with legends 4th overall got me...

Irving
Wade (prime)
Worthy
Rodman (young)
Muntumbo

Bench: manimal, Calderon, asik, Finley and some decent backup.

restore licenses? Delete your profile and reinstall?

Tried everything. Nothing works. However, I will say I may have done the initializing wrong so I am doing that again. I initialized the PS4 without reinstalling the firmware (apparently you can do that) so let's hope it works this time. Otherwise, I'm going to be furious.

Edit: tried it. Doesn't fucking work.

Coppanuva

Same, I think I've used a tier 1 team twice and that was when I got the game, since then it's been all Kings, Bucks and Magic and my reward is a never ending stream of LeBron.

I tried Play Now last night, literally the first team I played against was the Cavs. I was the Mavs, man that was a satisfying win (only by 4 points, but hey I'll take it when they keep rushing with Lebron).

Are quick matches in 2k even fun, what kind of cheese gets pulled?

Part of me wants to scratch the itch of controlling a team but I don't like having to deal with silly shit. I'm actually ok playing the CPU on HOF Sim because a lot of the times, shit works the way it should if you know the players.

Coppanuva

Are quick matches in 2k even fun, what kind of cheese gets pulled?

Part of me wants to scratch the itch of controlling a team but I don't like having to deal with silly shit. I'm actually ok playing the CPU on HOF Sim because a lot of the times, shit works the way it should if you know the players.

I had fun with it when I tried it once (granted, may have been cause I won). It may depend a lot on who you play on how much cheese gets pulled. Early on it's definitely beatable though. I've heard a lot of people get cheesed on from a never-ending set of Cavs and Warriors though.

After reading the last few pages on this thread, I'm glad I didn't get fooled again. Seems like it's as broken as ever.

And what exactly did you read that is broken?

Don't mistake people being bad/new at the game with it being broken...the only thing that's broken is Pro-AM.

---Anything that "Charsace" writes, take with a grain of salt.

Wade 4th overall seems high.... Who else was there to choose from?

Quite a few good players just really wanted to try him and he just does not miss he's unreal.

Started another which I'm gonna use for at least one whole season got 2nd pick this time...

Cassel - Holiday as strong contender to start
Jordan (young) second pick!
Dr J (younger) first
Randolph - Kersey backup.
Muntumbo

This team feels so damn good, great backup also.

And what exactly did you read that is broken?

Don't mistake people being bad/new at the game with it being broken...the only thing that's broken is Pro-AM.

---Anything that "Charsace" writes, take with a grain of salt.
Transition AI, unreliable servers and poor defense have bothered me for years. It doesn't seem to have gotten better. That and a shitty pc port (again).

Transition AI, unreliable servers and poor defense have bothered me for years. It doesn't seem to have gotten better. That and a shitty pc port (again).

And these are all wrong so try again. Defense is so tight, people are complaining because its not easy to cheese pass them like previous games. Pro- Am is the only mode having some sort of server matchmaking issues but MyPark has virtually none and has been running well for weeks. Transition AI works fine and better than all 2Ks behind it with the defense actually boding up on drives and decent outside and inside defense. Even screens are better.
As stated before, you are strictly using people annoyances about the game (because perhaps they sucks) as some overall consensus of the entire game, which is wrong. I'll give you the shitty PC port tho. Maybe try playing it yourself?

GRaider81

Pc port is really good for me. Running it on ultra at 1440p and having no probs.

Loving the game, having real good fun with the bulls in my GM

Sami+

... You know, I should have asked here before I impulse bought on PSN, but uh. This game has a good tutorial right? lol. Last time I played a basketball game was... 1998? And I don't really know the names of any of the moves either.

... You know, I should have asked here before I impulse bought on PSN, but uh. This game has a good tutorial right? lol. Last time I played a basketball game was... 1998? And I don't really know the names of any of the moves either.

There really isn't a tutorial per se. There are videos that tell you what to do but it's obviously better to do them hands on. So there aren't any hands on tutorials, you'll just have to go into practice mode and try everything out yourself.

Sami+

There really isn't a tutorial per se. There are videos that tell you what to do but it's obviously better to do them hands on. So there aren't any hands on tutorials, you'll just have to go into practice mode and try everything out yourself.

oh jeez

welp I already dropped 60 bucks lets go

Here are some tips that detail the new advanced controls that may help.

NBA 2K16 Tips: Passing With New Advanced Controls

NBA 2K16 Tips: How to Score with Pick and Roll

Thanks!

abuC

I tried Play Now last night, literally the first team I played against was the Cavs. I was the Mavs, man that was a satisfying win (only by 4 points, but hey I'll take it when they keep rushing with Lebron).

I've beaten a lot of Tier 1 teams with lesser teams, but it gets old after awhile because you're always playing on a razors edge and if the other guy has a clue how to use the team it can get ugly fast.

abuC

After reading the last few pages on this thread, I'm glad I didn't get fooled again. Seems like it's as broken as ever.

It's not broken really, there are exploits with certain players (Harden, Westbrook, LeBron, KD) surprisingly not a lot of people use the Warriors because Stephs shot is really hard to use in online games, his release is so quick and the lag throws it off.

You can beat people who use really good teams while using lesser teams which wasn't the case last year, and I've had some enjoyable games, especially in the sim league I'm in.

Sigh I really wish I could be playing right now. My only hope is the new patch fixes this issue since I'm not the only one getting these crashing issues. I swear I send like 10 reports a day.

Edit: so apparently 2K is being super shady. People said they have been getting ignored with support, over a week without a response. If this is a real issue, and it is, it needs to be addressed.

I found an old fix in 2K14 that I'm going to try. In that one, you had to remove all your accessories and what not so I'm going to try that. It might work since it seems like the issues seem like they have to do with tattoos and face scan.

And these are all wrong so try again.
As stated before, you are strictly using people annoyances about the game (because perhaps they sucks) as some overall consensus of the entire game, which is wrong. I'll give you the shitty PC port tho. Maybe try playing it yourself?
1. Don't be a dick. 2. It's their opinion, that's what they think. Could be wrong, could be right. 3. I avoid playing possible broken, thus I haven't yet played it.
It's not broken really, there are exploits with certain players (Harden, Westbrook, LeBron, KD) surprisingly not a lot of people use the Warriors because Stephs shot is really hard to use in online games, his release is so quick and the lag throws it off.

You can beat people who use really good teams while using lesser teams which wasn't the case last year, and I've had some enjoyable games, especially in the sim league I'm in.
Hmmm, good to hear. Thanks.

That fix I mentioned didn't work so I'm just done.

I just got off the support line with Playstation and they issued me a refund. The guy, or girl, didn't even question me when I said I've tried all possible solutions and that the game still didn't work. And they say Playstation has terrible CS.

Anyway, I'm really going to have a 2K itch and playing solo on PC might not scratch that itch since my friends play on PS4, but then again, I really only play offline and then PC does kinda offer trainers for me to "get back" all that VC I just lost on PS4...

I'm not spending another second playing my career trying to get off days in the gym

For a few times now, I've looked at my schedule and picked out what games to play, and I'll play all of the games that have two to three off days after. A few times I would get somewhere and then think "huh, did my progress meter not move?" And this happened again last night when I figured I needed to do three more off days, and I got to the third day and suddenly I needed to do more again

So this morning I finally caught footage of the fuckery

http://youtu.be/xVREVs-03xk

Watch at the beginning, I am 2/5 there. And again at 3:00 where you can see I'm now 4/5...and as I sim games, it keeps knocking my progress back. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!?

Top Bottom