• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

I'm really enjoying GM mode compared to mycareer this year it just feels so restricted in terms of what your guy is capable of doing on the floor my guy is 90 with maxed athletic and can barely dunk in traffic.

Then I play GM mode where I have Jordan and Dr J... need I say anymore?

Blablurn

Is there anyway to make my teammates not play like shit in the defense?

especially in my career

so many open threes for the opponents. its ridiculous.

im playing on hall of fame.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
12095294_10106771005292990_2296512941220232419_o.jpg

12132513_10106771005312950_5469234608217641577_o.jpg

Lol that's hilarious! Good to see pro am is working for ya'll! Zep was saying it's really smooth. Surprising since this is 2k after all

Rocking a dream warriors team of steph curry, klay thompson and chris mullin. Somehow the CPU assistant also got dell curry on my team. 3 pointers everywhere.

I was sure I could hear 'something' when the audio was low or even cut out during the game. Low and behold... the 2KTV thingy intro audio is looping REALLY low in the audio mix during MyPlayer Menus. Like REALLY low. Only heard it when headphones on.

EDIT

Correction: MyPlayer PHONE Menu.

Sweet, new PS4 update got my game working again. Only problem is that I already got my refund from Sony. I believe my license was revoked so if I were to delete the game, I wouldn't be able to download again, but I can still play it for some reason. Oh well.

Time to get back into MyCareer and get those stats up for the park.

charsace

Are the Rough riders winning on PS4? On the X1 they are winning even though sunset has great perks because it seems like every scrub has jumped to Sunset.

What's the consensus around here? Worth the pick-up? I picked up '14, but never '15. Is it a nice jump or should I grab '15 on the super cheap?

I have GCU for dat 20% savings goodness, too.

What's the consensus around here? Worth the pick-up? I picked up '14, but never '15. Is it a nice jump or should I grab '15 on the super cheap?

I have GCU for dat 20% savings goodness, too.

I skipped 15 and 14 was my first 2k game since dreamcast. Loved 14, played the shit out of the mycareer mode. 16 is fucking awesome. The gameplay is great and there are so many more options to play around with. Going from 14 to 16 is a huge upgrade.

Are the Rough riders winning on PS4? On the X1 they are winning even though sunset has great perks because it seems like every scrub has jumped to Sunset.

Rivet City is owning on PSN. We have won two out of the first three matchups. The motivation is there because our park is dogshit compared to Old Town and Sunset. We wanna win a park that doesn't look like a sewer.

abuC

Enjoying the sim league I'm in but it's sort of dying down now, it's an on-ball league so the team I put together has a lot of athletes and guys with good perimeter defensive ratings. I have a lot of trouble scoring though, it seems like it's really difficult for PGs that are under 6'3" to score. I had Ty Lawson (CPU drafted him) and traded him for Kyle Lowry for that A rating perimeter defense and Lowry cannot finish at the rim even though that's one of his strengths, on the other hand Jordan Clarskon is 6'4" and he's my second leading scorer even though he's not as good as Lowry.

abuC

Just had a really fun game on Pro-Am as a walk on, we were down 13 at the end of the 3rd and 3 of my teammates quit and I was left with a PG that wouldn't really pass but we chipped away at the lead. I must say I absolutely love my undersized PF more than my center, I can't make jumpers for some reason even though he's Outside and Maxed out in that department, but outside of that it's so much fun to play using him over my center. I had a couple of defensive rebounds that led to me going coast to coast cause the SG defending me just bounced off me, they gave me 85 strength and 99 block at 6'7" lol.

back to back game ending plays
LXEpYUz4huvpm.gif

2v3edeYktUuJi.gif

I still need to get his rebounding up to max, and would like to work on playmaker so I can be like Sir Charles and grab the defensive board and push the break. Especially since I get put at small forward and sometimes shooting guard, those guys struggle to take me off the dribble and I can grab boards over them and post them up.

So I'm going through my first season on pro in NHL 16 and I'm winning most games like 12-8. Is this normal?

I've owned nhl games since nhl 94 and never had scores like this regularly.

I do have the game type in arcade because I like the quicker acceleration and skating, perhaps that is the reason?

Made it to the 10th game in Gauntlet and the guy quit so I didn't get the achievement for completing it. What really sucks is I didn't even have to win, just complete the game.

A guy I know has been having a lot of trouble connecting to a game. He uses an Xbox One that's plugged into a gateway modem, but when he's not getting into a game at all, he's getting kicked out a few minutes into a match. We've reset/rebooted the modem and Xbox, toggled the UPnP and Firewall, unplugged the Xbox, etc. He keeps getting an error code that consists of a seemingly random alphanumberic series that tells him he can't connect to the server. Been going on for several days now.

Is there anything else we can try, or could this have something to do with the servers themselves?

I think I broke the space time continuum in MyPark. Every player went invisible and our past actions were delayed and showed up instead of us. Maybe a hack?

Pachimari

It is insanely overwhelming just reading the OT, for somebody like me, who isn't much into basket but really want to get into it.

I recently played as Real Madrid against my cousin in NBA 2K14 and I totally digged it. Some really cool animations, atmosphere and shots. I just don't understand basic rules.

And I don't know where to watch basket games live online, as they don't show it on television in my country.

jwhit28

Have any updates improved the PC version's performance? Is it still a stuttering mess as described by some earlier in the thread?

Clevinger

Have any updates improved the PC version's performance? Is it still a stuttering mess as described by some earlier in the thread?

It's always run buttery smooth for me. Though I've got a 970.

IMO, it's a great port. It just sucks that mypark is a ghost town.

badgermole

Neo Member

It runs essentially identically to 2K15 for me (i5 3570, 8gb RAM, Radeon HD 7850 2GB vid card). I left almost everything at default, which was High quality textures and 4x AA. I bumped the crowd down to Medium, as that seemed to give the largest benefit for the smallest visual sacrifice.

Steam's FPS counter says I get rock-solid 60 during actual gameplay, dipping down to 45 or so during player closeups and such. Some of the pre- and post- game stuff can also dip down into the 30s or 40s. I always turn off the after-basket cut-scenes and button through the studio stuff anyway, so it doesn't affect me.

abuC

Is there something I can do to make the AI on my team not switch when defending pick and rolls?

Jump the screens and try to go over them, when the CPU sets a pick I almost always bump the ball handler and go over them. My teammate will almost always switch and not recover to his man if I go under them.

Disabling the other type of v-sync (Can't remember what it is, Im not infont of my PC, dynamic v-sync I think) under the in-game settings solved it for me. Made the cut scenes stutter a bit though but gameplay is all smooth.

Top Bottom