• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Is the Jordan edition worth getting? It is super expensive and I haven't had a NBA 2K title before.

I got the digital version, and it was nice to have those extra VC to spend, but I didn't care for the virtual items. Plus, the MyTeam card packs are up to the god's what you'll get.

abuC

v7ppFq99qxvMI.gif

ph33nix with the ice water running through his veins!

Ryne

Is this game running fine on PC? Or are there issues?

The game is fine on the PC for the most part.

I do get stuttering when the scoreboard shows up between periods, and some of the post play cuts. I also get a guaranteed crash if I stay on the 2KTV menu for about 2 seconds then try to move over to a new mode.

Other than that, the game is pretty stable and runs pretty well (I'm on an OC'd i7 2600K with a 980Ti and 16 GB ram on Win 10)

abuC

ph33nix, right after you left we played the number 1 team in Pro-Am, cheese central. They had 3 PGs that were basically flying all over the court, stripping the CPU PG and shooting from 30 feet out.

abuC

Playing as a walk on in Pro-Am is such a terrible experience if you're not a PG, it's really a roll of the dice and often you end up with people who are absolute ballhogs. This gif sums up the 2k16 walk-on experience in a nutshell

DX8ivM9jvpl6M.gif

That guy was so thirsty to shoot and miss that he called for the ball even though the CPU player was under the rim with a wide open shot, this guy had taken 13 shots in the first quarter of which he made 2. I started to run the offense by getting rebounds and just icing him out of the game since I also was the inbounder.

Tubobutts

Does anyone know if protected picks exist in MyGM? I just started with the Lakers and am wondering if my pick goes to Philly no matter what or if it's top three protected like in real life.

Does anyone know if protected picks exist in MyGM? I just started with the Lakers and am wondering if my pick goes to Philly no matter what or if it's top three protected like in real life.

No matter what I beleive.

In my fantasy draft they still get the pick no matter what.

Ended up with pick 20 and 22 flipped them and Sam Cassel for the 3rd overall who turned out to be a 75 PF with insane potential.

They've really gotta fix the fact that nobody plays 48 minutes a game.

If it says I'm a 38 minute player, keep it at that. Hell, I don't even want 38 or 39.

abuC

I looked at PistolPetes league and I may not be able to play in that lol, I picked the Grizz and am glossing over the stats and the average league pace is like 120, and the Cavs are scoring 100ppg in the paint. Doesn't seem to be any fatigue, guys playing full 40 all over the place.

I looked at PistolPetes league and I may not be able to play in that lol, I picked the Grizz and am glossing over the stats and the average league pace is like 120, and the Cavs are scoring 100ppg in the paint. Doesn't seem to be any fatigue, guys playing full 40 all over the place.

I've barely paid any attention to it lol, tried to get some games in but never works out

Don't think I can pro-AM tonight though cause I'm busy and I have procrastinated doing some work that needs to get done by tomorrow :(

abuC

I've barely paid any attention to it lol, tried to get some games in but never works out

Don't think I can pro-AM tonight though cause I'm busy and I have procrastinated doing some work that needs to get done by tomorrow :(

There are 2 teams averaging more than 150ppg LOL

Been playing MyCareer at my cousins house. Didn't take long to take Rubio's spot.

Really wish I could play on my own system but I'm starting to think its specifically my system that's at fault. Just doesn't like 2k16. Or maybe it threw in some bad code because I tried those stimulus package glitches a few times to no success and 2K did some voodoo magic to blow up my game. I can play fine on a different system tho.

abuC

This league is kind of annoying, you're not allowed to jump passing lanes when plays are running, and everyone runs money plays where the CPU defender gets baffled by an off the ball screen and doesn't even attempt to get around it.

anddo0

I choose the 76ers in free agency and the dialog is hilarious.. LMFAO@ Freak for associating the 76ers with winning.

When does my character lose his braces?

So my 2K is working again. Had a few good hours in MyPark. Decided to jump into MyCareer. Crash.

Patch 3 is supposedly on the way. Really hope they address this issue.

Yeesh that freaking sucks...by the way a reinstall for me did the trick :-/

That doesn't work for me unfortunately. I think my progression of the bug is significantly worse than most people.

My theory on the bug is that it has something to do with the gameplay. It always crashes in a game.

So, I bought a new PS4 just to play 2K (not really but my system was getting kinda loud anyway) and so far works with no problems. There's a PS4 update, kinda wish I waited but whatever. It may or may not have fixed it.

Please, send your prayers to all those affected by this terrible, terrible bug.

Also, no C in the park = auto loss. SF is the worst position in the game imo as far as individual characters go. You really can't be elite offensively and that's obviously important when it comes to matchups. Defensively, you're too slow to guard the wing (pg or SG) and you're too short to be a playing the post against those 7'3 monsters. In a team environment, the position works.

And can people let go of the turbo button? Jesus Christ, random teammate sliding across the court, overplaying his man with the zig zag cheese getting burnt for the wide open three. Release the trigger!

Interesting discovery made by OS member mauro78 the CPU gameplay is nerfed on Defense and Coaches calling plays on offense and defense. You will not get to see Adaptive Coaching Engine(ACE) because by default they are set to MANUAL. Changing this setting comes at a cost, you will not earn VC, once you change these things to auto for you and the CPU, what you will get is a more intelligent game a much smarter game, something they promised with ACE in the blog.

This discovery came after we were notified that a massive patch #3 is coming. So all that info gathering Visual Concepts did to make this patch was just a few clicks away by going to the "GAME PLAN" screen and changing Double Teams from Manual to AUTO and Coaches calling plays from Manual to AUTO.

I made a quick video so you can see how the game changes exponentially with a few clicks. Again you will not earn VC when you do this but you will play a better brand of basketball. It doesn't fix all the issues but it does resemble NBA basketball and not just basketball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtqux5VIirE

From the Blog

THE ADAPTIVE COACHING ENGINE

This engine allows the AI to dynamically and progressively adapt to you, the gamer, as you play in your Exhibition, Season, and Playoff games. For the first time ever, each player is treated differently depending on the team, score and situation.

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...tt-ogallagher/

Justified

Patch 3 is out now on PS4

GENERAL
Added support to view the uniform your opponent selects prior to starting a Play Now Online game.
Flip Saunders patch added to Minnesota Timberwolves uniforms.
A number of accuracy-based improvements have been made to classic team uniforms (07-08 Celtics, 99-00 Raptors, 05-06 Heat, etc.)
A number of improvements have been made with the 2KTV viewing experience. Make sure and watch the latest episode for your chance to earn some easy VC!
Improved the results of face scanning.
Primary Jersey and Primary Shorts colors are now used to determine both accessory and sock colors when using custom-built uniforms.
Certain materials were not properly appearing on user-edited shoes; this should be resolved.
Fixed an issue where users would not join the Locker Room when accepting an invite while playing in a MyCAREER game.
Corrected a disconnect issue that could happen when pausing and unpausing the game during online play.
Fixed an issue in MyTEAM where players/items from the 99-00 Blazers were returning when searching for the Timberwolves in the Auction House.
GAMEPLAY
Resolved an issue where too much stamina would recover during timeouts (giving the effect that players never tired).
Finally resolved an issue where players would not sweat appropriately in longer quarter lengths.
Fixed a rare case where you would be unable to dismiss the quick sub menu when attempting to make a substitution.
Found a case where the camera would be pointing towards the crowd at the tip-off of an overtime game.
Corrected the Free Throw Difficulty slider, which was flipped. Make sure to update your custom sliders if you accounted for this on your end already.
Outdoor sound effects should no longer play in indoor environments after having previously played a MyTEAM Gauntlet game.
Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will have their playable status updated once the diagnosis is complete.
Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will correctly suffer from the effects of the actual injury.
Players who pick up short term injuries (lasting only minutes long) should now have them properly removed when the remaining duration reaches zero during a game.
Tuned the ‘hold ball too long’ event in the teammate grade logic to be a little more forgiving.
Fixed an issue where you could be awarded ‘good foul’ in your teammate grade when fouling a three-point shooter.
We no longer give an ‘allow offensive rebound’ teammate grade penalty after blocking an opponent’s shot.
Addressed a movement issue that would cause players to twitch while in Deny states.
Referees should no longer twitch during free throws.
Pass receivers are now less likely to veer away from the basket to catch a pass.
Improved CPU logic for when they should and should not use alley-oop passes.
Reduced the defensive impact of defenders who are on their way down after a block attempt.
Fixed a very rare case where a free throw shot would launch toward the wrong basket.
Tuned body-up system to prevent sub-par defenders from being overly effective at stopping the ball handler.
Fixed a frequent hitch in the dribble system seen when branching into certain dribble collisions.
Tightened up ‘crowded’ dribble launches to prevent unwanted hesitations when attempting to drive to the basket.
Fixed post-up double dribble and travel (pivot) issues.
Tuned down excessive flopping being performed by AI players.
Addressed the issue of ‘camping’ in MyPARK games by: 1) Disabling the set screen button within 6 feet of the basket, 2) Allowing users to initiate off-ball contact with screen setters near the rim, and 3) By adding offensive 3 seconds rule to half court games.
Fixed a case that was causing passers to stop to throw a pass in the backcourt.
Tuned the dribble system in order to tone down the effectiveness of behind-the-back dribble moves and ‘zig-zagging’ back and forth to get open.
Improvements made to alley-oop defense.
Fixed an issue that would prevent some contact layups from respecting the user’s desired finish direction.
Reduced the frequency of unwanted contested shot fadeaways.
Tweaks to errant pass frequency when passing out of double teams and contact shots.
Made dive for loose balls more accurate and more likely to acquire the ball.
Swapped out ‘Normal 13’ jump shot pullups per community feedback.
Made low-rated shot blockers less accurate and capped their jumping verticals.
Made decisions by the CPU to steal a pass more reasonable through tuning the frequencies in certain situations.
Improvements to double team logic.
Increased the difficulty in stealing the ball from post players.
Improvements to logic system for when ‘ankle breakers’ should play and when they should not play.
Fixed an issue in which points would not count for shots that go in after a flagrant foul call (i.e. And-1 on flagrants).
Fixed a MyTEAM post move score exploit by better defining post shot scenarios.
Added jam ups to spin layups to prevent the offense from barreling through heavy traffic.
Improved CPU logic for when to hustle back in transition defense.
Added a pop-up overlay to let the user know when the Adaptive Coaching Engine is changing their freelance offense.
Adjusted freeland motion cut times and fixed an issue with swing freelance starting positions.
Adjusted stationary hop jumper shooting percentages to make them a more viable option on offense.
Tuned back the frequency of missed dunks in traffic.
Fixed an issue where if someone called for an icon pick and got interrupted by a stealing defender, the ball handler was previously unable to pass the ball by any means for the remainder of the possession.
Improvements to help defense and rotation logic.
MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
You now have the ability to design an ‘Away’ uniform for your Pro-Am team. The appropriate uniform will be worn depending on if your team is Home or Away for the current game.
The correct overall rating for your MyPLAYER will now be shown on the Pro-Am loading screen.
Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
Accolades will now unlock based on your performances in custom arena Pro-Am games.
A number of fixes have been applied to improve lineup building during the Pro-Am.
Made CPU players that take over for quitting users less effective in Pro-Am.
A Pro-Am game will end immediately with a win if all opposing players have quit out of the game.
‘Quit’ deterrents have been added to deter users from quitting out of Pro-Am games. Too many quits will result in the short term inability to play the mode.
Removed the 10-second delay that would occur before the start of a game to 21 in MyPARK.
Fixed an issue with the squad countdown timer displaying incorrectly when traveling between parks.
Users can no longer celebrate when their opponent scores in 21.
Camera flashes should no longer be seen in empty custom-arena matches. Progress further in your MyCAREER to draw more people to your Pro-Am games!
Fixed a very rare issue where some users were reporting a hang when exiting their MyPARK.
The ball should no longer get stuck to your MyPLAYER when celebrating in the park.
Corrected an issue where some users were not receiving the correct amount of VC after winning a MyPARK Ante-Up game.
Fixed an issue where stats would sometimes show as incorrect in the Game Recap following a Pro-Am game.
Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to travel back to their home parks at the end of Rival Days due to travel restrictions.
A large number of other MyPARK performance fixes and enhancements have been made to improve the overall experience.
MyCAREER/MyCOURT
Fixed an issue where certain store rewards (from Connections) weren’t saving upon unlocking. Previously unlocked items should again show up as owned items.
Added support for crowd members to hold up ‘big head’ posters of your MyPLAYER.
Users should now start seeing ‘photobombs’ again once they reach their second NBA season in MyCAREER.
Custom code added to prevent very similar shades of white/grey/black uniforms from being matched up automatically as part of the ‘alternate uniform night’ feature. This logic also applies to the MyGM/MyLEAGUE modes.
Fixed a MyCAREER issue where your contact could inadvertently change after being traded between two teams.
Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER.
Reduced the max amount of scheduled minutes your MyPLAYER can get to 38 (pro-rated) minutes. Actual playtime can vary based on game conditions, of course.
MyPLAYERs who have retired from their NBA careers can now access their MyCOURTs.
When not participating in a MyCOURT scrimmage, users can now freely walk around. Have fun.
The game will no longer hang when attempting to equip the skateboard from the 2K Sports Store while in your MyCOURT.
Sock length is now customizable for your MyPLAYER via the 2K Sports store.
MyGM/MyLEAGUE
Tuned the fair market value for players; teams should now be signing players for the appropriate amount of money.
Improved negotiation options when negotiating with Staff.
Generated prospects should now have their own unique jumpshot animations, free throw animations, and signature size-ups. Note that this particular change will only work on GMs/LEAGUEs started post-patch.
Improved support of the NBA’s new tie-breaker rules for Playoff seeding.
Teams are now less likely to trade away newly signed players, specifically those signed to longer contracts.
The League Realignment option will now appear during every offseason in MyLEAGUE, even if a team was not relocated during the current season.
Location/Team-specific crowd chants have now been disabled for relocated teams (as they no longer apply).
Support has been added for users who wish to use position lock with multiple controllers.
Added playcalling support during Scrimmages.
If a user has relocated or rebranded a team with new uniforms, those uniforms will be used for Summer League/Scrimmage/Freestyle rather than the team’s current practice uniforms.
Players with the ‘Force 6th Man’ option turned on will no longer complain about wanting to be starters (and their expectation are adjusted accordingly).’
Fixed an issue where changing your uniform for a Summer League game would result in the game being played in a non-Summer League environment.
Injuries are now turned off during the Hoops Summit game in the offseason.
Fixed a hang that could occur when jumping out of a game and into SimCast.
Taking an invalid gameplan into a SimCast game will no longer cause the game to hang.
Fixed an issue where hot spot player tendencies would get overwritten after changing them and leaving the Edit Player menu.
Corrected an issue when using Player Lock where users would sometimes control all players, rather than just their own.
Copying/Pasting/Deleting of gameplans should now function properly in MyLEAGUE Online.
Trade Notifications in MyLEAGUE Online will now properly be deleted after being handled by the user.
(PS4) Sony’s invite system can now be used to invite users to your MyLEAGUE Online.
Corrected an issue that would cause the game to stutter during a MyLEAGUE Online fantasy draft when the timer would run out with auto-draft enabled.
The calendar now displays scheduled user games when one falls on the same day as the Player Re-signing deadline.
Fixed an issue where ‘Standing Shot Close’ would sometimes be errantly displayed multiple times in the Training Camp Results overlay.
Added ‘Normalize Played to Sim Minutes’ and ‘Normalize Played to Sim Stats’ to MyGM settings. Give them a try.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (unless specifically noted otherwise).

Is it me or has the HoF cheese gotten worse. I play my usual game, triple double status but then all of a sudden the cpu starts electric sliding across the court, intercepting my passes, making difficult lay ups with and 1s, make tightly contested jumpers, and we can't even make a dimer boosted open midrange or layup. It's getting frustrating but I can't bring myself to lower the difficulty.

Nyx

Got this yesterday for PS4 by trading The Witcher 3 for it.

Tried to scan my face just to see how bad it would be ingame but it failed everytime I needed to turn my face, should I try again or is it not worth it? (even for a laugh)

Also it seems there's no defense tutorial this time around? Cause I know how to pass and shoot and such, but on the defense I have no idea what I'm doing, any pointers or a link to a tutorial?

abuC

I figured out which Forward to use in each situation, as a stretch 4 the Small Forward is better when playing next to a big center because he's 6'9, the PF is better when playing with two stretch bigs because he can outrebound SFs and post them up.

jkh33

My Brother and I found a weird glitch while playing local co-op on the same team where both of our controls would locked on to one player each. We started playing and about 6 minutes in we would lose control of our guys and they just run out of bounds. Can't move, dribble or do anything. Any help or suggestions in what I should do would be appreciated. Thanks (PS4 digital copy)

stn

I may buy this today, would love a quick reply if possible!

Is there a franchise mode with fantasy draft? And does the game create a new rookie class after each season?

Am I crazy for liking the my career story? It's so well acted, I hope some of these guys and girls show up in future Spike Lee joints.

Yes it sucks that there is no agency in your rookie year, but besides that I think it got too much flak.

abuC

Most teams we play seem to be bad

Either that or we are like the very best

There's been an influx of new players since Black Friday, my guy is a demigod in the casual Pro Am mode, I'm working on my offensive game there lol.

When I made my guys I put all my points into defense first, except the little PG and I don't even use him yet.

abuC

Recruiting some tiny PGs for a funny game on Zamunda, I'm really curious how team of 5 small PGs would do, I found a 5'7" one that's a 97 and can dunk in traffic that is down to play. I need to find some more small guys to give it a shot, we'd get killed on the glass obviously but they'd just get putbacks for 2pts and we'd come down and take nothing but threes lol.

abuC

That sounds like an amazing idea. I was thinking of making a sharpshooter my next guy I guess he will be a midget!

It's pretty fun to use them to be honest, I'm only an 81 right now but his little ass gets anywhere on the court lol. I can't finish in the lane but I can get into the paint and everyone wants to block the little guys shot so they chase me in the paint.

A team of 5 small guys with 90+ speed and quickness could shred teams with ball movement and pushing off made baskets. The center and power forwards would always be forced to guard someone they have no chance with and I think we'd be able to swarm post players and recover to shooters

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Any Xbox leagues going on this year? Park? Pro-Am?
I don't care what we play. I skipped 2k the last couple of years and I'm loving this game now.

Top Bottom