• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC:Trump Calls for Investigation Into Tax Day Protesters,Tweets ‘Election Is Over!’

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
Courtesy NBC News.

NBC News said:
The president then followed up by repeating an unsubstantiated claim he's made before that some of the protesters against him were "paid," an allegation that became popular in some right-wing circles in the build up to the 2016 presidential election, before noting that the election was "over."

Trump himself used paid actors to pose as rally attendees during his campaign, and has talked at length about the election results since his victory while criticizing his former rival Hillary Clinton.

More than four months after winning the presidency, Trump continued to attack Clinton at a rally in Nashville, Tennessee, this March.

The Tax Day protesters called for Trump to release his tax returns — something nearly all major presidential candidates have done since the 1970s — and call on lawmakers to represent their interests over those of major corporations.

The President of the United States said:
I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?

The President of the United States said:
Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!

Guess the protests really struck a nerve.

Hazmat

It's one of the clearest-cut examples of his projection that he doesn't understand that you can get a big crowd without someone spending money on it.

Lkr

This is a personal plea to George Soros: I need some money, please pay me to be a "professional protestor" or to be a neogaf shill

he's never gonna release his taxes fwiw

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
THIS PR VOIRTEX OF MADNESS.

He makes Barbara Streisand look like a PR mastermind.

The protests went off, Trump was ensconced at Mar a Lago, unaffected. The press was talking about stupid garbage and antifa anarchy, and then Trump swivels the spotlight RIGHT BACK TO HIS OWN CHICANERY.

The headlines tomorrow will be about Trump projecting again.

Spicer. What are you even DOING?

gatti-man

This is a personal plea to George Soros: I need some money, please pay me to be a "professional protestor" or to be a neogaf shill

If the country gets loud enough they will get released somehow. I'm betting between now and when he leaves office we will see them.

Euron

I second this, @ George Soros, please send me a couple thousand dollars and I'll go right outside Trump Tower for you. PM me if you need any bank info.

Trump himself used paid actors to pose as rally attendees during his campaign, and has talked at length about the election results since his victory while criticizing his former rival Hillary Clinton.

So fucking ashamed that this is our President.

Brought up again, lol, like the want for his tax returns magically disappeared. Shit, there's been several proposals in the house for force Trump to release his returns, but they keep getting block by GOP Reps (including my cunt of a Rep Diane Black from TN, the worthless piece of shit). It quieted down a lot about the Rachel Maddow snafu, but the want to see his full tax returns has never totally gone away.

The election is over... but Trump still makes claims against Hillary. Again, this is another example of "Do as I say, not as I do.." a saying the Republicans are pretty damn comfortable with.

Lautaro

So are we going to see Spicer and other sycophants trying to justify this like with the other lies? maybe have full panels in the mainstream media debating all day if what the president said had any merit? launch an investigation?

Because I would like to roll my eyes to anything Trump says but the bullshit tolerance in the US is really high these days.

He's never going to release them willingly no. It's either going to have to court ordered through legal action of some kind, or it's going to get leaked. I'm really surprised it's not been leaked already, to be honest. I figured after the '95 one leaked to the NYT we'd slowly start seeing more from wherever they got that from, but it went silence until that Maddow "leak" that made Trump look good more than anything. Kind of weird how the first one never really saw a follow up. Makes me really wonder.

It wouldn't matter if he did. He's demonstrated on multiple occasions that he is a corrupt, lying sack of shit and his supporters don't give a damn.

It's not his supporters we have to fight with anymore. It's congress. They need the paper trail.

"The election is over", says the pig fucker who lies about Obama wiretapping him, throws hissy fits over Hillary still, and keeps needing to have rallies to circle jerk him because he can't handle being literally the worst piece of shit president his country has ever seen.

So are we going to see Spicer and other sycophants trying to justify this like with the other lies? maybe have full panels in the mainstream media debating all day if what the president said had any merit? launch an investigation?

Because I would like to roll my eyes to anything Trump says but the bullshit tolerance in the US is really high these days.

Well, unfortunately, he's President. It sucks, but you have to take what the President says seriously even if you know it's the biggest crock of shit out there.

If we can take the House back in 2018, Democrats can take a vote to look up his taxes.

Lautaro

Well, unfortunately, he's President. It sucks, but you have to take what the President says seriously even if you know it's the biggest crock of shit out there.

No you don't. Everyone knows he's a liar by now, you should ask him for the receipts everytime he opens his mouth.

EDIT: wtf, I went back in time!

No you don't. Everyone knows he's a liar by now, you should ask him for the receipts everytime he opens his mouth.

EDIT: wtf, I went back in time!

I mean, yeah, you do. And he does get asked that, or at least his proxies do in the forms of Spicer and various other surrogates, and of course there is not evidence and it'll all be deflection and bullshit and etc. But regardless, he's the President. We have to pay attention to what he is saying and doing. This is, unfortunately, the consequence of electing a thin-skinned conspiracy nut.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How do Trump fans rationalize the fact that he has objectively lied about and now deliberately and obviously hiding something really bad in his taxes? In what way is that strong or swamp drainy?

And does the CIA or FBI need a warrant to examine them? What legal tools are available to examine them if there's probable cause? Campaign or Trump individually or both.

Projecting.jpg

The man is fucking clownshoes.

How do Trump fans rationalize the fact that he has objectively lied about and now deliberately hiding his taxes? In what way is that strong or swamp drainy?

They don't need to rationalize it because they don't care. Their team won.

But the ones that do try, generally say they wish he wouldn't act like a fool on the internet and wish he'd release his taxes BUT since he's doing such a good job, they can give him a pass.

So basically lip service.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!

I'm still waiting, Soros. > :/

Uzzy

I thought Trump won the popular vote too, once you take away all the illegals and rigging that went on. Seems pretty weak of him to fall back to 'muh electoral college'

How do Trump fans rationalize the fact that he has objectively lied about and now deliberately and obviously hiding something really bad in his taxes? In what way is that strong or swamp drainy?

And does the CIA or FBI need a warrant to examine them? What legal tools are available to examine them if there's probable cause? Campaign or Trump individually or both.

I'd say the FBI and/or CIA probably has access to them and we just don't know it, yet. If I were to guess.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, the election is over. Then why do you talk about how you won, and think you won by an EC landslide? You are the one that can't get over the election is over. You bring it up constantly.

Hazmat

He brings up that he won the election unprompted and then angrily states "The election is over!" He's never going to stop bringing it up because it's the only thing that he's done well. It's going to be his version of that time a guy took his high school football team to state.

Blader

The election is over, therefore anything talked about during the campaign should never be mentioned again. As I'm sure following the inauguration of a President Hillary Clinton, Trump wouldn't have dared speak another word about the Clinton Foundation or the DNC or the rigged election or Bernie's nomination being stolen or whatever the fuck else.

Goddammit, this motherfucker is tiring.

Ogodei

THIS PR VOIRTEX OF MADNESS.

He makes Barbara Streisand look like a PR mastermind.

The protests went off, Trump was ensconced at Mar a Lago, unaffected. The press was talking about stupid garbage and antifa anarchy, and then Trump swivels the spotlight RIGHT BACK TO HIS OWN CHICANERY.

The headlines tomorrow will be about Trump projecting again.

Spicer. What are you even DOING?

He can't not be the center of attention. It's heaven-sent, since we can only imagine what somebody this vile, but actually competent, would have achieved by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom