• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NC: White "Neighborhood Watch" Vigilante Kills 20 yo Black Man Returning from Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
So this happened Sunday and fox news hasn't attempted to assassinated his character yet?

I'm sure now that this is coming into spotlight they're hunting down any pics with him smoking, drinking, or holding up anything that looks like a gang sign.

This is really tragic. God I hope this fucker doesn't get away with this.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
"I'm going to secure my neighborhood. I'm on the neighborhood watch. I'm going to have the neighbors with me. There's hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It's 1 o'clock in the morning. There's several dozen of them. They have firearms, and we're going to secure our neighborhood. If I were you, I'd send PD as quickly as possible."
Asked if he can provide a house number or intersection, he says "Negative, ma'am. It's on Singleleaf, Raleigh, North Carolina. PD know where this is at."

PD know where this is at.

...what?

Probably will try to go for manslaughter so easier to convict rather than murder. We're in the age where the onus on the prosecution is huge. OJ, Casey Anthony, Zimmerman etc.

yea, I remember the jury didn't want to convict Zim of murder but where happy to go with manslaughter, but the prosecution pushed for murder and he got off.

Dai101

Banned
Good way to weed out terrible people.

Neighborhood watch has been a thing in America since the 60s and was a response to the rap e and murder of Kitty Genovese.

And yet no one gave a fuck while she was being stabbed to death in front of a lot of people.

What possible legal defense could they give him after that? Insanity plea?

He suffers from a mental condition that puts him in a rage like state. Is triggered by brown and black people. But definitely has nothing to do with racism because racism is bad.

Y'know what is the best thing ever?

Copley's lawyer, Raymond Tarlton, released a statement to CBS affiliate WNCN cautioning against a rush to judgment.

"We have seen too many wrongful convictions for anyone or any organization to jump to conclusions on the basis of someone being charged," the statement said. "We have just gotten involved and are at the beginning stages of our investigation. We urge restraint and that folks not rush to judgement. At this point we cannot say anything more."

This man is so blatantly guilty that his lawyer's best defense is this

post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Depends on the evidence, judge, jury etc. Probably will try to go for manslaughter so easier to convict rather than murder. We're in the age where the onus on the prosecution is huge. OJ, Casey Anthony, Zimmerman etc. Plus look at all the recent deaths. How many lead to actual successful prosecutions. As disheartening and as sad as it is to hear.

Hopefully they have solid forensics working already. Just crazy. They did prosecute the guy who killed the poor boy taking out his garbage so thers is hope justice will be served.
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, but I do hope this dude gets what's owed him.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Another fucking self-righteous murderer. Securing his fucking neighborhood, my ass. This psycho was just looking for an excuse to kill a black man.

Apathy

It's a neighborhood watch, not a vigilante squad. The fuck is wrong with you. You watch and report and meet others deal with it, you don't get involved because you have no authority.

Reminds me of the boondocks episode.

dabig2

Open and shut case of murder-1. 20 to life for this piece of shit.

RIP to the 20 year old. A young life ended over nothing.

ShyMel

Some kid just lost his life because of some paranoid racist. History tells me otherwise, but I hope the murderer does face prison time.

Bloomers

FUCK an neighborhood watch

Shit like this just keeps me wondering if one of these headlines is gonna be me one day. Nothing fucking changes

Koomaster

Surely this guy will be found guilty? This is so disturbing; guy was actively looking to murder black people. Life in prison, don't even fuck around on this, set an example for once.

Madness

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, but I do hope this dude gets what's owed him.

It isn't a bad thing if you think of justice as black or white. Where obviously with a history of bias, mistrial and unfairness in the justicr system has existed, but the costs, time, and actual evidence required now is so high that more and more criminals are let go each day. Either cases are very open and shut with the evidence just there, or it isn't and more and more cases are ending in acquittals or mistrials because it is very hard to prove. I can easily see them pushing for murder but you have to make sure the evidence is there beyond a reasonable doubt. "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove". But let's hope justice is done.

Yet another paranoid ass gun owner salivating at the opportunity to "defend his family" by killing other assumed criminal human beings.

Gun culture.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Not that I support George Zimmerman, but I feel like this man has even less of case than Zimmerman did! If the details reported in those news articles are accurate, it sounds like he just blind fired into a group of people on public property. That sounds straight up like murder.

Zimmerman is worse I think. He literally stalked an unarmed kid who tried to get away. He ignored police dispatchers instructions not to follow Martin.

And even if Martin started the physical altercation, he was standing his ground against a guy who followed him after he made every attempt to get out of the situation.

Gattsu25

Banned
Yet another death of an unarmed minority in America.

Thankfully, the police wasted no time going after premeditated murder on this one.

bman94

I’m going outside to secure my neighborhood.

That's the most infuriating quote I've heard in a while. He speaks as if it's a fucking war outside of his door. If he's not convicted of murder, God damn man...

Awful. What part of public property do they not understand. Unless someone is breaking and entering, mind your own fucking business.

This really scares me as I get off work at roughly 12:00-1:30 am and walk home through a pretty wealthy neighborhood(staying with a family who live in it)

Already have been questioned by the cops once, hopefully I don't get shot :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom