• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turnovers, free throws and freshman mistakes. Lots of work to do fellas.

Buckethead said:
Very ugly. Izzo looked pissed.
These commentators were making it out to be an epic comeback though.
It sort of was, though. SC didn't roll over and die down 17 at the half. They put on the press and played it tough. If they executed better they could have got the win.

mmxzero said:
This seems to happens all too often doesn't it? At least last year if I remember correctly, 2nd half complacency. Get that free throw % to where it should be and we should be able to breathe easier.
I haven't breathed in years, all part of being a Spartan :lol

Edit: And SportsCenter opens with Women's :lol

jjasper

Scotty Hopson is so terrible. Maybe he will get kicked off the team at some point this year. It is probably the only way this team will get any good.

Fatalah

Aesius

jjasper said:
Scotty Hopson is so terrible. Maybe he will get kicked off the team at some point this year. It is probably the only way this team will get any good.

Tobias Harris makes up for it.

But god damn do I miss J.P. and Chism.

McNei1y

Oh my god Maryland. We had that in the bag. 16 missed free throws? Holy shit. Gary needs to do something about that. That was a game we could've easily won if we made those free throws. We were getting so many chances/calls too. FML

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah good thing Terps derped from the line because we were doing everything possible short of moving out of the way of the basket to give that win away

Steve Lavin had the top recruiting class in the country numerous times at UCLA, sounds like St. Johns fans are happy with recruiting final fours, from what I have heard UCLA fans were more about actual final fours.

Proelite

So this is Ohio state's starting line-up size.

6'6" G Jon Diebler
6'6" G William Buford
6'5" SF David Lighty
6'9" PF Jared Sullinger
6'8" C Dallas Lauderdale.

6'6" F Thomas, Deshaun off the bench.

A team that's this tall in the backcourt/across the board is unfair. I think we need a NCAA investigation into this farce/violation.

Meanwhile, Duke and Kansas State subsists on a 4 out 1 in offense.

Michigan State has some balanced size.

6'8"/6'10", 6'6", 6'8", 6'4", 6'0"

Proelite said:

6'6" G Jon Diebler
6'6" G William Buford
6'5" SF David Lighty
6'9" PF Jared Sullinger

A team that's this tall in the backcourt/across the board is unfair. I think we need a NCAA investigation into this farce/violation.

Our lineup is so sick, its why we manhandled UF. We really lacked Height inside last year once Luderdale sat down, but now we have Jared. The big 10 shall be ours!!!! Mwhaaaaaaaaa

Proelite

bucknuticus said:
Our lineup is so sick, its why we manhandled UF. We really lacked Height inside last year once Luderdale sat down, but now we have Jared. The big 10 shall be ours!!!! Mwhaaaaaaaaa

Big 10? Psshh, try the nation come in March. Ohio State is going back to the final four.

Proelite said:
Big 10? Psshh, try the nation come in March. Ohio State is going back to the final four.

Can only hope, a lot of the youth scares me, but they handled it very well on the road on Tuesday. Especially Craft, that kid looked like a veteran the way he stayed calm out there.

Outdoor Miner said:
Come on I can't be the only one watching this crazy ass game between Ill and Tex.
You're not. Don't know how much my Illini have left in the tank, but it's nice to see us fighting back in a physical game.

We've lost too many of these close ones the past few years though. =/

e: Well, looks like it's not going to be close one! Overtime blowout.

suaveric

After getting 1 whopping point off the intentional foul, I knew the Illini wouldn't win this game. They were all over the map tonight

jakncoke said:
Hopefully we beat the fuck out of Texas after last years showing

well last year Pitt was unranked and Texas was like #4 at the time. Now the rankings have reversed. The result may reverse too. However I do remember Pitt and Texas being tied at half-time last year

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Proelite said:
According to cnn, Harrison Barnes is the top freshman of all time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...011/cbb.best.freshman.all.time/content.1.html

Horrible way to list from 1 to 15. :lol

This is fucking ridiculous, and yes I'd be saying the same thing if it was Kyrie Irving as well. No doubt Barnes is a great talent and can be a great freshman, but its not even clear if he's better than either Irving or Sullinger this year, let alone all time. Wait for him to finish his freshman campaign first.

I tell you this, come tourney time, Barnes will not scare anyone, Sully...thats another story. If we don't win then my objective pick is leaning towards tOSU.

Proelite said:

6'6" G Jon Diebler
6'6" G William Buford
6'5" SF David Lighty
6'9" PF Jared Sullinger

I'm on my phone right now, but if you think that is tall across the board, see UK's team average last year. We were monster tall.

Pearl suspended for first 8 games of SEC league play. :lol

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/25927735
The SEC is expected to soon announce that Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl will be suspended for this season's first eight league games as punishment for admitted NCAA rules violations, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com on Friday.

An attempt to reach Pearl for comment wasn't immediately successful.

What a mess.

EDIT: What's the 9th game, you ask? It's at Rupp, of course. I'm sure that didn't go in to Slive's arrival on an 8 game suspension.

Worst thing about this all for the Vols is that this suspension won't help them at all when the NCAA considers penalties, as this was imposed by the SEC and not the institution.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I thought the SEC had a strict "we ain't doin' shit unless the NCAA makes us" policy. Or does that only apply to football?

jjasper

I am sure the 8 games has more to do with it being half the season than anything. I wonder what the NCAA will do. Wouldn't be surprised if they suspend him for the year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Proelite said:

I'm not sure the Duke offense "subsists" at all while it is more perimeter oriented. We do have 5 players that are 6'8 or taller that play regularly as well. If the 4-5 positions combine for 25 pts between 4 guys, who cares when everyone else is dropping 14-17 on your team?

cashman

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
Come on I can't be the only one watching this crazy ass game between Ill and Tex.
I was watching it. The first half was some of the best basketball I've watched in a long time. That was a really nice victory for Texas

jjasper said:
I am sure the 8 games has more to do with it being half the season than anything. I wonder what the NCAA will do. Wouldn't be surprised if they suspend him for the year.
Tenn. should fire his slimy ass now before he gets them on probation. IMO!

Great win for the boys against Maryland earlier today. Was worried the Illini would be worn out from a tough loss, but apparently not!

...our half-court offense sucks, though. :lol

Texas are a lot better than I thought they would be. They will probably have a good climb up the rankings before the usual late season collapse.

Minny taking it to UNC right now. B10 IS BEASTLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom