• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

lush

Good game. I think having played 3 games caught up with Vandy and they ran out of gas. Just glad that piece of trash Sirmons didn't ruin the game like he did last night.

I hope Liggins and Lamb are good for the game tomorrow, should be a good one.

Seth C said:
Yeah I know. Which is why if he finds some tickets I'm happy to join him.

I'm within walking distance of the Dome I think. Going to see what I can find, but even the shittiest seats are $70 straight from Ticketmaster. Not sure it's going to happen.

Seth C

PotatoeMasher said:
I'm within walking distance of the Dome I think. Going to see what I can find, but even the shittiest seats are $70 straight from Ticketmaster. Not sure it's going to happen.

Find some Vandy fans leaving the dome. They are your best bet.

A couple years ago I went to Indy for our tourney with no tix. Some guys team lost think it was wiscy and they just straight up gave me their tix for the rest of the games. Quarter finals on.

bill0527

Grats Florida on the outright SEC title - both reg season and tourney tomorrow.

P.S. Calipari is a fucking idiot. I knew this shit would catch up with him at some point in the season leaving starters in when the game is in hand. Too bad it cost us 2 starters instead of one, and Jones is prolly still hurting from tweaking his ankle friday night cuz he hasn't bothered to show up yet in Atlanta apparently.

I've still got my Vargas signs, didn't get to use them much today. All of section 122 - lower bowl, corner over the tunnel UK used today- is firmly rooting for Vargas now anytime he goes in.

We've got Fl tomorrow, should be fun. Sucks bout Lamb though

SyNapSe

The new "If you hit any player in the head with your head, arm, or elbow it's an intentional." rules are bullshit.

They punish kids on plays where they would never do anything different. They aren't "intentional" fouls in most cases. so dumb

MSU has no energy left at all. I mean-- holy cow, I don't know that I've seen a team on empty from the tip before. I wouldn't put much stock in this inevitable Penn St win.

(of course, the committee inexplicably will, and my Illini will have a chance for consecutive NIT Final Fours! ... fire Weber)

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
BertramCooper said:
We're playing PENN STATE in the Big Ten title game? SMH.

I completely missed both of the games today because of work, so I'm out of the loop.

Kind of funny considering Penn State didn't even bother showing up for Big Ten media day at the beginning of the season. I think they momentarily forgot they had a men's basketball program.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Randolph Freelander said:
If that's the rule, it's a bad rule. I always thought there had to be an overt act to swing the elbow beyond what's appropriate. Dawkins was just taking a shot.
Well they completey ignored Daliva throwing the ball in Dawkins' face which is supposed to be an automatic technical. Swofford is just trying to help his Alma Mater for tomorrow. He prolly told Greenberg he'd pardon any suspension if his guys could goon ours.

IGotBillySoSpooked said:
Kind of funny considering Penn State didn't even bother showing up for Big Ten media day at the beginning of the season. I think they momentarily forgot they had a men's basketball program.
At the very least, we should get a decent fight from Penn State, considering they have no shot at making the Big Dance unless they win. But they're not very good at all, so I'm expecting an easy win for us.

And Wisconsin proved yet again what we already know - they're completely mediocre outside of Madison.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
BertramCooper said:
Really? At 19-13 with a 9-9 Big Ten record?

Meh, whatevs.

Better them than VT. I hope VT never makes it. I truly hate Seth Greenberg and his gang of goons and he deserves nothing. VT is the only ACC school I'd consider rooting for the holes over them...consider......

What's sad about Penn State is that they've had the best player in the history of their program for the past four years and have almost nothing to show for it.

jakncoke

Banned
It seems like Battle been there for so much longer haha. Also what Texas dude get T'd for?

Edit: oh i guess kansas play got t'd. good job announces you useless twats

Walked down to the dome (it's maybe 15 minutes away), bought a shirt and didn't find a decent seat from anyone who was selling. Going to just walk down tomorrow and try again.

kkaabboomm said:
I've still got my Vargas signs, didn't get to use them much today. All of section 122 - lower bowl, corner over the tunnel UK used today- is firmly rooting for Vargas now anytime he goes in.

We've got Fl tomorrow, should be fun. Sucks bout Lamb though

Let me know if you hear of anyone who needs to sell a single ticket (or even two if early enough for Seth to make it down). We can have a GAF meetup and I can not have to give a scalper monies.

SyNapSe

jakncoke said:
It seems like Battle been there for so much longer haha. Also what Texas dude get T'd for?

Apparently, it was Robinson instead of Gary Johnson. :( I think that's 3 on him. Great since we have no big guy depth.

SyNapSe

damn Kieff, gets his 2nd and 3rd in the first 45 seconds of the 2nd half? ouch. I think TRob has his 3rd already. Marcus has 2 so that could get ugly. If Withey could somehow amazingly pull out 3-5 minutes of good substition work, it'd be nice.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Palm has Michigan as a 10 playing against Georgetown. I'd take that. Their resume might be that of a 7 seed but Georgetown is more like 13 seed at the moment.

SyNapSe

I feel bad for Selby walking over to the bench but he's lost all touch and become a turnover machine. The move was great and he hit the shot but traveled again.

edit: our lead is likely to shrink a lot for the next 5 mins or so until at least one of the twins can come back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom