• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
truly101 said:
Nobody ever blamed OP, Clemson losing to UNC in a tight game is as regular as the sun rising in the east. It happened with Ellis, Barnes, Purnell and now Brownell gets his turn. The guy seems like a solid coach, but Clemson basketball is Clemson basketball. I do think Clemson fans hate UNC almost as much as Duke and NCSU fans do. Thats always a good thing.

We hate UNC fans for the same reason everyone else does. None of them went to school there and they're all douchebags.

Azwethinkweiz said:
We hate UNC fans for the same reason everyone else does. None of them went to school there and they're all douchebags.

Most UNC fans are this type of sports fan:

I like UNC.
And the Steelers.
And the Yankees.
And the Red Wings.
And Manchester United.

vas_a_morir said:
Most UNC fans are this type of sports fan:

I like UNC.
And the Steelers.
And the Yankees.
And the Red Wings.
And Manchester United.

You forgot the Lakers.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like someone we know.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
There are a shitload of UNC/Steeler fans in the state for realz. To be fair, there are a lot of UNC/Panther fans and a lot of old school UNC/Redskins fans as well. The UNC/Pittsburgh thing has increased over the last decade for sure though.

Kalnos

Banned
GodfatherX said:
fuck...good game Uconn

no conference tournament is as good as this, fuck the haters..nobody wants a piece of our top teams

It was a good game.

Big East officiating is awful though.

Seth C

GodfatherX said:
fuck...good game Uconn

no conference tournament is as good as this, fuck the haters..nobody wants a piece of our top teams

I dunno. We beat all the ones we played, except for the one you just lost to...

In the state of North Carolina, the overwhelming majority of people are North Carolina fans, and they're a rather smug bunch. By default, this leaves the fans of the other ACC schools in-state (NC State, Duke, Wake Forest) in an ABC alliance, and this alliance has generally held. So at least in North Carolina tomorrow, virtually all NC State and Wake Forest fans will be rooting for Duke. Outside of North Carolina but still in ACC country, there should be more of a mix. I'm quite sure there's no love for UNC among those schools' fans, but they also don't have to deal with smugness of the fanbase day in and day out, either. So they could perhaps root just based on little guy versus big guy. Well, at least for the past 30 years or so, Duke has been just as big as Carolina has. Maryland, in particular, is vitriolic with their dislike of Duke, which is quite ironic, because I'm quite sure most Duke fans don't return the favor. But since non-North Carolina (the state, not the school) ACC teams don't really count anyway(*), I guess it doesn't matter.

*The game is played in Greensboro, most of the fans in attendance will be from North Carolina as everyone else has gone home, and quite frankly... the rest of the conference (Maryland excluded) hasn't done jack in basketball. UNC, Duke, and NC State combine for 11 NCAA championships. Rest of the league? 1 (Maryland - 2002). UNC, Duke, NC State combine for 45 ACC Tournament championships. Throw in Wake Forest, the NC schools are up to 49 championships. The rest of the league? 8.

DominoKid said:
ACC refs like to make themselves the star of the show

It was an emotional night when they raised Lenny Wirtz's referee uniform to the rafters in the Dean Dome a few years back.

They offered to the same thing at Cameron, under the caveat that Wirtz would still be in it at the time.

Randolph Freelander said:
In the state of North Carolina, the overwhelming majority of people are North Carolina fans, and they're a rather smug bunch. By default, this leaves the fans of the other ACC schools in-state (NC State, Duke, Wake Forest) in an ABC alliance, and this alliance has generally held. So at least in North Carolina tomorrow, virtually all NC State and Wake Forest fans will be rooting for Duke. Outside of North Carolina but still in ACC country, there should be more of a mix. I'm quite sure there's no love for UNC among those school's fans, but they also don't have to deal with smugness of the fanbase day in and day out, either. So they could perhaps root just based on little guy versus big guy. Well, at least for the past 30 years or so, Duke has been just as big as Carolina has. Maryland, in particular, is vitriolic with their dislike of Duke, which is quite ironic, because I'm quite sure most Duke fans don't return the favor. But since non-North Carolina (the state, not the school) ACC teams don't really count anyway(*), I guess it doesn't matter.

If anecdotal evidence from the people I know is any proof, the rest of the ACC outside of North Carolina hates UNC nowhere near as much as they hate Duke. Shouldn't come as a surprise, but still, seems a little unfair.

giga

Hasphat'sAnts said:
If anecdotal evidence from the people I know is any proof, the rest of the ACC outside of North Carolina hates UNC nowhere near as much as they hate Duke. Shouldn't come as a surprise, but still, seems a little unfair.
Not just the rest of the AAC, the rest of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom