• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach K lobbied earlier in the week saying Duke and North Carolina both deserve to go to Charlotte. While true, he seems to be forgetting what happens when Duke and North Carolina end up in the same city. It's basically a road game. I think Tennessee, in particular, will have a home crowd advantage if they advance past Michigan.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I feel Colorado got shafted.

*sigh*

We'll never be a basketball school at this rate.

Hopefully, we can attract more rcruits and the Pac-12 exposure will help next year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Michigan/Tennessee will be a tough match up, but nothing really scary. Texas and Uconn are worriesome, but we won't see Texas till the sweet 16 and I wouldn't put it past Barnes to screw the pooch before then. Kemba vs Nolan could be epic. I hate UCon almost as much as UNC

Talon- said:
More like the Buffalo Bills. Or Oilers.
Post-cheating New England Patriots.
fohe1d.gif

And here is the part of the tournament i hate the most..the bitching by the media about bubble teams didn't make it and really wouldn't be a big factor. Its not like these are great injustices (like college football polls) as they all have warts.

Seth C

Silkworm said:
As long as UF doesn't have to play UK (or a team with UK's similar makeup) they really aren't so bad ;-) Glad to see UF get a 2 seed. Last year didn't know if they would get in, but got a 10 seed, but then lost to BYU. Hopefully this year they'll avoid any potential pitfalls and prove that they are worthy of this years seeding.

I say we try making it an SEC re-match in the championship game. You up for it?

Talon

The bubble teams have nobody to blame but themselves. 68 teams make the tournament. If you're at the furthest reaches, you're exceedingly mediocre to bad.

jjasper

gketter said:
And here is the part of the tournament i hate the most..the bitching by the media about bubble teams didn't make it and really wouldn't be a big factor. Its not like these are great injustices (like college football polls) as they all have warts.

Nothing will ever top Billy Packer ripping into the director for allowing George Mason in that year. The beginning of his much deserved demise.

SyNapSe

Proelite said:
Damn Pitt is the new Duke.

Why is the #4 team in the country on KemPom a 4th seed in our bracket?

I don't think the committee uses Kenpom but I agree. It's likely a better reasonable indicator than the RPI. It's like baseball, clearly the new efficiency formulas have proven effective but it'll take time for old farts to start using them. That Pitcher won like 20+ games last year!! wooo.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Feel bad for Anthony Grant and Bama especially since they beat UGA twice, but EEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL at VT. Fuck you Goonberg, you deserve this

Talon- said:
The bubble teams have nobody to blame but themselves. 68 teams make the tournament. If you're at the furthest reaches, you're exceedingly mediocre to bad.

This is correct. Ultimately, the snubs were all going to lose the first weekend anyway.

jjasper said:
Nothing will ever top Billy Packer ripping into the director for allowing George Mason in that year. The beginning of his much deserved demise.

Man that was awesome seeing GM troll that asshole to his end.

Fuck that guy

jjasper said:

Yea and Dickie V always finds some "poor victim" team and whines all week long how they're not in.

Silkworm

Seth C said:
I say we try making it an SEC re-match in the championship game. You up for it?
That would be awesome by me :) It would be nice to see the SEC get some props in the NCAA tournament, after the year long Big East love affair. Still, I'll take one game at a time. UK did well in the tournament last year, but UF got bounced in the 1st game. So though I'd love to look ahead, I think I'll keep focused on UCSB for now ;-) Hopefully if UK meets OSU, they'll pull off an upset as I have no love for the Buckeyes :)

Talon

Belmont over Wisci is easier.

Jay Bilas and Hubert Davis are furious right now. High comedy.

Gene Smith, tell me about Tressel.

Wiscy has as big a beef with the selection comittee as anybody. Awful matchup to get as a top 4 seed.

Belmont is really good, wouldn't be surprised if they won.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I wanted to see Alec Burks :(

I feel you.

But, hopefully, next year.

CU basketball has made a great turnaround.

Elfforkusu said:
We're pretty dangerous in a "play you close" sort of way, but not in a "actually get the win" sort of way.

We'll lose to UNLV by a couple of points.

Well I agree with you that against top teams we will show well but ultimately choke in the final 5 minutes, but UNLV I actually think we can take.

Biggest upset of 1st round in my bracket? Belmont over Wisconsin easily.

SyNapSe

ChiTownBuffalo said:
I feel you.

Only if they can scrape up free wins in the P12. Burks is gone, Higgens will graduate. I think Relphorde is even a senior. Unless they have some elite recruits, they are going to be awful.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
I feel you.

I'm not sure if Alec Burks having a growth spurt at 18 is a program having a turn-around. He's the only SG in the class, he's got to declare because he's got a good chance of going 6 or 7 to the Jazz or Wolves.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Talon- said:
The pure hatred from Jay Bilas ever year after the selection show is so entertaining.
Was he mad we got a one seed over BYU? Wouldn't surprise me. Digger hates us already so you know us getting the nod over the Irish really stuck in his craw. I LOVE THE HATRED

Talon

truly101 said:
Was he mad we got a one seed over BYU? Wouldn't surprise me. Digger hates us already so you know us getting the nod over the Irish really stuck in his craw. I LOVE THE HATRED
He's a fucking alum and ex-assistant, dude.

He's ripping VCU and UAB getting in over any of the teams on the bubble.

ChiTownBuffalo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I'm not sure if Alec Burks having a growth spurt at 18 is a program having a turn-around. He's the only SG in the class, he's got to declare because he's got a good chance of going 6 or 7 to the Jazz or Wolves.

I'm referring to a more holitsic program turnaround.

I know Burks is gonna leave, and who wouldn't? Anyone at Colorado who can leave, has, like Chauncey.

But, the new coach seem more focused. Hopefully, he'll stay on. CU hasn't had any stability as of late., with Bzadelik leaving for Wake Forest, and all those years under Patton without much success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom