• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need advice on next car purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF I need to buy a (used) car that costs around $16,000 (US) around $21,000 Canadian (before taxes)

That's my budget.

I was stuck on a 2015-2016 Mazda CX-5 GS trim for the longest time, but now I'm looking at the (2016) CX-3 since it' seems to be more car for the money and I like how sporty and compact it is, while being also utility like.

Anyway my needs:

-I like to go Camping, I need roomy for camp gear and a little Sports Utility.

-This is contradicting, but I also prefer cars over SUVs. I like sporty and nimble handling.

I like my amenities...
- I love sunroofs, need heated seats, and a rear view camera, so those mentioned three are a must ....prefer Leather seats. The rest of the luxuries (Bluetooth, lane assist) would be a nice bonus.

So a higher trim model is a must.

I do a lot of high way driving.

Biggest pet peeve is lot of interior wind noise. I like cars that are quiet on the open road. Mazdas Unfortunately are notorious for interior wind noise.

Also reliability, fuel economy, and low running/maintenance cost, of course are a must.

With the budget I have and my needs, I am looking at Ford Fusion (2015-2016) not my favourite choice. I do love the new (2017) fusion LED headlights. But I think it's out of my budget.

I do really want a Mazda CX-5 GS model or an equivalent Toyota Rav 4. I love the reliability of a CRV, but man I cannot live with that ugly design. The back of it Specifically. And now I'm contemplating a CX-3.
So I'm conflicted. Any more suggestions I'd love to hear.

rokkerkory

We have 2 mazda 3 hatches 2015 and 2017. Love them both, both with 2.5 liter engine with plenty of power. Both comes with everything with the bigger engine but 2017 adds heated steering wheel, better hud, freshened up styling.

Only drawback is no awd in hatchbacks.

Get one.

Abounder

Banned
I like my amenities...
- I love sunroofs, need heated seats, and a rare camera, so those mentioned three are a must ....prefer Leather seats. The rest of the luxuries (Bluetooth, lane assist) would be a nice bonus.

So a higher trim model is a must.

I do a lot of high way driving.

Biggest pet peeve is lot of interior wind noise. I like cars that are quiet on the open road. Mazdas Unfortunately are notorious for interior wind noise.

Problem with higher trims is they have bigger wheels which usually means more road noise especially on the highway, so try to skip that option or considering sound deadening materials like dynamat

I'd consider a VW Golf hatchback because the interior and highway ride is on another level (and the deals should be pretty damn good), but you can't go wrong with that Rav4 if you really need more ground clearance, plus later resale value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom