• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need baby name advice

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Oh my.. OP dude i hope you and your wife are ok man.

That sucks. 😒
Sorry for your loss

TLZ

Banned
I didn't know if I would bump this or not, but I figured most people here seemed like decent people that I might as well.

Unfortunately, my wife and I lost the baby. It was a girl. I've always wanted a daughter (three sons) and the two times we were about to have a girl, something went wrong and the baby died.

Anyway, my wife insisted we name her. So, her name is/was Lara.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We are talking about trying again. I'm getting up there and am a lit more hesitant than her, but we will see. Perhaps in several months I'll be back asking for more suggestions.
:(

I'm sorry man. My honest condolences.

Just remember she's happy in heaven waiting for you :)

Last edited:
My Daughters name is Ayla. We liked that name. Its also the name of the cave girl in Chrono Trigger :) If I havea boy I want a d bag name like Chad or Dean

GHG

Not what I expected when I saw the bump :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Sorry to hear about the news Vawn Vawn

All the best to you and your family and good luck in whatever you decide to do next.

lock2k

Banned
I didn't know if I would bump this or not, but I figured most people here seemed like decent people that I might as well.

Unfortunately, my wife and I lost the baby. It was a girl. I've always wanted a daughter (three sons) and the two times we were about to have a girl, something went wrong and the baby died.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We are talking about trying again. I'm getting up there and am a lit more hesitant than her, but we will see. Perhaps in several months I'll be back asking for more suggestions.
My condolences. We lost our second baby and we never knew the sex unfortunately. It was painful. Lara is a beautiful name.

wipeout364

So sad to hear this. Hope you and your wife are coping ok. I think your wife was right to name the baby, I think down the road it will help. I agree Lara is a beautiful name.

DryvBy

OP, sorry to hear that. As a dad now myself, the fear of losing our kid when my wife was pregnant gave us nightmares. We had to hear a woman in a room next to ours during a check-up get the bad news and we both had our hearts sank over that.

I pray you guys find some kind of peace.

Nero_PR

Banned

I feel for you and your wife. My mother too longed for a daughter but had 3 boys and gave up. I hope you guys are well and don't rush it. May Lara never be forgotten. Sending prayers to both of you.

Top Bottom