• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed (2015, Full Reboot, PC/PS4/XB1, Ghost) Reveal Trailer

AristoCat

i hope we get real body kit manufacturers this time and not EA made up kids.

nfsunderg_review3.jpg

This, but the teaser gave me hope, with both S13 and GT86 sporting Rocket Bunny bodykits!

Almost every bodykit in Underground 1&2 were complete rice... And I don't talk about "autosculpt" in Carbon, what an ugly factory.

nOoblet16

Lol another one of those "this is a reboot so let's name it similar to the first game in the franchise"...and this is after they reused the name NFS: Most Wanted in 2013 and Hot Pursuit in 2012.

A "reboot" in NFS means nothing since they all play differently and have different focus.

Bloodrage

Banned
Doesn't look that good tbh, it's just that it being night time and the camera moving and shaking around a lot helps to hide away all the low quality assets we are accustomed to

Here for example you can see the low res texture on the palm.

9Ij0Y.jpg
Look at the flawless frame rate and camera angles. That's the biggest giveaway. No replay is capable of that either. Then there's the fact that this is multiplatform. This is just a target render.

dukie85

True but I'd take Carbon's customisation over any of the others. You could even choose the body part you liked, and then modify/adjust it's shape to your liking with all the sliders. You could do this with the spoilers, hoods, roof scoops, rims, bumpers, skirts, exhaust pipes. It was incredible for its time. You can't do that in any other game. I hope that returns honestly, because having that level of freedom is beautiful. Makes your car unique.

If they combined Autosculpt with Undergrounds's customization, it'd be the best thing ever.

Klocker

Looks incredible if the graphics are to be believed to look representative of in game....
Is new frostbite engine DX12?

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
How can you reboot a series where the sequels have very little connection at all? I mean, how is this different from just releasing a NFS game with another subtitle? It's a sequel, no matter how you look at it. Was Hot Pursuit a reboot of Hot Pursuit, just because it shared the name?

Graphics really reminded me of the Silent Hills teaser. Not a big fan of the police stuff as I just want an Underground-esque racing game (drag racing, drifting challenges, etc.) but I'll remain optimistic.

Fbh

Meh, when I heard it had a NFS:Underground vibe I got a bit hyped but it looks like they will continue to focus on the whole "cops" thing.

I preffer arcade racers over simulators but I wish the NFS would start focusing more on the racing and less on the chasing

Cidd

What is up Need for Speed and reboots? No wonder when you mention certain NFS games and people ask "which one?"

If at first you don't succeed, Try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try and try some more, then try a little more, then a bit more again.

This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.

I'm sorry, i can understand everything except the "narrative experience" part, it's a racing game, it does'nt need a story, it needs perfect gameplay above anything else, wether is 30/60fps, an arcade/sim, open world or not.

Pushing a "narrative experience" into a racing game is something that has been forced for years and failed every single time, this won't be the exception.

Scrawnton

I believe that is definitely in game footage. I have a person who told me that frostbite games on next gen only look breath taking compared to anything seen on these consoles yet.

Looking forward to this E3 when it comes to how the newly revealed games will look.

Skyzard

Banned
All footage captured in-game :O

Wow. I missed that, skipped the end.

You'd think they'd have that at the start, it looked wicked!

Maybe they were worried people would think it was too blurry or there was too much motion blur :s

Or maybe they're bs'ing. Lighting looked fantastic! They're saying it's the same engine as battlefront. Which is supposed to have good lighting, so maybe they thought they could get away with a bit more spruced up "gameplay" quality footage, who knows.

Hopefully that new engine comes somewhere near to what they've been showing, and not just for the people that can't really tell the difference.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
You didn't like not being able to drive anywhere because of the cops in Rivals? That was so fun. /s

Dude... You mind not shitting all over the thread?

Thanks.

OT:

This looks nice. Hopefully they come close to this, but their goals sound on point.

UG + MW is all NFS needs.

I'm sorry, i can understand everything except the "narrative experience" part, it's a racing game, it does'nt need a story, it needs perfect gameplay above anything else, wether is 30/60fps, an arcade/sim, open world or not.

Pushing a "narrative experience" into a racing game is something that has been forced for years and failed every single time, this won't be the exception.
Their last like what 3/4 games had no story and people didn't like them much better. I'd be cool with a return to Underground/2/MW style stories. Nothing wrong with them.

Looks incredible if the graphics are to be believed to look representative of in game....
Is new frostbite engine DX12?

It seems they are using latest Frostbite version with PBR used in Star Wars Battlefront. They both share same looks and materials.

The "narrative experience" was great campy fun in the Underground games and Most Wanted (2005) in my opinion. More of that please.

Top Bottom