• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed (2015, Full Reboot, PC/PS4/XB1, Ghost) Reveal Trailer

The rear bumper is missing, but from damage modeling or by customization choice?

I'm going with customization choice, since it's kinda a thing these days. Damage modelling would be nice though.

Open-world...narrative...:/

I can deal with a MW/U2 open world, where the tracks were still cordoned off. A true open-world like Paradise, MW2012 or Rivals isn't really my jam though :/

Why are people so unbelieving? It doesn't look any better than Driveclub really, and the shots people have taken of that game in the screenshot thread, o lawd

The thing is nobody has seen this latest version of Frostbite running on a PS4 or XboxOne.

I have my doubts too.

And yep i dont like that its Open World :/ Why is everything open world this gen?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.

So this isn't Underground "3," then?

*hype canceled* See you when you make an Underground, then.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.

SO eerrrrrr narrative experience means there's going to be some kind of story ryt

Syntsui

I bet everyone complaining that this game will probably be 30fps loved to play U/U2/MW with your PS2/GC/XBOX and never gave a fuck about it.

Hattori

Banned
aKLbpAB.jpg

RSvZO5n.jpg

The lightning is pretty good!
Yussss! I'm so in :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Come on, there's nothing about those visuals that seem impossible for consoles.

I remember the last NFS game that ran at 60fps on consoles.

I wait.

I don't.

Because there has never been one. Hell, going by Rivals, they are probably going to even lock the PC version at 30fps.
Well, to be fair, NFS3 actually runs unlocked and gets close to 60fps on PSX. It's rather unstable and feels a bit jerky as a result but I'm just saying. :p

And yep i dont like that its Open World :/ Why is everything open world this gen?
It's not. DriveClub got yo back.

Pachimari

Cops are a core tenet of Need for Speed, but you don't necessarily have to play them. They need to be there as this adversarial set-up to bring tension towards the gamer. This game is built upon more authentic urban car culture, and as such you care about your car. There will definitely be cops in this world but they're not going to be other players.

Boo, no cops-catching-robbers kind of multiplayer mode. :(

Luke_Wal

I liked Rivals a lot as a PS4 launch game; interested to see how this turns out. Trailer looks phenomenal, at least. Wonder if this shows up at one of the conferences?

What is interesting to me is that EA seems to be once more fully involved in Speedhunters. It seemed for a few years it was nearly non existant.

Conduit

Banned
Sony has another marketing deal with EA's game???

From german PS Blog ( google translate ) :

Need for Speed ​​returns this fall back on PlayStation 4
The duration of Renner EA sits in the Star holes
Ben Walke, Content and Community Manager at Ghost Games:

It's nice here when again PlayStation blog to be, to tell you something about Need For Speed. In just a few weeks you will be on the E3 witness the complete unveiling of our new game. But until that happens, we want to give a little taste of you here.

While we have been working diligently on the game, you have, our NFS community, we wrote, illustrated and expressed your wishes. Your feedback we have received over all possible channels. This you have ever brought us to the finish line, without that we have lost sight of your desires.

As a developer, it is a great feeling, so passionate players like to have you out there - many thanks for that.

Not a day goes by without someone proudly announced that in the next NFS game modifications are an absolute must - and so you shall get it also. If NFS is published later this year then, can modify completely, so you have a truly unique Garage residents at the end of your own: vehicles.

We have worked closely with Speedhunters cooperated. This is our own community that has helped us to anchor the roots of NFS in the authentic car culture of the past, current up to emerging trends in urban engine scene. NFS is this fall unleash the passion for cars and speed when it was released!

With more than 20 years history in the rearview mirror, we bring you NFS with restarting the back, what Need for Speed ​​is: numerous possibilities for modifying, authentic urban vehicle culture, an open world at night and a compelling story that drives your NFS experience.

We look forward to meet you at E3. There you can, among other things the possibility of modifying see for the first time in action and want to ensure you do not miss!

MilesTeg

Banned
I just hope this game doesn't play exactly like Burnout. Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted (never played Rivals so no opinion) were essentially Burnout games if we are talking about gameplay mechanics. I would like NFS to feel like something different this time.

No more crazy turbo. Nitrous is a staple of Underground obviously, but don't make it a carbon copy of Burnout.

No takedowns.

No boosting turbo because of driving on the wrong side of the road, no boosting turbo because of close calls.

No more taking corners at 200mph, tapping hand brake and busting out of the turn at top speed. I know NFS can be forgiving, but it shouldn't be on the level of Burnout/recent NFS games.

Derp

Please let it be individual customization instead of "body kit 1, body kit 2, body kit 3"...
Carbon had the best customisation out of all the NFS games. You could add a different front bumper, rear bumper and skirt and modify parts of each of them with sliders, so it was like sculpting your own body kit (number of styles were limited of course). You could also buy full aftermarket body kits (which I mostly ended up doing because the complete kits still looked the best).

v1lla21

Best NFS have been open world. Horizon was open world. Nothing wrong with an open world racer. People just bitching for the sake of it. Being skeptical about graphics is fine as I don't expect it to look anything like that. Deep customization is awesome and I love that there's a 180sx. Story better be as fun as the original most wanted.

Petrae

I'd go out on a limb and say most people prefer open world racers these days.

That does seem to be the case, with this sub-genre being so common these days. That said, the trend has led to my saving more money because I can't stand this sub-genre and won't spend a dime on it. More money for other games.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Yeah. I think I'll skip this one too.

I'll just get the first NFSU again though, those were the good days.

NFS is kinda Open world with Underground 1 & 2. This is a reboot. Dont jump the ship yet. Personally i think this is the game i have been waiting for years. I always loved NFS.its the only Car game i can get into. But i didn't play any NFS game after The Run. Im thinking i will be buying this game on day 1. Teaser looks great to me. cant wait for E3.

Would be cool if EA could stop this "InEngine" Trailers and simply show some uncut gameplay.

Even Ubisoft nowadays shows gameplay after a reveal.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Neither one of those are Hot Pursuit 2.

Yuks Hot Pursuit was nothing special and we already had similar cop NfS games recently.

Undergeound is hands down one of its kind. And we never had that type of game since U2.

That was a pretty bad trailer.

What I knew yesterday was that there's a new nfs coming that will be heavily influenced by the underground games.

What I know now is that there's a new nfs coming that will be heavily influenced by the underground games.

Gona have to see the game in action for me to get hyped about a nfs game again l.

No problems with open world for me. Underground 2 and Most Wanted (2005) were as well and they're the best in the series for me. Inject it into me.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am simply going to put it this way. Cop = no buy from me. I want game similar to Undergeound style.

dr_rus

I hope you understand that everything you've said sounds exactly like a "sequel" to some Underground 2 or Most Wanted. Why is this a reboot? What is changing so much that this is a reboot?

Yuks Hot Pursuit was nothing special and we already had similar cop NfS games recently.

Undergeound is hands down one of its kind. And we never had that type of game since U2.

I mean specifically Hot Pursuit 2. I know it wasn't out of the ordinary or unique, I just found it really fun.

Honestly you quoting exactly what every article is using to describe the game doesn't give me any hope, just sounds like more PR bullshit.

What does Deep Customization mean that the series didn't have before it (I'm thinking microtransactions, yay....)? What is a nocturnal open world and how is that any every then the open world and day/night cycle the games have had in the past (oh you answered that, no day so less is now more somehow?) And all a narrative experience means is that there is a story correct? Which going by the average video game story means it'll be worthless at best. These are just bullet points for PR to hand out to the press and you repeating that only makes me less interested then it otherwise would.

I'm sure you aren't allowed to actually talk about details yet but saying that you've been listening and then all we hear about in the announcement is PR BS isn't encouraging and unless you are counting a cut scene as gameplay now, no way the actual game will look like that.

Top Bottom