• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed (2015, Full Reboot, PC/PS4/XB1, Ghost) Reveal Trailer

Derp

Gimme this game pls. I've taken a long break from any NFS game hoping one day they'd go back to their roots and deliver deep customisation with an emphasis on tuner cars or simply reboot Underground.

It's fucking happening... NFS is back.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
PR said:
Need for Speed Returns in an Action Driving Experience That Unites the Culture of Speed
Deep Customisation, Authentic Urban Car Culture, Open World, and Immersive Narrative All Feature in the Reboot of the Famed Need for Speed Franchise

GOTHENBURG, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ghost Games™, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, announced today the return of Need for Speed™ in a full reboot of this storied franchise. The game delivers on what the fans want, and what Need for Speed stands for - deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.

“Need for Speed is one of the most iconic names in gaming, and we're returning it to greatness in this reboot,” said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer at Ghost Games. “Pulling on our 20 years of history, and then taking a year out from releasing a game, we are making the game we’ve always wanted to. We're listening to the fans and delivering an experience that will capture their imagination and unleash their passion for cars and speed.”

Fuelled by EA's own car culture community, Speedhunters (www.speedhunters.com), Need for Speed will deliver an experience that's grounded in authentic car culture by diving into the rich world of past, present and emergent trends of the urban car scene. This collaboration with Speedhunters in the research and development of the game means the level of detail and real-world authenticity will envelop gamers in an exciting world to discover and enjoy in a way that only Need for Speed can deliver.

See the Need for Speed announce teaser trailer here, and subscribe to see the first full trailer on June 15, 2015.

Need for Speed will launch worldwide in Fall 2015 on Origin™ for PC , PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. To join the Need for Speed conversation please visit https://www.facebook.com/NeedforSpeed, follow us on Twitter® at https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed. Press assets for Need for Speed are available at http://info.ea.com.

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.

In fiscal year 2015, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.5 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.

EA, EA SPORTS, Battlefield,, Origin, The Sims, Dragon Age and Plants vs. Zombies are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. and its subsidiaries. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. Xbox One is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Facebook © 2015. © 2015 YouTube, LLC.
Source: http://news.ea.com/press-release/ar...ction-driving-experience-unites-culture-speed

Trago

So if this is a reboot, the sequel to this game will be Need for Speed 2, ignoring old Need for Speed 2. Unless there's a sweet subtitle, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

psylah

aKLbpAB.jpg

RSvZO5n.jpg

The lightning is pretty good!

The rear bumper is missing, but from damage modeling or by customization choice?

The name is "Need for Speed"

Hi

AmyS

At least last-gen consoles aren't holding it back.

Still, that was some bullshit CG and I'll eat crow if it wasn't haha.

Skii

If they are going back to the underground roots, then I'm excited. Hasn't been a good need for speed since the original most wanted.

LQX

I use to love the NFS series but the time it takes to get into a games because of the nonsense intros with layers of screens and the muliti-player/compare with friends focus of the past few ones has turned me off completely.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The game delivers on what the fans want, and what Need for Speed stands for - deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game.

Ok. Okay, ok, I'll bite. But show me gameplay. EA.

Why subscribe though? If the trailer comes out June 15th doesn't that mean they'll show it during their press conference?

p3tran

Banned
To confirm, the name is...

"Need for Speed"

good. make it a reboot.

I like what I saw "representing" gameplay.
the setting, the assets, looks good.
also the info about "deep customization" sounds good too.

nfs rivals showed more of its weaknesses the more you played it.
from technical stuff/problems, like when going with the faster cars causing mayhem,
to other stuff like AI going bananas, loosing the road or making U-turns and hitting the tree logs for no reason etc.

Hope this is a) worthy of spending time with it (as in not a rental/playthrough and done) AND b) hoping this doesnt start to break and show more weaknesses as playtime progresses like previous game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Why would they not include daytime races...? lol
Especially if your game is open world which should include a day/night cycle at minimum!

Cidd

This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.

I hope that means only night races, that would be great.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why are people so unbelieving? It doesn't look any better than Driveclub really, and the shots people have taken of that game in the screenshot thread, o lawd

woolley

So are the actual races going to be open world or just a city like UG2? If its the former than no thanks, they can keep it.

Should be fun. I'm a sucker for Need for Speed, so I'm in there. I hope they don't focus on the Cops vs. Racer mechanic, it gets a bit tiring and dull. Rivals was nice, but it got stale quickly. Most Wanted was much better, but I wanted a bit more customization.

Customization like Underground.

Nokterian

This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.

Hmhm also no tutorials please..like that is one of the lamest stuff i ever experienced in Rivals. I know how to drive a car or to drift thank you. Show me gameplay! Also narrative experience...so we get a story that i will not follow?

Top Bottom