• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed (2015, Full Reboot, PC/PS4/XB1, Ghost) Reveal Trailer

SliChillax

Carbon had the best customisation out of all the NFS games. You could add a different front bumper, rear bumper and skirt and modify parts of each of them with sliders, so it was like sculpting your own body kit (number of styles were limited of course). You could also buy full aftermarket body kits (which I mostly ended up doing because the complete kits still looked the best).

Carbon lacked in other aspects though, like side mirrors and other small details.

Cudder

These flimsy reveals are getting really irritating. Just hold onto your shit one more month and have a full blowout and reveal at E3. That trailer was worthless, hardly any info in the press release.

This sounds more like Underground 2 than Underground, which is a bad thing in my opinion. I'll keep my eye on it, but if it doesn't hit a chord then there's always Driveclub Season 2.

Remark

Banned
Is drifting back though that's the real question.

Also, something that hasn't been done since Carbon: We need Canyon races again so bad. That shit was so intense and fun and I loved drifting canyons too.

Trago

Yes, only night.

Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif

stn

Give me lots of cars and full customization. First NFS I plan to buy since the first Most Wanted.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It was 60fps in gen 6, non-PS2 versions that is.
Uhh, no.

You had NFS-Hot Pursuit 2, NFSU 1 and 2, and Most Wanted on that generation of consoles. The last three games were the same between all platforms and ran at 30fps across the board. The PS2 version of NFSU1 even featured an improved motion blur effect over the others.

Now, Hot Pursuit 2 is a different story as they were different games. The PS2 version was developed separately from the others and was a much better game. Neither the Xbox or GC versions of this game were a solid 60fps at all.

Which games are you even thinking of?

grmlin

I'm ok with the graphics if they get downgraded, it will still look fine I think.

A good Need for Speed is what I really need!

MilesTeg

Banned
Uhh, no.

You had NFS-Hot Pursuit 2, NFSU 1 and 2, and Most Wanted on that generation of consoles. The last three games were the same between all platforms and ran at 30fps across the board. The PS2 version of NFSU1 even featured an improved motion blur effect over the others.

Now, Hot Pursuit 2 is a different story as they were different games. The PS2 version was developed separately from the others and was a much better game. Neither the Xbox or GC versions of this game were a solid 60fps at all.

Which games are you even thinking of?

Huh. I really thought they were 60fps back then. I remember the cube version of Underground ran really well. Guess I was wrong. Haven't played the game in probably more than 10 years, guess I was mistaken.

Dominator

I really enjoyed Rivals. I put around 20 hours into the racing side alone, which was only like half of the game lol. I thought it was fun.

This has a two-year dev time so I think the studio can make something good here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
There's now two titles called "(The) Need For Speed"
two "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit"
two "Need for Speed: Most Wanted"

Alienous

No problems with open world for me. Underground 2 and Most Wanted (2005) were as well and they're the best in the series for me. Inject it into me.

Didn't these developers last create NFS: Rivals.

That open world was shit, especially when you compare it to something like Forza Horizon 2. So I'm a bit worried about there attempts.

Derp

Carbon lacked in other aspects though, like side mirrors and other small details.
True but I'd take Carbon's customisation over any of the others. You could even choose the body part you liked, and then modify/adjust it's shape to your liking with all the sliders. You could do this with the spoilers, hoods, roof scoops, rims, bumpers, skirts, exhaust pipes. It was incredible for its time. You can't do that in any other game. I hope that returns honestly, because having that level of freedom is beautiful. Makes your car unique.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hmm, aside from the CG-like graphics, the atmosphere does seem pretty close to the Underground series.

Ah, memories. Glad to see they brought back the 180SX - I always used to pick that as my starter car back in Underground 2.

This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.

I hope that means less emphasis on exotics, a few at the top end to aspire to is nice but they have far less impact if you're always driving them.

Remark

Banned
True but I'd take Carbon's customisation over any of the others. You could even choose the body part you liked, and then modify/adjust it's shape to your liking with all the sliders. You could do this with the hoods, roof scoops, rims, bumpers, skirts, exhaust pipes. It was incredible for its time. You can't do that in any other game. I hope that returns honestly, because having that level of freedom is beautiful. Makes your car unique.
Carbon was just a 10/10 game man.

Customization was just amazing.

You had intense Canyon races.

Story was cool with having your team and taking over the city and online was pretty fun.

Drifting was also crazy fun in that game too.

Amazing game mane.

Majanew

Banned
Nocturnal Open World... :(

Open world and it never turns day? Yeah, no hype. And it's nice that EA is still lying with graphics.

Despera

Banned
Well I'm fucking in! It will be my first racing game on PS4.
Same here. First one since Hot Pursuit on PS3.

Don't mind the open world aspect as it can be awesome if done right, same goes for narrative. As long as the customization, handling and level design are top notch it's all good. Consider me hyped!

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this. I just think it's hilarious that a near annual series takes a bit over a year off and the next game is a "full reboot."

Doesn't look that good tbh, it's just that it being night time and the camera moving and shaking around a lot helps to hide away all the low quality assets we are accustomed to

Here for example you can see the low res texture on the palm.

9Ij0Y.jpg

So the world will be stuck in an eternal nighttime? Not sounding too hot....

psylah

Ah, memories. Glad to see they brought back the 180SX - I always used to pick that as my starter car back in Underground 2.

I hope that means less emphasis on exotics, a few at the top end to aspire to is nice but they have far less impact if you're always driving them.

From the footage, the most valuable car was the Hakosuka.

Still don't know why the game needs a story. I hope it's hilarious like the end game of Most Wanted 2005 and not...well, The Crew.
EA also brought you...

2x SSX
2x Syndicate
2x Medal of Honor
2x Sim City
2x Star Wars Battlefront
2x Mirror's Edge

I keep forgetting they rebooted SSX.

Why?
your brother gets killed
, you are framed for his murder and you are forced to race or spend your life in prison

drama!

Like this, it better not be this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this. I just think it's hilarious that a near annual series takes a bit over a year off and the next game is a "full reboot."

Same.

Majanew

Banned
Originally Posted by Ghost_Ben

This is a full reboot of the franchise and not a sequel. We've been listening to what people are wanting so you can expect deep customisation, a nocturnal open world and a narrative experience.
People were wanting another fucking open world NFS... and set only at night? Sigh...

Top Bottom