• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Release date - November 19th

Darklord

Banned
Hot Pursuit? That's kinda cool.

*Criteron's*

2lxf39h.gif

-viper-

Banned
Trailer looks awesome but too bad none of it was gameplay.

edit: Saw the gameplay. THIS LOOKS FUCKING FANTASTIC. Day one.

Rflagg

Goldrusher said:
http://www.youtube.com/e3

Trailer is streaming now !

It's AWESOME !

- real cars of course
- LOOOOOOOOOOOONG highways
- cops with helicopters (in cut scene ? playable ?)
- career as racer, career as cop
- lots of online stuff

By Criterion !

"We knew we wanted to take it back to its roots!"
Will buy sounds awesome. 2 Separate careers is full of win.

If the online is done right like they showed I can see NFS taking the spotlight from GT5, unless PD shows something new and amazing tomorrow Criterion got themselves the best racer of 2010.

X-Frame

Looks good. Going back to it's roots is always a good thing. I didn't even consider like the last 3 of them because they were weird.

LQX

Sweet jeebus. I cant wait for this. I sunk more hours in Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 more than any game. I love that California setting with all the tall trees and woods.

mango drank

Man, EIGHT YEARS since the last one. I was a huge fan of Hot Pursuit 1 (NFS III), I liked High Stakes, I spent a good amount of time with HP2 but I don't think it topped NFS III. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. Definitely hyped. Day 1 buy, unless it ends up having serious faults.

I wish they'd show more of the locales.

sparky2112 said:
I'm a total Criterion slut, but the gameplay demo looked kinda dull, to be honest...
Somewhat agreed.

The idea of slowing down, in 1v1 chase, just seems awkward in today's gameplay standards. Hopefully, multi cop vs multi racers will alleviate that.

AutoLog, however, seems like the natural extension of where Burnout Paradise's online went, and where a bunch of the recent racing games are heading towards. Given how up to date Criterion seems to be, it should be a pretty good feature.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I rarely ever, ever get hyped on racers, but my god those videos were sick.

Consider me hyped.

DMczaf said:
They should have done a huge ass 8v8 demo instead of just 1v1.
Any live demo is a risk. A network demo is a even bigger risk. Unless it's going to work 100% of the time, you don't want to risk it.

sparky2112 said:
I'm a total Criterion slut, but the gameplay demo looked kinda dull, to be honest...

It got my heart pumping. I spent many hours playing NFS III:Hot Pursuit. Glad to see Criterion is doing it, I haven't liked any NFS game since Most Wanted.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
It's looking really good. After watching that gameplay clip again, it looks once your car starts taking damage you lose speed. It looks like they've put a lot of time into this game. EA had quite the show today. I'm impressed and can't wait to see what else is coming.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
AlphaTwo00 said:
Any live demo is a risk. A network demo is a even bigger risk. Unless it's going to work 100% of the time, you don't want to risk it.
They should rig the demo station to explode if the game crashes.

XTERC

I wonder what the after release day support will be like for this title, Burnout Paradise's was incredible... hell they even integrated a 'COPS vs. ROBBERS' mode into that.

I still don't understand the hate for Burnout Parasise, I thought it was phenomenal. NFS:Hot Pursuit looks like a step back, but in Criterion I trust. It is a given that online will be awesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-viper- said:
Trailer looks awesome but too bad none of it was gameplay.

You're kidding right? Criterion doesn't bullshit in their pre-release stuff.

edit: Saw the gameplay. THIS LOOKS FUCKING FANTASTIC. Day one.

Damn right.

I just hope the "stop/go" gameplay is fixed. If I get ahead of the criminal, I should be able to throw out roadspikes, call backup ahead or something and STOP him unless he turns around (which they did in the gameplay demo). As it is the gameplay demo is kinda ho-hum, but Criterion is a pretty awesome (with some hit-and-misses) developer, so I trust them to have a good arcade racer this year.

Much better than I expected. Criterion is awesome.

The problem is, if GT5 gets released this year, there's no way I'm going to buy this...

KAP151

No more Nitro, Shift, Underground, Drift all that shit can fuck and die.

Back to basics.

And it's Criterion

HELL YEAH!

:D :D :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:

The problem is, if GT5 gets released this year, there's no way I'm going to buy this...

Why? They have nothing in common.

Lagspike_exe said:

Youre doubting GT5's release this year?

I could see the issue being there if it was NFS Shift 2 and GT5...but arent these racings games two different genres?

mujun

I love arcade racers like this, add to that that the game looks sharp as hell. Definitely going to pick it up.

MMaRsu said:

Exactly. In fact, that would be like 1998 when NFS III and the first Gran Turismo were released and I bought and enjoyed both back then.

My only concern about this is, I hope there's also a mode with strictly racing. While I like the cop chase stuff, I mostly enjoyed it more as a diversion. The real meat and potatoes for me with NFS was always the pack racing. And the knockout mode, hope it has a knockout mode.

MMaRsu said:

You're right to an extant, but I doubt that I'll need another racing game this fall along GT5. Then again, this looks extremely promising and I love Criterion, so I may alter my judgment later.

Dedication Through Light said:
I could see the issue being there if it was NFS Shift 2 and GT5...but arent these racings games two different genres?

See the response above.

Top Bottom