• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Trailer (E3 2015)

Falchion

This is one of the most pleasant surprises from E3 for me so far. The customization options look awesome, I'm just scared about that drifting camera.

Dilly

Banned
At first I thought the same, but after a while is a really clever angle for drifting because you can see perfectly where the car goes. You need getting used to before take profit of that angle.

You always focus on where you want your car to go, especially during a drift.

That is the worst chasecam I have ever seen.

Stealth50

Looks really good and I'm happy that there's plenty to customize. Obiously need to see more before purchasing it but I got a great first impression.

Akai__

I just need confirmation of the controls not being like that all the time. I really can't deal with the auto drifting stuff. I want the handling to be more like Underground 2 and not like Rivals. EA/Ghost please. :(

I just need confirmation of the controls not being like that all the time. I really can't deal with the auto drifting stuff. I want the handling to be more like Underground 2 and not like Rivals. EA/Ghost please. :(

Yep Camera and controls are my only concern. I hope they deliver :/

DavidDesu

Well graphically it looks amazing. The night time street look is fantastic, but what the fuckity fuck happened to the handling. I know NFS games have never been authentic, but even Most Wanted had something kinda believable, if on the extreme end of believable. Drifting in this game looks ridiculous and accompanied by that awful camera angle tilt when you do it, genuinely made me a bit queasy watching the trailer. I could not play it like that, it feels like it removes your view and drifting seems to immediately enable a ludicrous level of grip and turning ability.

Such a shame, I'd LOVE to see a street racing game that looked like this but actually gave you a more realistic take on it. This is arcadey to the max.

thelastword

Banned
These games always look worse than their initial trailers reveal. I don't want to judge it too much from the footage because that footage was just awful, camera-wise and compression wise. Need to see this in good quality, but there was countless jaggies in the garage and all these bright lights and MB in open world cities filled with traffic are just framerate killers and is killing what made NFS great.

The whole screen seems like some type of Kaleidoscope of lights, blur, traffic and buildings all mishmashed into a frenzy. My eyes just can't take all this visual noise, I'll easily lose my sense of direction....and ooh boy that camera..... This series is now a far cry from simple yet beautiful tracks at 60fps.

SmokyDave

Mine mine mine. Definitely day one.

Wow looks good. Does the entire game take place at night though?

Also are those the silhouettes of RWB guy and Magnus?
First shot was the back of Magnus Walkers head. That's when I knew I was buying it.

I think Akira Nakai and Kei Miura both made cameos too. Add Mike Whiddett and Vaughn Gittin Jr and the gang's all there!

Edit: just watched the gameplay trailer. I'm going to need this sooner than day one. Time to get a job at whatever disc duplication plant they use.

benzy

Need-for-Speed_2015_06-15-15_001.jpg

Based upon their reveal tweets, zero.

EA and their BS. Hope they change their minds.

Never liked how any NFS game has played, but customization and the involvement of Speedhunters means I will be buying a new console and this game on day 1.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Not a fan of what was shown, I honestly think it looks god awful.

The drifting is .. Garbage and not the wacky camera that they showed. It doesn't look like you have control over it at all and the drifting angle seems insanely sharp.

Cops being another negative that was shown (aside from the open world which i loathe) that just randomly pop up out of no where after you have finished a race.

I don't think there's going to be an arcade racer in the near future that will make me happy. Unless Burnout 3 comes out in HD / Remastered, But that's never going to happen.

Graphically the game looked great, Everything else just looked horrible.

Looks great! Which is unfortunate for me because I can't support a game that has a purposefully limited shelf life. That said, everything else looks good.

nib95

Banned
Didn't really like the weird camera swings, but my word am I on board! Amazing visuals, and that customisation!

0racle

I hope it looks like that. We are in next gen we need to have our jaws hit the floor at some point and this may be the title that does it.

Mush

Pretty much sold, although I (and by the sounds of it, many others) will be changing the camera the first chance I get.

SliChillax

Camera is just one of the cameras we have in the game, you can change it :)

Might be kinda weird to some gaffers here after seeing Uncharted 4, Shenmue 3, Gears 4 etc etc but as a car guy first and gamer second, NFS is the game I'm mostly excited about for PC, the game will look mental at 4K 60fps unless you guys lock the framerate again (please dont).

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Game looks dope, and has Rocket Bunny....I'm in there.

The Rocket Bunny kits have been played out too quickly especially on the ZN/C6 its like every drift/sponsored GT86 is running a Rocket Bunny kit.

Still gonna rock Rocket Bunny on my S13 but not on the GT86.

Bigger news is that the game has RWB, ive always wanted a RWB Porsche, but im a broke fucker so having a game where i can build a RWB Porsche is gonna be sick.

On Topic
The Transition from actors to gameplay was sick, theyve stepped up their green screening for sure.

Top Bottom