• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Trailer (E3 2015)

DOWN

Banned
Did EA say if it's playable offline?

It isn't playable offline. Even though it has single player, for whatever reason unlike Mirror's Edge or Battlefront, it will still force you online even when you don't enable the online features in single player and the game will be unplayable whenever servers or PSN/Live are unavailable, and the game is permanently disabled when servers are retired.

I'll wait for more information before diving in. Not a fan of the handling but everything else looks good. Was hoping for Most Wanted 2012 handling, not Hot Pursuit 2010/Rivals.

Best wishes.

I was so excited to see an FR-S/BRZ as the starter car. Then the gameplay. Something sounds so wrong. Then it hit me. Why is the exhaust note so fucking terrible? It's not an '86.

Looks great! Which is unfortunate for me because I can't support a game that has a purposefully limited shelf life. That said, everything else looks good.

Single player can always be patched in when the servers go offline, but let's need honest, by the time that happens you'll have moved on to the next one.

DOWN

Banned
Single player can always be patched in when the servers go offline, but let's need honest, by the time that happens you'll have moved on to the next one.

We were stuck going back to Underground for a decade because they took so long to make one we were interested in again. Why should we be sold something we would love that has been put on a time limit for no reason?

They said themselves that all the offline features can be shut off in single player, but unlike Mirror's Edge and Battlefront with those same options, Need for Speed will still make you stay connected and therefore be unplayable when servers are offline or retired.

Remember in December when PSN and Live went down for several days? That would render this game useless for those periods, and then permanently useless no matter how much we love going back to it like original Underground once they shut off servers. For no reason at all.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
PBR, not green screen :)

Double Sold!
Work Meister my favorite wheel, RWB porsche wide body kits....i already know the car imma be building once i got the cash in game:

go4B1eL.jpg

We were stuck going back to Underground for a decade because they took so long to make one we were interested in again. Why should we be sold something we would love that has been put on a time limit for no reason?

They said themselves that all the offline features can be shut off in single player, but unlike Mirror's Edge and Battlefront with those same options, Need for Speed will still make you stay connected and therefore be unplayable when servers are offline or retired.

Remember in December when PSN and Live went down for several days? That would render this game useless for those periods, and then permanently useless no matter how much we love going back to it like original Underground once they shut off servers. For no reason at all.

Unless they patched it, as I suggested.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Just found out Need For Speed is working with SpeedHunters for this game.
No wonder they have some of the most popular mods ive been seeing lately......Im huge SpeedHunters fan, im shocked SpeedHunters didnt leak anything about this on their site.

SmokyDave

Just found out Need For Speed is working with SpeedHunters for this game.
No wonder they have some of the most popular mods ive been seeing lately......Im huge SpeedHunters fan, im shocked SpeedHunters didnt leak anything about this on their site.
Did you know that Speedhunters was opened by EA to support the NFS franchise?

It's the best thing EA have ever been responsible for.

Adam M

Finally a NFS game which makes me excited for the first time since 2004 :) This is the only total arcade racing game which I like and I'm glad that finally it seems cool again :)

Danteska

Neo Member
I wonder why make a feature a dizzy camera angle that is disliked by almost everyone for what it seems. Might turn out a goodie though, just like the NFS Carbon drifting camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOKWeLCirhI

Also, I'd like to think they are aware that not all people like the drift handling (probably a majority does, though, I mean they keep making those games and we all know EA understands profit and profit alone. Therefore, those games must be selling pretty well for them to keep doing this).

Though, why all this focus on Rocket Bunny bodykits? Variety would have been nice. (I know that this might be the 'popular' thing right now, but I really hope Rocket Bunny is not the only option available for the tuner cars.). As far as I can see, it's all Rocket bunny for the BRZ and 180SX. Can't tell anything about the other cars, except for the RWB Porsche.

Will customization (bodykits and spoilers) affect car's grip and downforce? Hope so, though not getting my hopes too high.

Love how it's live acting and live-action mixed with rendered stuff. For example your garage is a real scene recorded probably with one of those 360º cameras and the only thing actually being rendered there is your car. Very nicely done.

And ,as someone else above, really hoping we'll get a 60 fps PC port this time, unlike 30 fps NFS Rivals.

Mr Cool711

Neo Member
Really not digging the inclusion of cops yet again. Keep that for the "hot pursuit" titles. I want this to be closer to the Underground games

dukie85

I wonder why make a feature a dizzy camera angle that is disliked by almost everyone for what it seems. Might turn out a goodie though, just like the NFS Carbon drifting camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOKWeLCirhI

Also, I'd like to think they are aware that not all people like the drift handling (probably a majority does, though, I mean they keep making those games and we all know EA understands profit and profit alone. Therefore, those games must be selling pretty well for them to keep doing this).

Though, why all this focus on Rocket Bunny bodykits? Variety would have been nice. (I know that this might be the 'popular' thing right now, but I really hope Rocket Bunny is not the only option available for the tuner cars.). As far as I can see, it's all Rocket bunny for the BRZ and 180SX. Can't tell anything about the other cars, except for the RWB Porsche.

Will customization (bodykits and spoilers) affect car's grip and downforce? Hope so, though not getting my hopes too high.

Love how it's live acting and live-action mixed with rendered stuff. For example your garage is a real scene recorded probably with one of those 360º cameras and the only thing actually being rendered there is your car. Very nicely done.

And ,as someone else above, really hoping we'll get a 60 fps PC port this time, unlike 30 fps NFS Rivals.

I hope there's a lot more in the way of kits myself... I don't wanna be limited in what I build :(

SmokyDave

This is definitely the most exciting thing to come out of E3 for me. Project Cars and Assetto Corsa have sated my sim needs for the foreseeable future, and this beauty will be my 'stylish arcade racer'.

Dilly

Banned
It looks lovely, but I really hope those drifts were initiated with a handbrake in the gameplay reveal. Don't want my car sliding all the time when taking a turn.

glaurung

I get a Battlefield Hardline vibe from these images. The car models are obviously vastly superior, but the light and moist surfaces are exactly the same.

I suppose this bodes well for NFS.

I know the games share the same engine, don't bother pointing that out.

The gameplay video of this was graphically very, very impressive.

Never bought a NFS game before but this might change that. I do like arcade racers, a linear burnout is what I really want though.

Arttemis

There's not a single god damn reason this game should be unavailable offline. If this launches and that's the case, they lost my sale.

It looks lovely, but I really hope those drifts were initiated with a handbrake in the gameplay reveal. Don't want my car sliding all the time when taking a turn.

100% this. That fishtailing straightaway section was ridiculous, not in a good way.

Top Bottom