• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need mp3 Software recommendation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blatz

I'm looking for something that will rip mp3's from CD and complete the ID3 Tag in one fell swoop. I used to use CDex to rip and musicmatch to tag everything. That was very cumbersome. I've formatted my computer and lost my musicmatch plus software/key. I didn't like musicmatch anyway.

What do you guys use?? Thanks

Blatz

I use the CDDB feature with CDex, but it doesn't appear to work. Is there a newer version of CDex out maybe? One thing CDex doesn't do is apply an album image to the mp3, which I kinda want.

Blatz said:
I'm looking for something that will rip mp3's from CD and complete the ID3 Tag in one fell swoop. I used to use CDex to rip and musicmatch to tag everything. That was very cumbersome. I've formatted my computer and lost my musicmatch plus software/key. I didn't like musicmatch anyway.

What do you guys use?? Thanks

There's this free software that comes with Windows XP that does everything you just described, and does it pretty damn well. What was it called.... Oh yeah. WINDOWS FUCKING MEDIA PLAYER!

It's right below your noses, people! And it's good!

aoi tsuki

Shogmaster said:
There's this free software that comes with Windows XP that does everything you just described, and does it pretty damn well. What was it called.... Oh yeah. WINDOWS FUCKING MEDIA PLAYER!

It's right below your noses, people! And it's good!
Well, in our defense, past versions of WMP were bloatware, and wouldn't encode to "CD quality" MP3s. i just downloaded WMP10 a week ago, and i must say, it's rather slick. Loads fast, it's feature-rich, and it's got 320CBR and WM Lossless support. i'll stick with my own plethora of programs for ripping, tagging, and playing, but it's amazing how much work they've done on it. It's the best WMP since Media Player 6.4.

aoi tsuki said:
Well, in our defense, past versions of WMP were bloatware, and wouldn't encode to "CD quality" MP3s. i just downloaded WMP10 a week ago, and i must say, it's rather slick. Loads fast, it's feature-rich, and it's got 320CBR and WM Lossless support. i'll stick with my own plethora of programs for ripping, tagging, and playing, but it's amazing how much work they've done on it. It's the best WMP since Media Player 6.4.

Yeah, I remember the initial version of WMP in XP only let me encode up to 64kb/s for MP3s and I was like FUCK~ THIS! But that was like 4 years ago, and I like to live in the now. ;)

I've been using WMP actively for music since WMP9 first came out, and I found it amazing back then for ripping and encoding MP3s. It's FAST FAST FAST! You have to try it! And it was hard for me to tell the one ripped and encoded via EAC/LAME and WMP9 in quality. But there's no mistaking that WMP rips and encodes almost 10 times (NO JOKE!) faster than my old EAC/LAME combo settings. When I first tried it, I was like "Done already? Something must have fucked up. Fucking Microsoft!". But when I went to the folder I specified, lo and behold, there they were!

And I also love it for the fact that ID tags are done for me all automated, and needs be, editing the tags were also a breeze. I also like automated seperation of folders by artist AND albums within via subfolders (great if you have multiple albums of same artist).

In short, WMP9 and 10 rocks.

Blatz

WMP10 tags w/ album art too?

I wrote that POS program off a long time ago because of past experiences with it's crappyness. Maybe it's time to give it another shot.

Nevermind: I see that it can do all I need. I'll have to give it a shot....BTW...WMP10 did NOT come with my version of XP :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom