• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Needed: Best (online) prices for Halo 2 Limited Edition

BuddyC

While gracing the local Gamestop with my presence today, I opted to reserve a Limited Edition of Halo 2. But they were sold out of their inital allottment, thus if I wanted the LE I would be required to wait until 11/20 or so.

So I ask you, the knowledgable, what online retailer has the best deal on Halo 2: LE? Thanks!

Solid

Yummy :)

sim-halo2limitededition-002.jpg

cvxfreak

Jeez, the hype for this Limited Edition is strong.

I might as well pre-order it even though I have zero interest in Halo or Halo 2.

Deku Tree

I saw an add on drudgereport.com a while back. When you clicked on it, you went to a web page that offered to supply you with a FREE copy of the Halo 2 LE if you did a bunch of advertizing survey type stuff for them.

Malakhov

Banned
Halo 2 is $69.99 CAD, darn expensive for a new game. The collector's edition is $79.99 CAD, 10 extra bucks. Microsoft just knows it's gonna sell like hell :p

SyNapSe

BuddyChrist83 said:
While gracing the local Gamestop with my presence today, I opted to reserve a Limited Edition of Halo 2. But they were sold out of their inital allottment, thus if I wanted the LE I would be required to wait until 11/20 or so.

So I ask you, the knowledgable, what online retailer has the best deal on Halo 2: LE? Thanks!

How can they be sold out of pre-order copies? Shouldn't they be able to just preorder more.. It's not like this on short notice.

BuddyC

SyNapSe said:
How can they be sold out of pre-order copies? Shouldn't they be able to just preorder more.. It's not like this on short notice.
I'm guessing that as a chain, GameStop was told they were only getting X number of copies by 11/9 and then divided them amongst each store based on past numbers.

border

If you really think it's going to be "Limited" in any conventional sense, you are probably joking yourself. I expect them to press millions of these.

This is going to be like the gold Zelda:OOT cartridges where a few jerkoffs try and price gouge because it's a "Collector's Item".....and now you can get them off of eBay for a pathetic $8-12 dollars a pop.

MS will probably under-ship the "standard" version of the game at first, just so people that might not necessarily want the "Limited" Edition will be forced to buy it if they want to play the game by Christmas. Sony did the same sort of thing with the PS2 Network Package, where the barebones core system suddenly became very difficult to find....

BuddyC

Sysgen said:
Order from EB and select in store pickup.
I can't, no local EB. I'll probably just pre-order it at Toys R Us, which is actually closer to my place. If for some reason they don't have it on 11/9, I'll just hit up Circuit City or Best Best, which are both in the same complex. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom