• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is a guest on Art Bell's show tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yka

UPDATE: 11.3.2015 First hour of the show on YouTube...

Art Bell interviews astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on Midnight in the Desert (47:37)

I felt this needed its own thread... Neil deGrasse Tyson is Art Bell's guest tonight on his new show Midnight in the Desert.

They will talk about... whatever they wanna talk about. The "alien megastructure" is probably one of the topics. A fun show guaranteed!

Thursday | Neil deGrasse Tyson | haydenplanetarium.org/tyson | @neiltyson | Astronomy and many other topics
t1446177600z4.png

cosmos_small_zps6xgaqzuk.jpg

Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network and TuneIn. Or tune in to a radio station that plays Art's show in your area.

Art Bell |OT| thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029451

RC

Banned
I haven't listened to Art Bell since the good old coast to coast days. But I'm definitely tuning into this. Thanks OP.

I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE

ART BELL

then I started listening to the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe podcast

now I cringe at listening to Art Bell even his ads are for strange ass stuff that a Skeptic should puke on

Tyson (unsurprisingly) isn't a fan of the alien megastructure speculation by scientists. I honestly don't think it's that big of deal. It was merely noted as a possibility, not a high probability.

Yka

Back from the commercials... Anyone need a new roof? ;)

...then I started listening to the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe podcast...

Thanks for mentioning this podcast. I have it bookmarked but I think I haven't listened to any episodes yet. I have to check it out soon!

Art Bell's show really has some good music.

Music is a very important part of the show for Art...
Music does put you into a altered state, it's one of the reasons I would never consider doing a show without.

Art

I wonder how Tyson would feel about a technocracy. I mean, he's already vouching for an electorate that strongly pushes scientific agendas, clearly scientists would do a better job of running this country...

Yka

Art and Neil are taking calls now!

Call-in number | 1-952-CALLART / 1-952-225-5278

Skype | North America - mitd51 | International - mitd55

Are you still around, brainchild?

Art and Neil are taking calls now!

Call-in number | 1-952-CALLART / 1-952-225-5278

Skype | North America - mitd51 | International - mitd55

Are you still around, brainchild?

Dammit! No, I had to go and my battery died. I could have spoken to the god of Astrophysics!

Yka

It was a great show yesterday! Another unmissable Art Bell show coming tonight...

Friday | Art Bell's Halloween show | Dead Air | Three hours of spooky stories!
t1446264000z4.png

gloomy_manor_small_zps3gqzmo27.jpg

Join the Halloween show discussion in the Art Bell |OT| thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029451

Dammit! No, I had to go and my battery died. I could have spoken to the god of Astrophysics!

Well, there is always a next time. I'm sure Neil will be back on Art's show sooner than later. I will let you know when that happens!

I missed it.... Anywhere I can catch the replay??

Only subscribers can access the show archives. I guess I should have posted this thread a few hours earlier...

But check out StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson if you haven't already. It's a fun science show!

EDIT: I have asked them to release the first hour of this show on Art's YouTube channel. I will update the OP and bump this thread if that happens...

Yka

First hour of the show on YouTube... Art Bell interviews astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on Midnight in the Desert (47:37)

Tonight Art's guest is Linda Moulton Howe and they will talk about star KIC 8462852 and many other topics. Linda was on C2CAM last week...
Earthfiles investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe discussed a star that is emitting a light pattern which is stranger than any of the 150,000 stars studied by the Kepler Space Telescope in the past four years. The light pattern of a middle aged star called KIC 8462852, some 1,480 light-years from Earth suggests that some kind of complex matter structure is circling the star, causing intermittent brightening and dimming by "a mass of objects," according to Prof. Jason Wright, an astronomer at Penn State University. He told Linda that he and his colleagues are studying all possible natural explanations, and the exotic though unlikely possibility that it could be a "swarm of megastructures" built by an advanced alien civilization to harvest energy from the star. At the suggestion of the Penn State team, SETI started pointing their Green Bank radio telescope at the unusual star to check for signals. More here.

Art Bell |OT| thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029451

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom