• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Quonny

Hmmm I wish there was more info on the No Game No Life Nendos... They are apparently listed as bonuses of a sort, with a book. So I'm wondering if it means if they will even come with full packaging, or be a kind of pack-in? Rightstuf however, doesn't even list the book (but is more expensive :/), so I'm trying to figure out where to get them from, and hoping that they just come as a regular Nendo box.

They should get full packaging and it's likely to be in English only.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They should get full packaging and it's likely to be in English only.

Oh all of them are in english from Rightstuf? Huh, I only thought a few of the localized versions, like Nintendo-based ones were, since places like Rightstuf charge an import fee on top.Just worried about getting it off a Japanese site and finding out it's just a plastic thing in a box :/ I do know that Nendos in game pack-ins did come with their own separate box.

The_Kid

Do people generally order from Goodsmile for preorder bonuses? I'm just curious.

Looking back through their releases the only one I bought that even had one was Kirby. Shrug.

Do people generally order from Goodsmile for preorder bonuses? I'm just curious.

Looking back through their releases the only one I bought that even had one was Kirby. Shrug.
God no. Unless you REALLY REALLY need whatever little extra trinket it includes it's not worth the extra ~$20 in cost.
Unless there are a bunch of figures you want at once, since shipping is a flat rate, or they have an exclusive, ordering from GSC directly is almost always a ripoff.

Luigi87

God no. Unless you REALLY REALLY need whatever little extra trinket it includes it's not worth the extra ~$20 in cost.
Unless there are a bunch of figures you want at once, since shipping is a flat rate, or they have an exclusive, ordering from GSC directly is almost always a ripoff.

This.
Only time I ordered from GSC when it wasn't necessary was for the Northern Princess nendo so I could get the exclusive box to match my Wo-Class and Re-Class nendos.

Nah. Only one I caved too was the body pillow that comes with the Albedo Nendoroid, because it really makes the whole thing work.

i got most of mine not through GSC, but i've been buying from them recently for say like Snow Miku, and i caved and got the Kirby reissue from them since i really wanted the tomato accesory (which was just loose in the shipping box wrapped in a bit of bubble wrap lol).

i really want to order musashi since it'd be from them, but i'm broke like a joke at the moment, well not really broke, more like i'm saving for now.

Mandelbo

Quick question: is there anywhere in London that sells Nendoroids? I'm going there for the day and it just occurred to me that it could be a chance to expand my collection!

What's the turnaround rate for something becoming popular and Nendoroids being made of it? I'm still irrationally waiting with bated breaths and dry eyes for Overwatch Nendos. The Funko POP abominations are... well, abominable.

Theonik

Popularity isn't as important as brand relations. LoL got 1 nendoroid in total for Ahri that was sold in very limited quantities and that was that. They then went with Funko pops. (disgusting things those are btw)

Ball's on Blizzard's court imo.

aza

My Nendoroid Mario:

TSeOC64.jpg

Replicant

I feel that after Nintendo, Sony's property is the closest things that GSC can easily convert to Nendoroid. I mean after Kat Figma and Nathan Drake Nendoroid, I'm hoping for more.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Sure been quiet in here for a while!

Anyhow, looks like the winner for next year's Snow Miku and Yukine has been chosen. Look good! I honestly can't remember who I picked. *looks back at poll* Ok, so this was the Miku I picked, and I think I picked the Yukine with the big bow, although it would've partenered best with the dark-haired Miku.

Ohnonono

I just picked up a Majoras Mask Link one of these for my son. I am kind of in love with these. Is there a comprehensive list of properties they cover and also can someone point me to the best place to buy these from? The Link was randomly at a gamestop and it was the only one they had.

Ohnonono

I bought a Mega Man and a MGSV snake off of amazon. They were prime items and had good reviews. Hopefully they are real! They were what seemed like normal price.

Soooo, I'm totally new to figures and importing Japanese items in general. I've read the OP about how figures usually sell out of preorders, so I really wanted to try to preorder the Rem Nendoroid. I looked on AmiAmi, and there's a note saying that it's only for sale in Japan. Is there some way I can still get this item? I'm not familiar with importing and paying yen for anything, so I apologize if I sound rather helpless. The wording on these sites make me want to preorder so I don't have to go through a secondhand seller.

Replicant

Soooo, I'm totally new to figures and importing Japanese items in general. I've read the OP about how figures usually sell out of preorders, so I really wanted to try to preorder the Rem Nendoroid. I looked on AmiAmi, and there's a note saying that it's only for sale in Japan. Is there some way I can still get this item? I'm not familiar with importing and paying yen for anything, so I apologize if I sound rather helpless. The wording on these sites make me want to preorder so I don't have to go through a secondhand seller.

Huh? Pretty sure it's not for Japan only. I just put it in my cart and it allows me.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-022051

Replicant

Oh I was just looking at the "Remarks" part. After I've registered, do I purchase it just like I would from any other US retailer? I'm confused because of the yen conversion and wondering how the price to ship from Japan would be.

Pretty much. I suggest that you don't ship it right away but instead put it on your "monthly" shipment, in case there are other things that you want to buy.

So pre-order that figure, and note the release date. AmiAmi won't ship until the end of that month's release date. When it's about to ship you'll get a quote asking you to pay for it as well as choosing shipping method. I usually use EMS since it's fast/relatively cheap in comparison to the other 2. But yeah, it's always a good idea if you have more than one item you want to buy per month so you save a bit more.

StayDead

Amiami always put for sale in Japan only. You'll still be able to order it and they'll ship it to you.

JulianImp

Haaachikujiiiii!

Got her from Mandarake Akiba, and while her backpack's left strap is broken, it can be glued back on, and I guess that was what made the figure that much cheaper than the others... oh well, I can live with that.

Now I've got all the nendos I want... at least until Nise nendos happen and I get the chance to buy Kaiki and Ononoki.

Oh I was just looking at the "Remarks" part. After I've registered, do I purchase it just like I would from any other US retailer? I'm confused because of the yen conversion and wondering how the price to ship from Japan would be.

Shipping will be around 1-2k yen depending on your shipping method and item weight.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad that the previous pre-orders for Korra come with the extra parts! I knew about her wind element, but didn't know about her avatar-state face.

Top Bottom