• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2014 TV Show of the Year ~Results!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Great work with the thread Ratsky!

I did my part and put THW as my number 1 show, but yeah GAF is very US centric so it is unfortunately not very surprising that British shows get very little recognition. Unfortunately for me Netflix Nordic has been very slow with the second series of Line of Duty so I haven't seen it yet, the first series was brilliant though.

Part of it might be. that it aired on Sundance Channel in the US and I'm not sure how many people even know they have it. I sure didn't until I saw a commercial for Rectify's first season and looked into it.

Clevinger

7 of the top 10 spots were won by cable shows, so it's not like this is some revelation.

I'm just looking for welcome exceptions like Hannibal and Jane the Virgin, and was wondering if Person of Interest fit that bill or was just another Flash situation.

It's a lot more network-y than Hannibal, but it's a much better show than The Flash.

annoyingly obtrusive background music (not really), endless flashbacks (not exactly - it has flashbacks but they aren't that excessive like, say, Lost or *barf* Arrow *barf*) and cutaways to buildings and cities (yes), terrible and infantilizing dialogue (no)

I'm hesitant to recommend the show to people though because it's not for everyone and it takes about a full, long season to really get going.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
More people should watch The Honorable Woman (available on Netflix now). It was so good.

Now for the Average Pick Top 10, with average spot chosen (minimum of 20 votes)

1. Rectify 1.555555556
  2. Hannibal 1.837837838
  3. The Good Wife 2.238095238
  4. Person of Interest 2.548387097
  5. True Detective 2.580645161
  6. Fargo 3.085714286
  7. Game of Thrones 3.563829787
  8. The Knick 3.787878788
  9. The Americans 3.827586207
  10. Mad Men 3.909090909

Here's the top 50 shows, placed into the same average pick metric:
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]8. Rectify - 228 - 27					1.555555556
[*]3. Hannibal - 604 - 74					1.837837838
[*]47. The Honorable Woman - 32 - 4					2

[/LIST]

Pay attention people. The Honorable Woman is legit. It's streaming on Netflix now, no excuses!

Also, shouldn't those spots be +1? For example, The Honorable Woman would average a 3 ranking (4 votes, 8 pts apiece), not a 2.

Euron

I'm on S1E11 of Hannibal and I can say with confidence that it was robbed. True Detective absolutely deserves its praise though. Also I probably would have liked Season 4 of GOT a lot more if I didn't read the books so I'm biased there. And Rick and Morty deserves to be much higher. It's absolutely batshit insane and the funniest show I've seen in a long time.

But regardless, great work to everyone involved in making this list happen.

Yes I'm part of the problem since I didn't vote. Wasn't able to start Hannibal until last weekend and didn't want to vote without it.

Linius

Only now noticed the results are up. That's what you get for never browsing OT
D5Jy4CR.png

Thanks for all the work Ratsky. And putting some of my quotes up there. Think we got a decent list this year. Funny how GoT never comes in first apparently :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom