• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Justinh

Got the last three books I needed for this set today.
etxAbwN.jpg
It used to bother me that some of the spines have a small crease in them, since they were supposed to be "new," but I'm over it. The creases line up with the glossy pages on which the full color pages are printed so maybe it's just a defect or something, since the pages aren't like... bent on the inside near the binding or anything. I dunno, good enough for me.
Not like I can read Japanese anyways...
(I should've put one of them out of place or something, I bet it would've driven someone crazy...)

Finally got a new Kindle, it just arrived (I love free same-day delivery). I've started reading my old Kindle a bit and I like to read at night before I go to sleep. The lack of a light really strained my eyes and made reading unpleasant. I got the Walnut Brown cover option because my Midori Traveler Notebooks are all brown.
A lot of reviews complained about the price, but I think it's worth it to me. It's so tiny and comfy to hold. I got the 3G version because I love being able to buy a paper anywhere I am if I'm just bored (I used to go to campus a couple hours early before all of my classes and just read the paper and then something else with a cup of coffee and earbuds in back when I was college). It's also the ad-free version because I don't care how non-invasive the ads reportedly are, if I can pay 20 dollars extra to be free of them, I'm going to choose that option.

This is it compared to my old Kindle.
I do still like the idea of a physical keyboard because when I'm reading a large book I take a lot of notes and I really don't like typing on a touch screen, so I'll probably still keep my old one. In fact, the old "Kindle Keyboards" are going for just 30 dollars with 3G and no ads, so I went ahead and bought one of those too, lol (it's smaller and has a better screen than my Kindle 2).

With neither of them in their cases like they're pictured here, the Oasis weighs less than half of my old one, and since the center of gravity is closer to the hand it feel much nicer to hold.

Top Bottom