• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

taku

3407577054_250a92efc6.jpg

After a day of playing SFIV with my brother I found this in my bag when I was about to pack up and head home..

_dementia said:
Vinyl die would work much better than paint. Since you're staining the plastic itself, it won't scratch off like paint.
Vinyl dye, eh? I'll try to get my hands on some and try it out then! Here's hoping I don't fail miserably like with most of my projects..

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey!

Anyone have orange or yellow OBSF/OBSN 30 mm buttons?

I need some asap....

PM me or post here!

xabi

Here's something odd that I was hoping you guys could help out with.

I just got my TE SFIV stick this week (MarkMan, it's a thing of beauty) for PS3. I also have my old ASCII PS2 stick that I have been using with a TAC USB adaptor with no problems. When I plug in my TE AND the ASCII, my PS3 freezes. When I use just my TE, it's fine. When I use just my ASCII, it's fine too. It's when I plug in both that I run into problems. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thx

hitsugi

Got my sanwas in a while back, this stick is finally what I wanted it to be (well, not a huge fan of the plugs but it beats having 2 random buttons to hit)

3348582358_c4c7cefb9c.jpg

3348581314_514e18b51a.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
Oh man I almost forgot! Finally got my order in too. Damn almost $70 after shipping.

1 x JLF-TP-8Y ( Color:Black ) 2,195¥
6 x PS-14-P ( Color:Blue ) 1,920¥
2 x PS-14-P ( Color:White ) 640¥
1 x LB-39 ( Color:Clear ) 240¥

>_<

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Woohoo! Finally got my LL order today. Ordered a JLF on 2/23, switched it to a LS-32-01 and LL threw in an orange bubbletop for my troubles. Dopeness.

Just some FYI for those putting a LS-32 into the SE stick like I did--make sure you have a really good Philips. The holes Madcatz drilled, at least in my stick, were not entirely circular and more oval so it was a real pain to get the screws in (less so when I switched to a better Philips). I actually only bothered to put 2 screws--one in the middle hole of each side. Much easier then trying the four corners considering how tough it was to get them down and it was still very snug and secure when I was done.

And make sure to take out the PCB before mounting as it's much easier to do so with it off.

Now my only beef is that I ordered my Sanwa screw-in's on 2/26 and LL isn't yet up to that date in their endless quest to fill all back-orders.

Cannot wait. Guile will be much, much less of a chore. Right now I can't even reliably whip out basic b&b 2-in-1's with him in IV--though that has more to do with the different timing in IV. I still have the timing of old school Guile, or even Remy--and it just does not translate.

MrMephistoX

bob_arctor said:
Woohoo! Finally got my LL order today. Ordered a JLF on 2/23, switched it to a LS-32-01 and LL threw in an orange bubbletop for my troubles. Dopeness.

Just some FYI for those putting a LS-32 into the SE stick like I did--make sure you have a really good Philips. The holes Madcatz drilled, at least in my stick, were not entirely circular and more oval so it was a real pain to get the screws in (less so when I switched to a better Philips). I actually only bothered to put 2 screws--one in the middle hole of each side. Much easier then trying the four corners considering how tough it was to get them down and it was still very snug and secure when I was done.

And make sure to take out the PCB before mounting as it's much easier to do so with it off.

Now my only beef is that I ordered my Sanwa screw-in's on 2/26 and LL isn't yet up to that date in their endless quest to fill all back-orders.

Cannot wait. Guile will be much, much less of a chore. Right now I can't even reliably whip out basic b&b 2-in-1's with him in IV--though that has more to do with the different timing in IV. I still have the timing of old school Guile, or even Remy--and it just does not translate.

All the more reason to use Akihabarashop.jp Those guys are on the ball and extremely courteous. My violet buttons are on the way and I just ordered a bat-top and start buttons. My HORI real arcade pro will soon be a light blue and violet beacon of joy.

So several days ago I received my sanwa buttons and LS-32-01 seimetsu joy stick.

When installing them onto my Se fightstick, I notice how had to remove the moutning plate adn rotate it. Furthermore, it seems only two of the four screws are useable when finally mounting it to the fighstick unit. Is this normal?

milkham

MrMephistoX said:
All the more reason to use Akihabarashop.jp Those guys are on the ball and extremely courteous. My violet buttons are on the way and I just ordered a bat-top and start buttons. My HORI real arcade pro will soon be a light blue and violet beacon of joy.

oh? when did akihabarashop reopen?

i just finished adding my art to the hrap3
3413925396_bf84061502_b.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
milkham said:
oh? when did akihabarashop reopen?

i just finished adding my art to the hrap3
3413925396_bf84061502_b.jpg

This morning, not sure if they closed again yet >_< And that's an awesome design. I'm still trying to figure out what designs I should have on my stick. I want some sorta Chun Li one since it's who I main.

MrMephistoX

kiryogi said:
This morning, not sure if they closed again yet >_< And that's an awesome design. I'm still trying to figure out what designs I should have on my stick. I want some sorta Chun Li one since it's who I main.

Agreed! I want to change the art on mine too I just have to search for cool HRAP 3 templates too.

zewone

What's the best method for printing art for a TE? Like, what do I ask the Kinko's guy and what do I take with me? :lol

C- Warrior said:
So several days ago I received my sanwa buttons and LS-32-01 seimetsu joy stick.

When installing them onto my Se fightstick, I notice how had to remove the moutning plate adn rotate it. Furthermore, it seems only two of the four screws are useable when finally mounting it to the fighstick unit. Is this normal?
Not sure it's it normal, but that's how I installed it, too. I turned it horizontal and only used 2 screws.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sorry if this has been answered already, but the thread's getting long: is there a particular brand of bat-top joystick handle that can replace the ball top on the TE Fightstick? I see several sizes online including Sanwa "adapters" for some bat tops on some stick shafts.

Kaijima said:
Sorry if this has been answered already, but the thread's getting long: is there a particular brand of bat-top joystick handle that can replace the ball top on the TE Fightstick? I see several sizes online including Sanwa "adapters" for some bat tops on some stick shafts.
Sanwa LB-30-N Joystick Bat Top and Sanwa Joystick Adapter.

The LB-30-N is made for the wider-shafted JLW if I'm not mistaken, but works fine with the JLF in the TE stick when you install the adapter.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
_dementia said:
Sanwa LB-30-N Joystick Bat Top and Sanwa Joystick Adapter.

The LB-30-N is made for the wider-shafted JLW if I'm not mistaken, but works fine with the JLF in the TE stick when you install the adapter.

Thank you sir!

Rufus

MicVlaD said:
Some "nearby" stores aren't even sure if they'll get any sticks in June at the earliest... :[
I'm still waiting for my SE stick as well. Sigh.
The Sanwa parts I already sitting on my desk, it's so annoying. :lol At least I could get a Fightpad.

zewone

_dementia said:
That's some pretty crazy/unique artwork, what's it from? Is it original?

Did you paint the shaft cover and dust washer?
It was originally done by Shintaro Kago. It was actually one the cover of a Vice magazine which is where I originally found out about his work.

Yeah, I painted the shaft cover and dust washer. I also painted the red bezel. Here's a scan of the original cover art:

http://www.sparehed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/kago.jpg

zewone said:
It was originally done by Shintaro Kago.
I've heard of this fellow. He does crazy/bizzare/humorous guro comics, correct? I've seen some of his work. The source you linked doesn't allow hotlinking :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
zewone: Nice mod!

Your shaft cover is on upside down though.

Don't ask me why I can tell... it's just something that I can see now... -_-

TurtleSnatcher said:
What piece do I order from LizardLick to get a Octagon Gate on a TE Stick for SF4? :)
Sanwa GT-Y

What's with people and Octagonal gates? If you think the stick feels American afterwards it's a purely mental thing. I used one a while back and abhored it.

_dementia said:
Sanwa GT-Y

What's with people and Octagonal gates? If you think the stick feels American afterwards it's a purely mental thing. I used one a while back and abhored it.
Its not I want it to feel american...

I just can't do any type of shoto move like a hadoken or el fuerte dash consistently on this Square gate no matter how hard i try..

I then begin to flail in frustration. I think it will be easier for a former pad player to go to a octo gate then a square gate as well personally.

toneroni

anyone have any extra Sanwas/Seimitsu sticks or buttons for sale? Apparently GS is shipping my SE fightstick this week and i wanna mod it ASAP!

Icarus

How hard is it to do that vinyl dye stuff on the TE stick? does that red border just come off so you don't risk borking the rest of it whatever color you're replacing it with?

gokieks

Icarus said:
How hard is it to do that vinyl dye stuff on the TE stick? does that red border just come off so you don't risk borking the rest of it whatever color you're replacing it with?

The red border is a plastic piece that's removable, and can easily be painted (I used Krylon Fusion, which is designed for use on plastics).

I have a Sanwa JLF, Dark Gray Sanwa Balltop, six Dark Hai Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons, three Seimitsu PS-14-D buttons, one Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal gate, and two Sanwa OBSM-30 plugs I'm willing to part with. Everything is brand-new except for the GT-Y. Photos when I get home.

edit: everything on hold pending transaction

_dementia said:
I have a Sanwa JLF, Dark Gray Sanwa Balltop, six Dark Hai Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons, three Seimitsu PS-14-K buttons, one Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal gate, and two Sanwa OBSM-30 plugs I'm willing to part with. Everything is brand-new except for the GT-Y. Photos when I get home.
Your GT-Y.. it not being new.. does it even matter? :p

I may want to buy that off ya.

Jables

Just got my first custom stick in the mail today and I'm pretty excited! It's an all Happ setup. Looking forward to test driving it in some matches tonight when I get home.

2f2f484f.jpg

Jables said:
Just got my first custom stick in the mail today and I'm pretty excited! It's an all Happ setup. Looking forward to test driving it in some matches tonight when I get home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Frag-Happy/2f2f484f.jpg
Thats a beautiful custom.

Good call on the Japanese button layout despite using Happ parts. I think the Japanese layout feels more natural because fingers are different lengths. I always found the "straight six" American style uncomfortable.

Baron

My parts arrived from Akihabarashop today and I was able to finish up my second Wii stick mod. This stick has white/green Sanwa buttons I made by combining the parts of a set of both white and green buttons, using green plungers and white, erm, rims. Sanwa doesn't make this color stock and I thought it would look unique, so I cobbled them together myself.

I also put Taito sleeves on the quick disconnects to finish up the look. The one button you see that is a screw-in is such because I accidentally went too far grinding that button hole and consequently the snap-in button was a bit loose. The screw-in remedies that loose issue.

This stick has got the clear bottom I posted a ways back. I think it turned out nicely and is a nice counterpoint to the Seimitsu-outfitted Wii stick I made previously.

sanwa_green_white_sm.jpg

Yes Boss!

Wow, looks great Baron!

What are (and where did you buy) the button connectors and the nice wire? Was that stuff from Akihabara? I think I'll probably clean up my first ghetto mod I did a few months back on my SFIV stick (below) and make it professional like yours...and I'm anticipating having to do it again for the upcoming Death Smiles.

P1000068.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom