• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravager61

Ravager61 said:
If I have a SE stick modded with a sanwa stick and buttons, would there be any reason to buy the TE stick? I think the TE stick already has sanwa stick and buttons so except for the shape, the TE and my modded SE would be the same, right?

Anyone? Im thinking about picking up the TE stick but I dont know if I can justify it since I already have a modded SE.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky.

Can I help you?

I love it when you scream my name.

Hi guys.

So many arcade sticks at Comic-Con! This is awesome! Fighter fans are everywhere!

Wait til you see the next surprise announcement!

WE AIN'T DONE YET!

Ravager61 said:
Anyone? Im thinking about picking up the TE stick but I dont know if I can justify it since I already have a modded SE.

Only reason would be if you prefer the base on the TE, otherwise, I'd say no it's not worth it at all. BTW I also have a SE stick w/ sanwa parts.

Yes Boss!

Ravager61 said:

Same thing. Just a smaller footprint, lack of cord storage, and you've gotta still use stock buttons for start and select. But, you also get the awesome slope on the SE (a nice benefit!).

MarkMan said:

WE AIN'T DONE YET!

Waiting patiently! Hopefully more accessible. Got any pics of the booth and folks buying your wares?

Btw, I did order a pad from the Mad Catz store! My first PS3 fightpad!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Ravager61 said:

I have an SE I got at launch fully modded with seimitsu parts and just picked up a TE and love it. It may just be little things but to me it's much nicer. I love that it uses actual 24mm buttons for start and select instead of little plastic nubs. I love the cord compartment and how you can adjust how much cord you need. The whole thing feels really solid and the extra wrist room is nice. Whether it's worth an extra $150 depends on you. They look amazing with arthong's full panel plexiglass covers.

I love the hyper-sensitive non-clicky Sanwa buttons but I'm not a huge fan of the sticks with their big deadzone and quickly swapped it for a Seimitsu.

rawfish

Hey guys,

Sharing my recent mod. Since I'm stingy with colour prints I decided to use sketches printed (laser) on thick art block paper.

3749763887_e9b45d6ea2.jpg

3749764041_10f2685060.jpg

A real good way if you're on a tight budget, or having mental block thinking of what design to go with.

Do you think I should go with a black or white balltop? I have both but am undecided. The one you see in the image above is actually a clear bubbletop, but it gives a purplish tint.

If anyone's interested, I posted my short work log at SRK.

I like the stick, and I'd stick with the clear top, even with the slight purplish tint in it.

Quick question: where did you go about getting the clear buttons?

milkham

cann3dheat said:
I like the stick, and I'd stick with the clear top, even with the slight purplish tint in it.

Quick question: where did you go about getting the clear buttons?

seimitsu makes clear buttons

milkham said:
seimitsu makes clear buttons
Would they work with my SE fightstick? They're both 30mm, but just double checking. I was looking into the Sanwa OBSF-30s, but I like the look of those clear ones.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
MarkMan said:
Can I help you?

Hi guys.

So many arcade sticks at Comic-Con! This is awesome! Fighter fans are everywhere!

WE AIN'T DONE YET!

Is it Pringles?

NeoGIF

MarkMan said:

WE AIN'T DONE YET!

Hopefully, whatever you guys announce next, is available to a wider audience next time. But I shall patiently wait. :D

Psychedelicide

Neo Member
MarkMan said:
Can I help you?

Hi guys.

WE AIN'T DONE YET!

BRING-IT-ON!!!!

cann3dheat said:
Would they work with my SE fightstick? They're both 30mm, but just double checking. I was looking into the Sanwa OBSF-30s, but I like the look of those clear ones.
PS-14-KNs? They will work fine.

DoubleTap

MarkMan said:
Can I help you?

Hi guys.

WE AIN'T DONE YET!

Can't wait.

I would love it if Madcatz released a FSTE with Seimitsu parts.

Chorazin

MarkMan said:
Can I help you?

Hi guys.

WE AIN'T DONE YET!

I hope you guys will have something launching around the same time as the October HRAP shipments from Amazon, give Hori some competition!

Sai

Sorry if it's been asked already, but does anybody here have any experience modding one of the old Tekken 5 10th Anniversary Arcade Sticks?

I've been on the fence about purchasing a TE stick for a while. Tekken 6's release is approaching, and with all the other game-related purchases I'm making this fall, I'm looking to save a few dollars if at all possible. So... I'm wondering if there's any way I can make this old arcade stick work for me instead. I've got no experience with this, so any help would be appreciated.

Sai said:
Sorry if it's been asked already, but does anybody here have any experience modding one of the old Tekken 5 10th Anniversary Arcade Sticks?

I've been on the fence about purchasing a TE stick for a while. Tekken 6's release is approaching, and with all the other game-related purchases I'm making this fall, I'm looking to save a few dollars if at all possible. So... I'm wondering if there's any way I can make this old arcade stick work for me instead. I've got no experience with this, so any help would be appreciated.
Are you going to use it with PS3? If so, get a Pelican, inPin, or Hais PS2 -> PS3 adapter. They should be compatible with current firmware.
If you want to upgrade the quality of parts, see this thread:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=153627

Ledsen

VALKYRAY said:
i've played 3rd strike, CVS2, marvel vs capcom 2 on actual arcade. their joysticks are circle gated.
never thought square gate is standard now days. i thought it's just for 3d fighters.
guess i have to live with that, thanks anyway.

In Japan, square gates are standard for everything (edit: ok, almost ;) and have always been. They are the original way of controlling 2D fighters.

outsidah

I was at the Con and ended up passing on the special TE. Dont get me wrong, I was all over it as soon as I saw it... but I couldnt justify another $180 with all the other expenses on this trip. (I already own a regular TE) I didnt want to pickup one to resell either but it looks like people have been doing that as usual.

Oh well. Hopefully next surprise from them is cheaper and available everywhere.

DiddyBop

outsidah said:
I was at the Con and ended up passing on the special TE. Dont get me wrong, I was all over it as soon as I saw it... but I couldnt justify another $180 with all the other expenses on this trip. (I already own a regular TE) I didnt want to pickup one to resell either but it looks like people have been doing that as usual.

I doubt it. Madcatz had found their new cash cow and will milk us for all we're worth. But thats ok as long as the parts continue to be quality and they actually distribute a good amount to Canada.

Chorazin

outsidah said:

I'm over my fever for the Comic-Con LE, luckily. I ordered one of the LE fightpads from Gameshark to get my LE fix, and it'll actually be used. I'd prolly never use the LE TE because I'm....how shall we say....rough on my TE when I lose.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Are there any sticks out there that work with both the PC and Wii? I mainly want one for PC stuff but I'd also like it to work with TvC down the line.

Bananimus

Ysiadmihi said:
Are there any sticks out there that work with both the PC and Wii? I mainly want one for PC stuff but I'd also like it to work with TvC down the line.
Not to my knowledge. A Cthulhu MC board will support both USB (PC/PS3) and Gamecube, though. They're mad easy to wire up. USB support shouldn't require any soldering. If you want GC support, you'd have to attatch a cable to the board, which will require a small bit of soldering.

Going the custom route can be fun and educational!

PC and Wii compatibility in one stick something I have never seen.
One option would be to buy PS2 stick and both PS2->GCN and PS2->PC controller adapters.
The other option would be to buy a multiconsole cthulhu PCB (which PC, PS3, Xbox1, PS1/2, and GCN) and build your own stick from scratch/have someone build a custom for you.

Note that both of the options are GCN controllers, so the game would have to support it (TvC, GGXXAC/+ etc, all do though)

edit: beaten

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Ah, I was hoping for a bit of a simpler option. What are the chances of a TvC stick actually coming out this fall? The pictures that have been floating around are just a mock up, right?

Yes Boss!

Just a reminder for anybody in the North America region who still might want to get a VOOT stick, Hori said the initial preorder run was just a "trial" and has now officially re-opened them. NCS is offering preorders through Monday but there is a $100 deposit. The clunky original mock-up as been sleeked out (new image below, not sure if it is legit since it looks like a crappy photoshop):

http://www.shopncsx.com/realarcadetwinstickex.aspx

NEW:

twinstick.jpg

OLD:

image-thumb162-1.png

Bananimus

It looks like they changed the sticks from standard JLJ-PL2-8V sticks to something else. Maybe it's just a housing change? The dust washer still appears to be from Sanwa.

The new stick shape does match the older twin stick design, though.

Yes Boss!

Bananimus said:
It looks like they changed the sticks from JLJ-PL2-8V sticks to something else . Maybe it's just a housing change? The dust washer still appears to be from Sanwa.

That pic seems off. All these little distortion problems. It is what NCS had at their site and is what is at the Hori store so It seems the direction the stick is taking. Looking better but hopefully it will get even more finalized. Hori store link:

http://www.horistore.com/shop/item_detail.php?id=800

What it the story with the HRAP EX SA? Haven't seen anybody post real-life pics yet. And no importers have offered it for sale. Hasn't even surfaced on eBay yet.

Yes Boss!

Caj814 said:
wow they are absolutely in love with that case mold :lol

That is just the nature of the business, I'd imagine. Gotta recoup all the sunk costs. At least the HRAP mold is one of the best. Mad Catz will do the same thing. The TE form factor and its new white base is gonna show up again and wasn't made just for $90k worth of retail.

The most interesting, for me, is the mid-grade line that the new Tekken stick and SE operate within.

Sai said:
$100 deposit goes through next week... ._.

NCS emailed me and said they will be charging the card on the 30th. But it seems like the stick is finally officially a go. So far the most exciting stick release this year!

MarkMan said:
Glad I could be of some help... :)

This is just like most Comic-Con exclusives. Only available at Comic-Con. This will also be individually numbered out of /250.

6 months and they finalized my account here. MarkMan can you explain why all the SDCC TE sticks don't have the hadouken arrow dust washers on them like Capcom announced they would please?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Oh nothing. Just wanted to say your name.

:)

Did you plan out the mod for your TE yet?

benjiedude said:
6 months and they finalized my account here. MarkMan can you explain why all the SDCC TE sticks don't have the hadouken arrow dust washers on them like Capcom announced they would please?

It must have been mis-communication on my part. That was just a prototype.

sh4mike

I received an X360 SF4 TE stick today. I'm familiar with the light clicks from the Sanwa (have a T5 HRAP), but the stick has a clunky, chunky motion when I press up. Like there's a small sticking point. Other directions produce the happy light click and are smooth.

Any advice on whether I should return the stick?

comrade

sh4mike said:
I received an X360 SF4 TE stick today. I'm familiar with the light clicks from the Sanwa (have a T5 HRAP), but the stick has a clunky, chunky motion when I press up. Like there's a small sticking point. Other directions produce the happy light click and are smooth.

Any advice on whether I should return the stick?
If they have more exchange it. If they don't just open it and see what's causing the joystick to get stuck when you move it up.

I'm tempted to see if my GS has a TE stick that I can get with all the credit I have saved up... with MvC2 hitting next week and Tekken 6 before year end, I can see enough use that I might be able to justify the purchase.

Shadow780

Switched on the LL octagon gate restrictor, maybe I've been playing square gate too much now that I felt octagon gate is really loose...:lol

However, HELL YEAH BAT TOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom